Abercrombie & Fitch
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from Abercrombie & Fitch:

Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

Canada98 reviews
A place to work if you want a flexible work and school schedule
working at Abercrombie was a great experiemcing working with various personality types and meeting customers who visited the store from many part of the world.
Everyday was a new learning experience.
Friendly Environment
Great place for retail. If you are a student and looking into gain some reatil experience, Abercrombie & Fitch is a great match for any student. Definitely worth looking into!
Team Working Workplace
Management is friendly and co-operate. Co-workers are friendly and pleasant to work with. Overall, workplace is fast-paced but calm due to the support of co-workers.
Overall satisfied
You’ll learn everything as the day goes by. Management is good and co-workers are very friendly. It was my first job here in Canada last Sept 2018 and still working on the same company.
Weird
This store specifically isn't great. Hours are absolute trash. I was rarely scheduled to work. Some of the managers are cool but some aren't. I was a seasonal hire and was told the team would keep me after the holidays but they didn't tell me until I called them myself that they weren't scheduling me anymore. I guess it's an okay job if you're in high school or you don't have the best hours but for me it wasn't great. There were a lot of things I wasn't trained on or if they did train me it was really quick and I didn't get a chance to practice. It was just a very strange place to work.
Fun
Nice & Fun Job; not a dull moment; they have fun customers and good clothes, with extremely beauty girls. I was always energetic due to those beautiful girls :)
a decent start, but not worth it long term
A typical day at work was generally slow unless there was a lot to do and not too many people working. Hours weren't consistent with other roles, but you got to pick your own schedule and hours which was very nice and relaxed. A lot of people worked other jobs as the hours just weren't enough to get by. It wasn't worth it long term. The work culture was essentially non-existent. Managers changed so much and so did employees. The most enjoyable thing was when it got busy and fast paced and there was a lot to do.
Company plays favourites and the hours are minimal
This company is a good company to work for the get retail experience. It’s a nice clean store to work at but I’d say it’s a place to work if you want to add experience to your resume.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Abercrombie & Fitch?
Good and friendly staff!
Although the work environment was rather small and crampt (not recommended for a claustrophic person), the people were nice and you will meet many different personalities
Empresa agradável
ótima experiencia trabalhar para a empresa, equipe amigável
Productive but staff not understanding
Loved working here but management was not the best to say. Needed longer shifts than 4 hours. Associates were not as important as mangers in the work place which caused tension.
Pros
being with friends
Cons
managers
Fun Team
Working at Abercrombie was really fun. The reason why, is because everyone, including the managers were always so friendly and in a good mood. It always made me feel at home.
Overall, a good workplace
Overall, Abercrombie is a good place to work with good benefits and a good salary but the HR department is not very accommodating if you want to switch departments and start working in another area.
Productive overnight shift
It was a good environment to work overnight, no pressure as long as job was completed on time. Quiet working system and able to listen to music while working
Pros
Solo work
Cons
High workload
fun
fun place to work. work with outgoing people. teaches a lot about leadership and sales. work long hours if you're a good employee. fiewfh fnewfnew wefewf
When working at Abercrombie you have to be prepared to stay late due to reruns from customers and once received at the end of the day you have to put everything back out on the floor in it’s appropriate place. During spring, summer, and fall hours a good and there is always work however once December and January come around hours are cut due to constant returns from Christmas and the company has to cut hours which makes it a bit of a struggle
Pros
50% of items
Cons
Losing hours over winter months
Great part time opportunity
Although I think they have changed many of their ways since I last worked there (so I don't think what I'm writing applies anymore), it was a pretty cool place to work.

I was a part time employee here, yet they always had hours available for me to work. The down side was that we had to be clean shaved all the time, we had to buy our outfits every few months, from the latest line of clothing, we could only wear chucks or flip flops, and everything had to be folded with a board and size stickered manually. Again, that was back in the day, I'm pretty sure they fixed that.

The worst things were call in shifts. I'm not sure if they still have those, basically, they would schedule you as a "maybe" to work, and you would have to call in a few hours before your shift to see if they needed you. You couldn't make any plans because what if you had to work, yet if they don't need you, it may be too late to make any other plans. Essentially, it resulted in a wasted day half the time.
Pros
Great part time opportunity, easy to move up
Cons
Call ins, strict image policy
Great Atmosphere
A great place to work to get your foot into the high-paced retail environment. Great company, great products, great employees, and great customers.

Very understanding and flexible. Many employees are able to schedule around various responsibilities, and still thrive in the work place.
Taught me so much
My time at Abercrombie & Fitch taught me so much besides regular duties. Due to my experience there it gave readied me other forms of work besides retail.
very up beat and fun work environment
your coworkers will become more like your family and your work will become a place where you look forward to being. The management team was very generous and flexible always willing to teach you things you are unsure about an help out when necessary.
didn't last long
flexible hours although shifts were only 4 hours long and if you're lucky you get 6 hours. did not receive proper training as a new employee and management is very poor. most of the employees that work here does not speak much English due to the fact that they hire international students.
Pros
decent discount
Cons
short shifts, minimum wage, poor management