Absorb Software Inc.

Absorb Software Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Absorb is a company led by smart, passionate, and committed senior leaders who make a huge effort to make Absorb a great place to work. People are given opportunities to grow and develop professionally.
Absorb is a solid company to work for but there are some struggles.

There’s an us verses them mentality between staff hired before 2018 and after 2018. The pre-2018 people have troubles with change and are inflexible. There is a lot of complaining whenever there is a change evening it doesn’t effect them (they have been taught the squeaky wheel gets the grease) and they have a negative impact on good employees morale.

The new management hired in the past 2 years understands how to move Absorb forward and they are bringing in good people. It will take time to change the way this company operates but it’s worth it.

Pay and vacation is competitive, dental benefits could be better but prescriptions are 100% covered.

For a learning company I would like to see more time invested in employee and manager training programs.
Pros
Casual workplace, interesting software, good projects, growing company
Cons
Older employees are divas, some disconnects in management
The first thing I noticed were that favourites are played at absorb. They also like to boost the titles they give employees and promote corrupted people (someone got fired recently for collusion) If you’re a developer etc then you’ll be okay; The company will treat you like you matter. If you work in a department that’s a cost Center then you’re expected to work long hours without overtime pay, work from home in the evenings and all for a low pay. Forget getting a raise. Training is nonexistent. Company events, snack Wednesday’s and work from home policy is nice but what’s the point if you’re employees aren’t treated well? Management often likes to show everyone the divide between them and lower level workers. Sad part is that the CEO doesn’t have a clue what his management is doing in particular the CFO.
Great experience, very friendly people, and lots of activities on the job.
Pros
Snacks on Wednesdays
The company competes with hundreds of other similar products, and does very little to instruct staff of the competitive landscape.
Inexperienced Management - Favouring, no guidance or support, passes off questions to others or tells you to find it yourself.

Little to no culture - No solid vision, or mission.

No security - High employee turnover.

Depressing environment - Not many people smile or talk.

Good benefits.

Caring CEO.
Recently I joined Absorb company and work in cloud system side. I found out this is a fast-growing company with lots of talent people in all levels and departments. Different teams work closely with each other and support each other, everyone is very helpful, friendly here and communicate very well through messages, emails and other collaboration tools. I really appreciate the management team offer flex work time here, employee can choose 8:00AM to 4:00PM schedule or 9:00AM to 5:00PM schedule especially employee can have up to two days work from home each month. The Wednesday “snack” time also amazing here. HR also did an excellent job provide clear instruction to new employees and collect feedback from new employees. I also found out company respond to client’s request very fast and provide great customer service. I like the company’s mission. “Build thoughtfully designed software that supports all learning by reflecting and anticipating our client’s needs, including the need to do unexpected things.”
Recently named among Canada’s top 100 employers, Absorb is a great place to come to work because of the people who work there.

Lots of recent growth means a fair amount of change, but all teams are committed to working out new processes and creating an even better future for the company and its clients.
Great group of people on the Client Services side of things (the other teams are great too, but I primarily work with the Cleibt Services teams). It's nice to work somewhere that has a positive and nerdy atmosphere. Lots of growth and possibilities for advancement. The different teams are supportive and open to new ideas and the management is very open to sharing what's going on as well as open to suggestions and ideas. No company is perfect, but this one is pretty great. They also have a lot of team building activities throughout the year (like Lawn bowling and renting our theaters to watch movies as a company). The motto is 'work hard, play hard' and I'd say that it is pretty evident.
Pros
Video games over lunch, supportive teams and management
has a reputation for staff turnover, all show no substance, employees tend to not socialize and look miserable all day. no direction just criticism...avoid like the plague
Pros
games room
Cons
only selling feature was a games room
Great place to work.
A small sized company that's rapidly growing with a fun, collaborative and diversity inclusive culture. What's not to like here? I am happy to be a part of this company.
I started working here with high hopes for the growth but I soon learned that the company isn't ready for it. Someone posted a review on Glassdoor and rather than manage the complaint, the CEO emphasized his disappointment to see it there.

There are a lot of new hires but no training plan. Hardly any coaching goes on, and many of us are in agreement. You'll see someone hired one day, the next day they are running interviews and hiring new employees without anyone else's opinion. This is not how you fester a company's culture.

Every day a new change is brought up, a lot which does not carry through. There's a big buzz about a commission plan for the support team which evaportated overnight

There's also all this talk about certain offices or spaces reserved for a CFO. What about a Chief technology officer? First technology company I witness without the required leadership on the product side. There's a huge lack of expertise by the executive side in regards to technology and it's become more apparent. There's no recovery plan, or management of the cloud system, there aren't sufficient QAs or a rigorous testing plan. Since I joined, the system has failed several times. I say, save your money. If you don't have a product to sell or a reputation you can upkeep, your. CFO won't do you very well.

Also, it's clear that some groups make empty promises they can't keep, one of the internal service groups. Their team doesn't communicate and the executive is unaware of more events. Some new hires work their butts off but will eventually quit and ithers hide out until 3:30
 - more...
Pros
Promising company if management just got involved more
Cons
Lack of coaching and oversight.
The most enjoyable part of the job was playing games in lunch hours.

It is still a startup company which needs a major revamp. Business processes are at a primary stage.

Co-workers are really good to work with.

Typical day at work can be described by Daily Scrum, Coordination with Project Manager for requirement understanding, integrating data with the system and playing games during lunch hour.

Feedback process is partially broken.
Pros
Paid lunch hour, Games
Cons
Novice Management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Absorb Software Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
Absorb Software Inc. Reviews by Location