Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

Found 84 reviews matching the search See all 4,168 reviews
fun
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2019
fun place to work. work with outgoing people. teaches a lot about leadership and sales. work long hours if you're a good employee. fiewfh fnewfnew wefewf
Great part time opportunity
Impact (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2018
Although I think they have changed many of their ways since I last worked there (so I don't think what I'm writing applies anymore), it was a pretty cool place to work.

I was a part time employee here, yet they always had hours available for me to work. The down side was that we had to be clean shaved all the time, we had to buy our outfits every few months, from the latest line of clothing, we could only wear chucks or flip flops, and everything had to be folded with a board and size stickered manually. Again, that was back in the day, I'm pretty sure they fixed that.

The worst things were call in shifts. I'm not sure if they still have those, basically, they would schedule you as a "maybe" to work, and you would have to call in a few hours before your shift to see if they needed you. You couldn't make any plans because what if you had to work, yet if they don't need you, it may be too late to make any other plans. Essentially, it resulted in a wasted day half the time.
Pros
Great part time opportunity, easy to move up
Cons
Call ins, strict image policy
Great Atmosphere
Stock & Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2018
A great place to work to get your foot into the high-paced retail environment. Great company, great products, great employees, and great customers.

Very understanding and flexible. Many employees are able to schedule around various responsibilities, and still thrive in the work place.
Taught me so much
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Finch, ON15 October 2018
My time at Abercrombie & Fitch taught me so much besides regular duties. Due to my experience there it gave readied me other forms of work besides retail.
very up beat and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 October 2018
your coworkers will become more like your family and your work will become a place where you look forward to being. The management team was very generous and flexible always willing to teach you things you are unsure about an help out when necessary.
didn't last long
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 October 2018
flexible hours although shifts were only 4 hours long and if you're lucky you get 6 hours. did not receive proper training as a new employee and management is very poor. most of the employees that work here does not speak much English due to the fact that they hire international students.
Pros
decent discount
Cons
short shifts, minimum wage, poor management
Great products, unprofessional staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
Very little room to advance once you reach the management stage. Be prepared to deal with immature kids who are only here because their parents force them to be. Expect drama and petty fights over everything.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2018
A good first job or job for those looking to understand the retail side of working. Training is thorough. Shifts are generally spent with friends and are laid back.
Great Company to work in
PART-TIME WORK EXPERIENCES (Former Employee) –  London12 September 2018
Awesome atmosphere with a great people. Excellent company to work in, with plenty time to work per week and flexible schedules to be involve with the company.
Pros
amount of hours
Cons
nightshift
Un lugar divertido pero Exahusto
Stock Manager (Medio tiempo) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta10 September 2018
La empresa Americana de tienda Retail mejor conocida como AnF.Es el lugar, donde muchos adolescentes y jovenes adultos consiguen sus primero empleos. La diversidad cultural en un país como Canadá se ve reflejada de manera impresionante.

Consguir un trabajo en este lugar depende mucho de tu actitud de servicio y personalidad enfocada a la misma. Habilidades como la tolerancia, paciencia, honestidad, disponibilidad y puntualidad son indicadores constantes de crecimiento.

Conocerás a muchas personas sin importar que estes trabajando en almacen o embarques. Tarde o temprano, tendras que salir al piso de tienda.

Es ideal, para quienes buscan un Part Time. Como jornada completa, si es demandante y tus horarios cambiaran, de acuerdo a la creación de horarios y disponibilidad de los demas managers. Tienen buenas prestaciones y hacer una carrera como reubicarte forman parte de la cultura de la empresa.
Pros
Puedes ajustar el trabajo a tus horarios
Cons
Al ser Retail las horas de salidas son muy tardes o la entrada muy temprano, Puede interferir con tus otros empleos si es un Part Time. De ser Full Time, lidiar con la indisposición de algunos empleados
This is a company for High School students
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2018
This company essentially involves around a high and fire basis. If the managers are fond of you, they train you in every aspect of the store. If they do not seem to like you, they take very long to train you or they simply give off negative attitude, which ultimately pushes oneself to quit.
Pros
50% Merchandise Discount
Cons
Management and Associate Care
do not like their staff policy
Customer service and Impact (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 July 2018
worse policy: I was forced by the company to buy A&F triple A cloth( their top advertising line)every month. feel like i just got my paycheque and give it back to the company
Cons
low salary
flexible, respectful and fun environment
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto eaton centre10 June 2018
overall a place that is accommodating to a large mass of employees. Highly organized and task oriented job description with simple guidelines that are provided to ensure both customer satisfaction and employee ease.

only concern is sometimes the management takes advantage of their position is allocating responsibilities amongst employees unfairly.
Fun place to work
Brand Representative - Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2018
Can be tedious, however co-workers are young and friendly. Great place to gain experience in customer service and great opportunities to move up as long as you work hard.
Pros
Co-workers, flexible hours
Cons
Redundant
summary
Stock and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2018
The hours are decent. i learned retail skills here such as stock, sales. workplace culture is fun. I hardest part of the job are early morning shifts.
seasonal
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 April 2018
Just a seasonal associate, but i barely got hours as there were so many seasonal associates, I had no idea I'd be working less than 10 hours a week, sometimes even less.
Pros
seasonal position is great for students
Cons
not enough hours
Great part-time job
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
Abercrombie has very flexible hours. The most valuable thing i learned was communication skills.
The managers were helpful and flexible on working times.
Fun, Friendly, Diverse Environment
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
A typical day at work consists of building customer relationships, working with interesting/friendly people, greeting and assisting customers, cash-register operations, cleaning store at the end of the night. Workplace culture has changed a bit over the years and its become a more inclusive environment. It is a fun, easy-going work place and most people are friendly, interesting people to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new employees and making friends at work. The hardest part was when store drama arises, whether it's with customers and employees, or drama between other employees.
Pros
Meeting new people, very flexible work hours &breaks.
Cons
Drama within the store
Fun workplace under a diversity culture
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2018
It was a great place to work at with lots of different faces from all over the world. The diversity culture of the company helped to build up my confident in expressing my thoughts in front of groups. Working together as a team with 200+ associates was the most enjoyable part of the job while unstable working schedules was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Diversity culture
Cons
Unstable working schedules
Okay place to work at
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2018
The job was tedious as all clothing store jobs are. Place was majorly dominated by older associates which was a drawback. 50% off on the clothes was a great incentive.

overall, it was an average experience.
Cons
Short shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abercrombie & Fitch. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K