ABL Employment Inc

ABL Employment Inc Pay & benefits reviews

Canada95 reviews
This was my first job and gave me a good look at what the workforce was going to be like. I was only a temporary worker so you get moved around a lot to wherever there is work available. You will go to some nice places for a while but have to be flexible with your hours and be able to travel wherever they send you
il y a des jour ou la responsable était parfois peu courtois
Cons
travaille plus important que le salaire
Iv worked with abl Employment for two years and many times they have had no work and have left me with no job and no money to pay my bills or rent fk em
I love working with this company because they try to componsate your work schedule around your life, and have many different jobs available, so if you like different temp jobs or full time to permanent jobs this is a highly recommended agency
Pros
Lots
Cons
Long hours, physically demanding
I worked with ABL for about 3 months
Everyone was welcoming and a learned a lot from them. The clients wanted someone that knew what they were doing. If the worker was dependable, the employer was happy, and your next assignment should be a good one.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Temporary
ABL has been home for several years now, and the management and culture are second to none! With a wonderful training regimen, great benefits, and a supportive, caring culture, this company is a wonderful place to work!

Working in the staffing industry is challenging. People are unpredictable, and each has their own motivations. ABL trains its employees to accept and embrace those challenges, and use them for the betterment of their customers, and employees. With a focus on personal development and growth, and the idea that there's no mistake to large to fix, this is an excellent company for both those new to the staffing industry, and those continuing their career in the staffing and recruitment industry.
Pros
Excellent compensation, great management and coworkers
Cons
Lots of independent work - not the best environment for people who thrive on teamwork
i liked working with the staff, they have many opportunities there for many kinds of different work, glad to have worked for them and the staff is very friendly
Pros
great staff
Cons
no benefits
I felt like I was used as cheap labour. They had no interest in hiring me. They agreed that when my training was over I could start there full time. I was not hired.
Pros
Cons
I was cheap labour
My time spent here was a fun experience. The work hours were nice, though the locations were a bit out of my way. Not a big issue since the pay was somewhat decent. The management was friendly and very understanding to situations. When Christmas season comes all work for this company seems to halt all together. Overall my experience here was a positive one.
Pros
good management
Cons
pay was always sub par
Good company to work for. Enjoyed my time there. Good co-workers and working environment. Pay was fair for work done. Flexible schedule. Would work there again.
Very poor pay for what we do. Job management is very unorganized and cheap. They try to take your money anyway possible. Some people on work there twice a month
Good company for work while having a child due to the flexibility and placement in many positions. Child is past 3 years old now so looking for more full time consistent work whet i can utilize all my skill and abilities
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Low or at par pay
It is a very nice place to work for. I worked for them well in school and on summer break.
The salary for some of the work is low, but it is a Temp Agency and if you think of it like that its not bad (not a salary you could make a life on, but will help in hard times)
Job Security also goes with my last paragraph. It is a temp agency, they wont always have work. I did rate them 5* here because when one job is done they try as hard as possible to get you another and keep you working.
Management. I gave them 4* here because a few times they have got my shifts mixed up. Asked me to show up at one time and the job didn't start for another 3 hours. Also advised them I was going on vacation and got a call almost everyday sometimes multiple times. They also apparently booked me in for a few shifts well I was away.

Overall I give them a 5* rating as a few mix ups here and there will happen anywhere.
When the hours are available, its good. Decent hours depending on the job, lots of breaks when needed. Good way to get experience in multiple areas of a company. Down side would be when there's not enough jobs available. Doesn't usually last for to long though, usually picks up pretty fast.
Pros
Opportunity to develop experience in multiple areas
Cons
Lack of jobs available
I was placed in a factory/warehouse placement. At ABL staff were wonderful and pleasant to deal with. I recommend them.

As for my placement well a typical shift did not feel like one coworkers everyone of them amazingly were great to work along side.

Very understanding company compassionate as well. I would have to say ABL does their homework when it comes to who they partner with. This is my experience with ABL and my last placement. Going back to Them for more employment. And no my placement did not end. I had to leave for family illness.
Pros
Lenient tolerant and dedicated. Quick setup of placement. Steady work
Cons
No benefits unless you get hired on, So no more cons
low pay long hours mandatory overtime and NO job security

worked at various automotive plants around Ingersoll Tillsonburg and Woodstock.
Work for ABL if you're desperate for money in the short term. Most of their Hamilton placements are horrible and only pay minimum wage. The good thing about this place is that they will call you with some kind of job to do.
Pros
you'll get a job
Cons
everything else
once you find a good place to work at they'll secure it for you and you can continue there.
Pros
good hours
Cons
hard work
Awesome co-workers, and management. Miss them dearly.
Pros - people/always work to do to keep busy/decent benefits/staff appreciation days were a lot of fun/open door policy for the most part
Cons -
low salary

took work home a lot

a lot of over time during busy times

sometimes certain co-workers would drop the ball...a lot...and you would be left to pick up the slack but no one noticed and it never got you anywhere but more work load

Sometimes it felt like they wanted to look the other way with certain staff situations because they had no one else to fill the gap this was frustrating

at the end of it people were put into roles in my opinion,other staffs opinions, and temp workers opinions they should not have been in for lack of anyone else to take that role. They were not ready for the positions and would pass the buck a lot to the people they managed (which made a handful of newer staff quit without notice). Which in turn ended up making staff and temps dislike them which was not fair to them or anyone else.

What can I say it was like family :) some days you loved them some days..... ;) All in all great experience and came away from it with new knowledge and some great friends. Wish them all the best.

Word of advice - Up the salary it will help and truly recognize the talent that is there, that has stayed. You all got where you are by hard work yourselves and your staffs hard work and they deserve to feel appreciated daily. Not left feeling like there is another 10 people you can employ to take their spot on a moments notice.
Pros
Staff appreciation days, co-workers, bonuses, benefits, weekly pay, close knit family
Cons
low pay, office politics
good short term, work flexible hours. Dofasco Mill clean up crew
Pros
good management
Cons
long hours, minimum wage
- Was often required to work several nights in a row, with no chance of shift rotations.
- Co-workers seemed distant and uninterested

- Still only received minimum wage (with night shift premium)
Cons
Long Hours