ABM College

ABM College Employee Reviews

Canada50 reviews
Working at ABM College is challenging in a good way. The CEO is a go getter and he always has high expectations on your work performance.
I am working with great people so that the best thing at ABM College
Pros
Great co-workers. Free lunches.
Cons
Some micromanagement
Very corrupt company. Disrespectful, the coordinator is racist. Very unhappy and unhealthy environment, they just love money from their students. Never think to apply unless, you are desperate for a job. Lots of employee left this company. Not recommendable.
Pros
you will get a high recommendation fee, food potluck often
Cons
once you once you've finished 2 weeks no one cares for you!they got your $
ABM College has been a great place to work at. Every day goes very fast as there is always a lot to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping clients, instructors, and co-workers with their requests. The working environment at ABM College is very friendly and people are approachable. Overall, I am very satisfied working at ABM College.
Pros
Advancement within the company
Cons
Some employees are paid via cheques only
Seeing the company grow has been awesome, but I’ve also seen myself grow since I’ve been here—whether by learning or expanding within my role.If you are looking to grow in your career, this is the place you should be. The co-workers are so invested in helping you progress. You will have an amazing career filled with tons of growth, endless learning experiences. One of the best reasons to work for ABM College is that you’re not pigeonholed to one role.
A fun place with great energy with amazing coworkers. upper management can be stressful sometime. Free lunch on fridays with employee of the week. Good prospect for the future.
Pros
free lunch, employee recognition, friendly coworkers
Cons
long hours, some micro-management
I enjoy a challenge. This job pushes me to grow and develop skills and encourage to exceed the goals I set each day. It also allows me to develop new skills and take on different responsibilities.
Pros
The job challenges me to develop new skills.
Cons
With deadlines sometimes hard to balance work and life.
Most of the people that work here are great and fun, easy to work with, which makes this a fun place to work. It's a busy place and there are lots of challenges to tackle, which offers a good opportunity to grow, learn new skills, and advance my career. Some of the people who work here are very negative and only care about themselves, and even try and sabotage others who are actually doing good work. Overall, it's a great place to work but experiences vary greatly depending on the department.
Pros
Free lunches on fridays, lots of employee appreciation events, free coffee/tea and snacks
Cons
Non-flexible working hours, some of the people are not great to work with
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN working with team,we share fun and we enjoy working to reach our goal. enrolling 10 student in a day make us more happy and go home with the a smile in our heart
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
I've been able to learn a lot while working at ABM College. I've found that a lot of the things I need to accomplish are learn as you go. I've learned a great deal about how to Manage others and how to communicate well. My work days are typically flexible, however I feel I need more support from Management most of the time. I do enjoy the friendly staff and the freedom that I have to do my job well.
Pros
Friendly staff, Free lunches
Cons
Inconsistent with direction
ABM college provides a dynamic work environment to develop new skills. Employee ideas and suggestions are considered and valued. Hard work is rewarded through such events as free lunches on Fridays and employee of the week recognition. Staff members are friendly and helpful. Everyone works really hard to help meet the needs of our students.
Pros
Free lunch on Friday
Cons
ABM is a good place to work. You have a supportive team of coworkers who are more than willing to help you grow in your field. The work culture, in general, is friendly and comfortable.
I enjoy working here, all of my coworkers are knowledgeable and friendly individuals who help me build upon my strengths. I feel like I am constantly learning and evolving in my career in an environment that fosters my growth. It feels like I finally have a work family.
I enjoy working at ABM College because...
the staff are friendly and helpful,

the work is interesting, and

the opportunity to present my ideas is appreciated
ABM College is a great place to work, the environment is very friendly and collaborative.
There is great communication between departments and everyone’s door is always open.
Cons
I enjoyed delivering lectures at ABM college.It was the tear I landed in Calgary,Ab.
I couldn't continue delivering & joining the team as I was working on my medical licensing exam.

I certainly will accept their offer now,if available.

Charming administration & work environment!
It is the worst place to work
With no paid overtime

With no qualify instructor and manager ignorant

Employees are feeling worse if they talk they can lose their job

No quality of education the instructors are with no qualification

The teacher's thatwas qualify president layoff or terminated during covid 10
Pros
The studennts are very friendly
Cons
The managment especially president has no organisation or leader skills
This work environment lacks any real structure, clarity, vision, or process.

Interviewed on a Tuesday, hired on a Thursday, started on the Monday and laid off two weeks later due to a lack of students in the course. There is no reason to go from desperately needing an instructor to not needing one in the span of two weeks other than gross incompetence from the management team.

Especially amusing when it was repeated during the interview that they were wanting a long term commitment from me "for the sake of the students" yet didn't see to care what the impact on students would be by removing the instructor mid-course.
Student should be looking of a college that is worth it. This school is garbage. If you came from ABM they thought you are nothing. The best teacher Shirley is no longer there long time ago, just found out lately. No point of recommending this school, the teachers who are left doesn't know how to teach.They pay them cheap so they are cheap to teach. The coordinator is a ghost and racist! Assistant Breet is brainless. The product now is garbage. don't waste your time and money if you want a better future!
You are expected to work long hours, volunteer your time, ask no questions and just teach your classes. It is a for profit college and shows. One owner that is money first followed by management then students...and students should be priority. For most part instructors are great but hardly time to know them because of the turn over rate. Secretive management.
A toxic college not to be recommended. President has no respect for all the staff. He is just interested in money, how many students were enrolled etc. Staffs in the management category has no background of management at all and that’s why it is a complete mess. They’ve lost the well experienced and good instructors, all instructors are new and has no idea what’s going on. They maybe accepted the cheap offer because they are desperate of job. Don’t waste your money, don’t waste your time. Find another school.
not a good place to work management biased to specific group of people. poor management. running purely on gaining profits. There is a lot of illicit favoritism to their own people.