Abilities Neurological Rehabilitation

Abilities Neurological Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Abilities neurological rehabilitation

Love working with such a knowledgeable supportive team. Would have stayed however due to financial reasons I had to find employment which was consistant.

Pros

Always learning something new.

Cons

Income was not steady.

Below-average pay, no communication between levels of the company

The therapists, other RAs, and admin team that worked in my clinic were wonderful, and it was great working with them everyday. But there was no communication between the upper management team and the RAs. On-boarding was very brief and uninformative. They would take breaks out of our timesheet even if we didn't actually get a break. Schedules were inconsistent and sometimes spaced out with long, unpaid breaks. They expected RAs to do the housekeeping chores around the clinic, attend meetings, development reviews, and more without pay. On top of that, the wage for RAs is significantly below industry standard.

Pros

great people (clients and colleagues)

Cons

low pay, management seems disconnected from clinical staff

Typical Clinic with great staff and clients

Providing support services and assistance to licensed therapy staff at MMP Sports Medicine. Assists therapists in organizing treatments and daily activities for patients; setting up equipment, and a variety of administrative duties.

Dynamic, fun and supportive workplace!

Working at Abilities has been a blast. I began working while I was a university student and they offered me the training and flexibility that I needed to find success at work and at school. The team in Chilliwack is so welcoming and friendly. Everyone gets along so well and are so supportive of one another. Support staff is super helpful and accommodating. There is a focus on finding the caseload that works for you individually, and they are always there when you need anything. The clients and their families are awesome. Client needs are definitely very dynamic and there can be a big learning curve, but it is super fun and very rewarding when you see improvements.

Pros

Great atmosphere, flexibility and support

Cons

Some clients can be draining so days can become very tiring

Amazing People & Great Work Place

I always enjoy coming to work at Abilities. My co-workers and managers are always there to help me through the challenges and to celebrate the successes, both professionally and personally. I was given the chance & support to develop my skills, and the autonomy to make the job my own. I really like that each persons unique skills are recognized and developed.

Pros

Staff lunches, Team Collaboration, Good Work/Life Balance

Creative and caring team

Everyone here is very self motivated, and keen to continuously learn. Their enthusiasm and care for their work and our clients inspires me day to day, and helps me with a growth mindset as well. Everyone works together to find solutions. There is a respect for diversity and quality of work. I appreciate the flexibility and how the team really listens to each other. I also value the chance to support my clients in longer term goals.

Pros

Supportive and capable team. Flexibility.

Cons

Caseloads may fluctuate, as in any private practice, but the team supports me to create and maintain the caseload that works for me.

A family-oriented one-stop rehab

Working at Abilities has been fun! From the CEO who takes the heat off of staff to the very supportive admin who relentlessly tries to make our work load stress-free as much as possible. Not to mention the great assistance of RAs. Its a collaborate work with other disciplines in the clinic and the community. The education fund gives opportunities for professional development. The flexible schedule helps me optimize different aspects of life. What more can you ask for.

Cons

Some days can be draining when packed with behavior clients, but admin helps to make it more manageable

Fun workplace with variety of clients in neurological rehabilitation/therapy

Working at Abilities has been my favourite workplace and practice area that I've had the privilege to work in thus far on my journey in Occupational Therapy. The clients and families are fun and amazing to work with, the clinics support inter-professionalism and collaboration, and both management and admin have supported me through problem solving and managing a busy caseload and work schedule. The biggest bonus is having experienced and solid rehabilitation assistant staff in both Chilliwack and Abbotsford that support me as a clinician. I love working at Abilities and working in paediatric rehab!

Pros

Flexible caseload as to what you want/need as a therapist, Exposure to variety of clients/ diagnoses

Cons

Long hours (Learning curve of pediatrics, government systems, paperwork, report writing, prep, programming, etc.

Great workplace and co-workers!

Working at Abilities has been a great experience. I love being able to collaborate with other professionals in different fields. It's great to be able to ask questions and get valuable input from my co-workers. I was given the opportunity to build the caseload I wanted, and I have felt very supported since I started. It's been great to have freedom and flexibility over my schedule. The work environment has been great and I'm glad I've had the opportunity to work here!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abilities Neurological Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4