ABL Employment Inc Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Recruiter/ Staffing (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 July 2018
The management is very nice and balanced. Good work/life balance, great work culture. You get to meet exciting people working for this company. They are also very dedicated for their employees to have A Better Life
Great Place to work
Co-operative Education Student (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON21 June 2018
Welcoming environment. Everyone is so nice. Staff is always helpful to help you find the right job. They get to know people to match them to the best job.
Great staff, extremely helpful and diligent!
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 May 2018
I've been with ABL since December 2017. They have been a super agency through which to work. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff; no complaints whatsoever about work assignment at all. Highly recommend!
Pros
Able to find work last minute, work with great employers
They were very helpful in helping me find a job.
Production Labourer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ON15 May 2018
They help people find jobs they are qualified for. They were very courteous and knowledgeable. They sent me to factory’s that I enjoyed. They are one of the better hiring agency’s to work for I’ve learned.
Awesome management team who will help you grow professionally and personally!
Client Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterdown, ON7 May 2018
ABL has been home for several years now, and the management and culture are second to none! With a wonderful training regimen, great benefits, and a supportive, caring culture, this company is a wonderful place to work!

Working in the staffing industry is challenging. People are unpredictable, and each has their own motivations. ABL trains its employees to accept and embrace those challenges, and use them for the betterment of their customers, and employees. With a focus on personal development and growth, and the idea that there's no mistake to large to fix, this is an excellent company for both those new to the staffing industry, and those continuing their career in the staffing and recruitment industry.
Pros
Excellent compensation, great management and coworkers
Cons
Lots of independent work - not the best environment for people who thrive on teamwork
great staff
Head Accounting Office (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, ON2 March 2018
i liked working with the staff, they have many opportunities there for many kinds of different work, glad to have worked for them and the staff is very friendly
Pros
great staff
Cons
no benefits
It was a employment agency
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Shoppers World Brampton23 February 2018
I felt like I was used as cheap labour. They had no interest in hiring me. They agreed that when my training was over I could start there full time. I was not hired.
Pros
Cons
I was cheap labour
Just a another below average employment agency
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 February 2018
They treat their customers poorly , as well as their employees.
They are not a serious company , and they will screw you over in no time . They don't report to your supervisor about you , and to be more specific , anytime you feel sick or can't come to work your supposed to let them know and then they will inform your supervisor about it , but in real life they never do and they leave their own customers hanging , there is no such thing as communication in this company . But at the end of the day you can't expect an employment agency to have standards. If you do want to work for them be very careful.
Great company
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON7 February 2018
Used them a lot in the past. They treat you well and always find you work in your area. They are always there when you need them. They have always been able to help me with any questions I've ever had. One of the best temp agencies out there as far as I'm concerned.
Still employed by ABL & United Cleaning
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON6 February 2018
I enjoy working for ABL Employment where I inspect auto parts & mark them for quality. At United Cleaning I dust, mop and clean surfaces. The people are very friendly. Having to work two jobs is very tiring. Having fun with the workers.
Pros
Meeting people and finishing work to the best of my ability
Cons
Working two jobs
Work culture and safety at work
Janitor (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 January 2018
The workplace culture is the equality and respectful. Everyday I learned more about that this is the most important value.

I like the culture for first my safe in the work, they promoted that everyday.
Pros
They paid the breacks
Cons
Rotation
Crumby place to work, they only care about themselves
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC30 January 2018
These products pretend like they care but really just want money all they want is more money they'll fire you even if you were 1000% reliable, I put in so much work for these snakes and they just spit me out
Pros
Zero
Cons
Waste of your time
Great place to get temporary work
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 January 2018
I enjoyed working with this company and they were quick to find us work with good companies. Would definitely work with them again.They were very good with communication too.
Pros
Lots of work
Learning experience.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 January 2018
I had a lot of fun working with this company. I learned a lot on how to work as a team member and made a lot of friends with the people I was working with. Met a lot of great faces.
not a great place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 January 2018
they weren't organized, messed up peoples hours. After a certain number of hours worked, they stop giving you shifts. They would call you for work, and then call back and cancel your shift.
My favorite work place
Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON5 December 2017
I loved working for ABL at Cargojet. It was quite literally my favorite job yet and i hope to go back. The lead hands were great. The pay was great and the hours fit my life!!!
Pros
close to home
Cons
none really
Very understanding management
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC15 November 2017
My time spent here was a fun experience. The work hours were nice, though the locations were a bit out of my way. Not a big issue since the pay was somewhat decent. The management was friendly and very understanding to situations. When Christmas season comes all work for this company seems to halt all together. Overall my experience here was a positive one.
Pros
good management
Cons
pay was always sub par
Fence Sitter
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON2 October 2017
Some days were good, others bad. The bad definitely outweighed the good. They are not as "pro-employee" as they claim to be, which is sad. The management/CEO could take a course or two in how to effectively manage people.
Used to be good.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton and surrounding area26 September 2017
Been using this temp company for years on and off. It has gotten worse. Back when it was starting and the owner was still around the company seemed to run well. The pay has never been great but its ok if you need extra cash. I've had better results with their Burlington location. I don't know what happened to their Hamilton location. You go in and no one seems really happy that works there. You get a "we will call you if something comes up". Which is always something last minute so your essentially on call. If you apply online giving all your info your still forced to call them. The Hamilton location never seems to read their emails. And should you call no one seems to answer the phone. So then it becomes a game of phone tag and normally its you always calling them. I had friend go down to fill out some paper work and when I knew he was in the office I called ABL Hamilton and
I ended up getting a machine and yet my friend said the women there could of answered but just sat talking to each other. Not very professional if you ask me.

Aside from that should one get a job its usually minimum wage and only goes up a little bit if you have to go further then 20kms. Most jobs are ones no one really wants, dirty, dusty, heavy lifting, outside, loud environment type jobs. Don't get your hopes up on being hired, most of the time your just hired to help with a big order or busy season and once thats done you will be let go before your "probation" ends. And said company will after a couple weeks get someone else.

As I said this company used to be good, I think their Hamilton location
  more... needs to be in house cleaned and hire some positive, motivated people to work their. They also need to pay better and find better companies for people to work for, Preferably companies with honest positive reviews that actually care about their employees!  less
Pros
Burlington office is the place to go.
Cons
low wage, poor treatment as a temp, work environment not suitable for most ppl, Will send you random texts for any job.
Fun, Calm & Clean
Cleaner/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 September 2017
Very enjoyable job, I've got to experience a lot of new things. Do different things. It is a temp agency so I experience a lot of different work places and meet a lot of new people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABL Employment Inc. Our community is ready to answer.