ABM College Employee Reviews

Good school with good goals
Anatomy and Physiology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 September 2018
ABM is a good place to work; they do not intrude on your personal time and leave you to teach the class as you want within their desired program outcomes.
Good Work Environment
Admin (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2018
Good work environment, great coworkers, a lot to do during the day. Everyone is very thoughtful and there's always different foods to enjoy! Very cool to watch students come in not knowing what their futures hold, and then coming out 100x more confident in themselves and finding jobs that they love.
Pros
Lots of free food, friendly staff and students
Disorganized, dishonest, and ineffective
Instructor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2017
This company is geared to get as many paying students as they can, but once they are there, the commitment to providing a quality education is not! The president is only interested in taking as much money as he can for his own personal use, leaving nothing left to run the programs, but then asking every monthly staff meeting "What do we need to do to be great?" Students are being used to make up the difference, being told that they need to work as part of their "training", when, really, it's so that they don't have to pay an instructor! Staff are expected to go above and beyond, with insults instead of recognition.

The accountant is surly and disrespectful (and you always have to watch your pay cheque to make sure it's accurate), however, the other staff members are typically kind-hearted and fun. Some members of management are great, but others seem to have no idea what they are doing.
Pros
Most staff and students are fun and caring
Cons
Less than mediocre program, lack of recognition, long hours
Worst place I've ever worked
Massage Therapy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2017
This is by far the worst place that I have ever worked. They are unorganized, disrespectful, unethical and have no idea what they are doing. The owner is only interested in making money and nothing else. Management is disrespectful and condescending. Nothi
Pros
Cons
Low pay, Management disrespectful, unorganized, unethical
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
ABM college is a great place to work as I have learned a lot to improve my career path from the marketing team and other staff. I enjoy working here.
Pros
Helpful management and staff
Work place fun
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2017
Being with ABM college is wonderful and I enjoy every moment of working with this institution. Coworkers and management are very supportive and cooperative.
Pros
work satisfaction
Good work place
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
At ABM I am a part of marketing team. My work environment is well arranged and my coworkers are friendly. I became more confident with my work experience here.
Pros
A good place to learn a lot
A Friendly Work Place
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
A good place to work at, friendly co-workers, effective management, like-to-work environment, multicultural atmosphere, enthusiastic students, proud to be involved with ABM college.
College focused on Student Careers
Student Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2017
I have been with ABM College for 5 years. The College progressed with leaps and bonds due to Student focused environment. Constant learning and improving. The most enjoyable part is the success of a student . A typical day ranges from a very a happy and satisfying day to not much accomplished.
The co workers are great, love to see them every day.
Pros
Great Students and Team
Amazing co-workers
Career Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2017
A typical day at work is the responsibility of determining whether graduates are a suitable fit for hiring organizations and providing counseling services to increase marketability for job openings

For just 3 weeks working at ABM College I can say i have the best co-workers ever. They support each other which is what matters most to me in any company.

I get to learn a lot everyday as there is every support needed for self development

The hardest part of the job is getting students employed.
Pros
Everyone puts on a smile
Cons
Low pay
Amazing coworkers
Career Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2017

For just 3 weeks working at ABM College I can say i have the best coworkers ever. They support each other which is what matters most to me in any company..

The hardest part of the job is getting students employed especially.
New Immigrants be wary!!!!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2016
This College's practices are a "bad" example of what Canadian culture stands for! Please check out all of your options when choosing a College and if you feel rushed or pressured, bide your time!
The president is more concerned with having his picture taken with all of the students and telling them to refer their friends than running an honest business.
If people feel compelled to write reviews like this, you know there is much more to say and much more going on behind the scenes.
Shame, shame, shame on them and for representing the Canadian Education system this way.
Pros
Cons
Great students with dreams of a better life
Fun work place
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 December 2016
Flexible, multicultural and friendly work environment. I really enjoy working at the ABM College. A lot of people from different countries are working together here. Peaceful interactive situation in the office. Free coffee available all the time for staff and students. Students really love this school. Every month students have an award day, where best students are recognised.
Pros
Regular monthly party.
Cons
Worst work environment I've ever experienced.
Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2016
It begins with the President who has a difficult time staying focused on a strategy for projects or his business entirely. Comes into your office and asks what you are doing at least 3 times per day. Wants a daily report as well. Has employee phone conversations recorded and plays them to other employees. No waivers signed to allow for that and the potential students have no idea their privacy is being invaded.
Many people who work there put in long hours without getting paid for it. Students are being brought in to take the entry exam (which they have to pay for), they don't pass it due to extreme language barrier, but the college wants the money.
That's just what has been witnessed.

There is no paperwork signed, no policies and procedures etc.
Some colleagues were great but all were afraid of getting fired.
Pros
Some colleagues and students were awesome
Cons
everything else......run to the hills if this college calls you for anything.
Student Coordinator
Student Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2016
ABM College is a great place to work in – the work environment is both positive and inviting. ABM College cultivates an environment where respect and dignity is given to all the employees. ABM College makes us feel that our jobs are important, as we are helping shape the future of the youth of Canada.

It makes me proud that I am working for a company that assists people in building stable careers, while providing them with an opportunity to obtain a post-secondary post education.
Pros
Learning curve is always upward
Cons
Student comes first!
Instructor Position Review
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2016
As a instructor I like working at Abm college. Their admin/receptionist are very friendly and always ready to help. Abm college works as a team and that is why they have come along so far. I m pleased to be a part of this amazing college.
Pros
-Helpful team -Great communication between team
Awesome place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2016
ABM College is a great place to work. The atmosphere is relaxed and the people I work with are always willing to help. I have made new friends with my co-workers, which is a bonus. I work with a flexible schedule which allows me to have a rewarding career and raise a family at the same time. I am thankful for the opportunity to work at ABM and meet all the amazing students.

I will recommend this college to anyone who wants to invest in their education and future.
Pros
Free lunches, good hours
Cons
Needs improvement on communication
Fun place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2016
I have been working for ABM College for almost 3 years now. I like coming to work and seeing the students and seeing them advance in the program they are taking. It a great place too work if you know what your doing and get along with everyone. The things I would say that are amazing is that everyone gets along and it makes for a good work environment.
Pros
Fun-Laughter-Lunches
Excellent place for job with friendly working environment.
Students financial Advisor & CPR Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2016
ABM College is a nice place for job. It has friendly environment for students and staff. The co-workers are cooperative and courteous. The instructors are well-qualified and committed for their job. Everyone here is always available for helping the students to solve their genuine problems. The students at ABM college are lucky to have their practicums arranged by the college and assistance in getting the jobs. The flexible working hours help to adjust the schedule according to availability. The college administration is always open to feedback and suggestions for improvement.The progress of the college is an indicator of its favorable work and education environment.Sometimes, there is more workload, but that is shed by cooperation of the staff.
Pros
Friendly environment
Disrespectful of Canadian laws and dishonest with students
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2016
It was mentioned previously that this company does not adhere to the Canadian Laws with employees and students. There was a lot of dishonest conduct, students promised placements for clinical practice and then told to find their own... No organization, just a money grab from New Canadians, and dishonesty at its finest. It was hard to watch students who wanted something more find themselves now owning a student loan for a career that they may or may not have been properly trained for. English was not the first language spoken at the college, so many things got blamed on translation. Staff are treated very poorly and not paid according to the level of education nor experience. No trust in the staff.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Poor communication, organization, wages