ABM Integrated Solutions

ABM Integrated Solutions Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
Good people at the company under senior management. My time at the company was dragged down by constant turn over and a lack of true direction. If you need a job to use as a stepping stone then absolutely but this probably isn't a place you want to plan on being around for very long
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
High Turnover, Lack of Direction, Don't Value Employees
Team work, great staff and in depth training if you are a hard worker and enjoy the feeling of an acomplished day, but dont necessarily like to take your work home with you, this is the perfect company to work for.
Pros
surprise free lunches, 3 weeks vacation to start.
Cons
work some holidays
Workload for the salary is ridiculous and it is why the attrition rate for this company is so high. They do not care about keeping their good staff they just want the most work out of you for the least amount of money with no regard for your safety or your work/life balance.
this is a part time/ casual position. i am not getting much work from it at this time. iam not qualifed to review the company....................................
good place to work. Friendly working place. Nice co-workers around.good place to work. company car provided. different shifts in a day. Driving around the city.
Pros
good place to work
Pro's
- vehicle supplied by the company for business and personal use

- benefits package

Con's

- lack of direction/training

- poor work/life balance as a result of company policy and business practices

- little opportunity for advancement within the company

- non-competitive wages/raises compared to the industry average for my role

- high turnover & difficulty filling open job positions
Was given daily assignments and allowed to organize as necessary. Received parts (if required) and returned defectives back to logistics. Very good system. Hardest part of the job was travel to areas out side the city.
An excellent group of people to work with. There are many technologies that are used here from 365, citrix, cisco, fortinet to name a few. I have learned a great deal working here.
Slave drivers. Unless you're desperate (like I was), avoid in a big way. A co-technician went up to management. Very intelligent and tough. He resigned as manager and went back to technician. Its a gong show there.
Pros
Learned the hard way.
Cons
Not enough characters in this box to list them. And no, I'm not one of those bitter guys in a bad mood with a vendetta. Stay away.
I was hired a few months ago as a Field Technician working out of Bathurst, NB. The managers are knowledgeable and great to work with. We service a lot of tech equipment so you learn something new every day. ABMIS has compensated me for any training I was offered to take to keep up with technology. There is often overtime available which is nice for the increased income. As a Field Technician we work rotating shifts (working evenings once a month). I personally prefer that type of schedule.
Pros
Continuous Learning & Good Compensation
Cons
Rotating Shift
They treat you like Family.
Team and Goal Orientated.

Always keep you in the loop to what is coming next.

Family Friendly they care and help where they can.

Flexible Lunch Break hours.
Pros
Amazing Management, Flexible hours
Cons
No Con's at the Present Moment
I am someone who left the company, and has returned. I left due to family commitments.
I can honestly say the company has made some positive changes. Senior and middle management are more concerned with keeping employees workload manageable. For instance, our team suggested a change to our schedule to make everyone happier. It was implemented, and supported.

I feel blessed to have the security that ABMIS provides. So many of us have to travel far and wide to find work. With ABMIS, you have steady work in your own community.

I have worked in field service for over 20 years. If you are someone who wants to work, you will find a lot of it at ABMIS.
Pros
steady work, decent rewards.
Cons
its not for everyone, be prepared to work.
Worked with ABM as a remote contributor in a management/ consulting capacity on various projects over 4 years. The people I worked directly with were hard working, good at delivering what they were responsible for, easy to work with. I was treated fairly, left to get my work done without being micromanaged and always had direct access to all levels of management.
Pros
Provided with support when requested; not micro-managed
Cons
Not well-known in the industry
Micro managed, and the senior leadership has no clue how to run a service company. Managing VP is only concerned about statistics, and always seems to miss the point. They are substandard in just about every way. Zero external training, zero direction. Employees are treated like slaves, and plans / direction is not shared with them at all. Do what we say...don't dare ask why. Terrible experience.
Pros
It was a paycheck
Cons
Long days with an employer who considers you as a Dixie cup, completely replaceable and worth almost nothing.
Miserable company to work for. You are micromanaged to the point of insanity. Overworked to the point of exhaustion, and stressed to the point of flipping out all while being criminally underpaid.
Pros
Company Car, Gas Card
Cons
Micromanagement, stress, overwork, substandard pay
The field services division of the company is treated like mindless peons. You're expected to be available 24 hours a day to fix even the most mundane of issues. Your well being, rights, and employment conditions are only whats guaranteed by law and only if you forcefully remind management of said laws will they be that good.

Thoroughly unenjoyable excepting the customers. They're what keeps you going.
Pros
You'll gain experience
Cons
No work/life balance, low wage, no prep time for calls, No time for training, unable to use vacation days due to staffing issues, I could go on for weeks here.
There is a lot of opportunity to learn new equipment.
I don't have anything else to say but I am required to fill in this space in order to continue!!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours/ rotating schedule
Enjoy my job, I like working with my Hands, I wish there was more of a home/work balance. There is a lot of negativity associated with this company. I enjoy working with my fellow technicians, as we always help each other out, which makes the long hours more bearable.
This is a terrible company to work for.

I lasted about six months dealing with all their BS and had finally had enough and quit.

Worst management I have ever had the displeasure of working for.

Avoid this place at all costs.

The other techs I worked with were pretty cool. But you knew none of them were happy.

They pay poorly as well, and don't pay overtime, or will stiff you on it. I had to take them to the labor board to get the money that was owed to me when I quit.
Pros
Not a thing.
Cons
Everything.
Not much to say at this point. It is family owned business and alot of internal works over external customer works. Good vision.
It is a job.
I enjoyed my time at ABM for the first 2 months or so until they put me in a job position that I wasn't hired or trained for.

Overall it was not very enjoyable for me.

However, my co-workers were nice and friendly.

In my opinion management at the company was not very good.
Pros
Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Bad managment and lack of training.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABM Integrated Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7