Academy Of Learning Career College Employee Reviews

Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2018
Productive Educational Company
Course Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2018
This college is very successful post-secondary educational Company that all staff working together warmly as a team. I am so proud that working there.
Pros
An on-going environment of learning
Cons
N/a
A good school to learn
HCA / support worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2018
Staff and instructor are awesome, text book and module comes with the course, first aide and CPR certification included.

Decent lunch room, they also teach computer skills to advance or update your computer knowledge.
Pros
free lunch every end of the month Student appreciation
Terrible place to work
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2018
This company is far from professional and there is no communication between management and staff. There is no training and the sales manager in Calgary does little to help out the advisors. The staff is strange, not inclusive. The college itself is over priced and takes advantage of new immigrants and vulnerable people.
Cons
terrible communication
Temporary Administrator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2017
It is an amazing academic organization I have ever worked; however I am working there temporary receptionist and admission administrative. But as a whole I like the environment that I am working.
Amazing way to learn
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
I feel greatfull of what I had learned at the academy.
I also had the opportunity to share my way of being really creative with website, flyers, banners, advertisement, and Business Card.
Could add more courses.
Student (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC3 October 2017
This is a small college designed for students who like to work on their own with help only when they ask for it.
The courses themselves are limited and not outlined in a very constructive way.
There needs to be more courses provided.
Pros
Friendly, helpful staff.
Cons
Rushed through programs.
Good
Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB26 January 2017
Great place to work, love helping students and proud to say I work here. No management on site unfortunately. Co-workers are great supports. Not much opportunity for advancement or pay rise.
No chance of advancement or salary increases
Employee (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 December 2016
Coworkers are great, but management creates a hostile environment. Staff are asked to work overtime without compensation, and are talked down to.
Enjoyed meeting people
Director (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 October 2016
Working at Academy of Learning was a rewarding experience. Enjoyed watching students grow and become confident within themselves was really awarding. I learned how important it is to make people feel comfortable and special when selling. Management was a challenge at times. I had some really nice co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when a student or customer let me down and did not go for the goals that they set. The most enjoyable part was watching students reach their goals.
Pros
Meeting people and helping them
Cons
Keeping up with all the work load and keeping a balance in my life.
Job Offer
(would have been) Student Services Adviser (Former Employee) –  Downtown Edmonton25 June 2016
HR representative called to conduct phone interview on June 9, 2016. After completion of this, an in-person interview was scheduled between myself and the GM for June 13th. Arrived at my interview early and met with the GM who did not even know my name, nor what position I was interviewing for. The GM had not even reviewed my resume and took 10 mins to awkwardly read it in front of me. He described the position and explained that the college's admission had dropped severely and that they hoped to improve this. The GM also stated that the departing Student Services Adviser was leaving to pursue her in-home yoga instructional business to which he commented, "I don't think it will go anywhere, but that's her decision."

Gave him my references and he stated that they would let me know what their decision would be. Same HR representative called me on June 22 to officially offer me the position and specifically stated, "welcome aboard". Had another job offered to me the next day and turned it down. Two days after job offer from the Academy of Learning, the same HR rep called me to state that the head office had decided NOT to continue with the position. No apology from the HR rep.

I wouldn't recommend anyone apply for this school or for any employment opportunities. The GM was totally unprepared for our interview, made an inappropriate comment regarding an outgoing subordinate's career decision and withdrew their job offer to me, resulting in me losing out on another position.

Very disappointed in my experience with the Academy of Learning. I have some friends who have expressed
  more... interest in applying for their business programs, but they're now aware of how poorly the school is managed and that their admission rate has plummeted for good reason. Thanks for wasting my time, Academy of Learning.  less
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor communication, ZERO accountability, ZERO consideration for employment applicants
Good place
Student Support Services / Employment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2016
People were great and loved my job

I got to see so many people work hard at their life goal and truly see that the company mantra.. we change people's lives
Pros
Great team
Cons
maybe consistent with policies
Its an ok company
Medical Office Assistant/HUC Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary north campus12 March 2014
I have been working here for just over a year and half.

I have utilized my experience and knowledge that I have obtained with working with Alberta Health Services and also using my knowledge and experience from that to teach my students what I can to get them ready for the new careers.

Dianne
Pros
Amazing students most that have graduated with honors
Cons
Not enough pay for what I do, also we don't have the leads that are needed to keep the school or my classes running consistently
Good stepping stone
Student Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 December 2013
Very busy, fast paced. A very enjoyable and fun place to work. Hardest part of my job is seeing some students give up so easily opposed to working hard to achieve a goal. The best part is that one persons life you have a positive impact on. Downfall of this company is there is no room for growth or advancement opportunities. Privately owned.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
No room for advancement
A rewarding place to be when you help other meet their goals
Student Support Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2013
From the moment you walk in the door until the moment you leave, Academy of Learning always offers daily challenges with our students.

We offer support both personally and acedemically so that each and every student reaches their full potential and leaves satisfied they have the skills needed to achieve their career goals

With a positive management team that offers support and advice, it makes you feel confident in the job you are doing each and every day.
Productive and enjoyable work with co students
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 April 2013
Daily challenges in troubleshoot classroom hardware and software product.
Setup virtual machines for lab environments.
Mentored new students on setup workstations and servers in lab environments.
work asistense
Part Time Work Assistance (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 July 2012
I work assisting students in daily accounting duties, and its been a great work experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Academy Of Learning Career College. Our community is ready to answer.

Academy Of Learning Career College Reviews by Location