Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

do not like their staff policy
Customer service and Impact (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 July 2018
worse policy: I was forced by the company to buy A&F triple A cloth( their top advertising line)every month. feel like i just got my paycheque and give it back to the company
Cons
low salary
Fun place to work
Brand Representative - Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2018
Can be tedious, however co-workers are young and friendly. Great place to gain experience in customer service and great opportunities to move up as long as you work hard.
Pros
Co-workers, flexible hours
Cons
Redundant
summary
Stock and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2018
The hours are decent. i learned retail skills here such as stock, sales. workplace culture is fun. I hardest part of the job are early morning shifts.
seasonal
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 April 2018
Just a seasonal associate, but i barely got hours as there were so many seasonal associates, I had no idea I'd be working less than 10 hours a week, sometimes even less.
Pros
seasonal position is great for students
Cons
not enough hours
Great part-time job
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
Abercrombie has very flexible hours. The most valuable thing i learned was communication skills.
The managers were helpful and flexible on working times.
Fun, Friendly, Diverse Environment
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
A typical day at work consists of building customer relationships, working with interesting/friendly people, greeting and assisting customers, cash-register operations, cleaning store at the end of the night. Workplace culture has changed a bit over the years and its become a more inclusive environment. It is a fun, easy-going work place and most people are friendly, interesting people to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new employees and making friends at work. The hardest part was when store drama arises, whether it's with customers and employees, or drama between other employees.
Pros
Meeting new people, very flexible work hours &breaks.
Cons
Drama within the store
Fun workplace under a diversity culture
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2018
It was a great place to work at with lots of different faces from all over the world. The diversity culture of the company helped to build up my confident in expressing my thoughts in front of groups. Working together as a team with 200+ associates was the most enjoyable part of the job while unstable working schedules was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Diversity culture
Cons
Unstable working schedules
Okay place to work at
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2018
The job was tedious as all clothing store jobs are. Place was majorly dominated by older associates which was a drawback. 50% off on the clothes was a great incentive.

overall, it was an average experience.
Cons
Short shifts
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2017
Everybody working there is very friendly and we help each other make a busy day go by as productive and efficient as possible, by meeting all the management targets and tasks of the day, while also having fun.
Overworked and underpaid workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 December 2017
This company was fun to work at due to the amazing team we had in the stockroom however, working there led to being overworked and underpaid. I, among others, was working 40 hours a week doing managerial work while receiving no benefits and minimum wage.
Pros
the people
Cons
bad pay, long hours, no benefits
Great flexible hours and people
Brand Represenative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2017
Working at Abercrombie was an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways. I also learned a great deal about handling customers.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
takes a great deal of self-discipline and motivation.
more work than paid for
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  199 water street9 October 2017
Management isn't great and they usually delegate all work to brand representatives. The hardest part is the fitting room and usually put in the fitting room by yourself. Typically you'll learn how to deal with a reoccurring issue more swiftly.
Pros
an hour lunch break
Cons
not enough pay, not very good management
Productive and fun workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2017
Busy workplace and enjoyable as well. Fun to work and everyone is very respectful. Great benefits as you get to buy their clothes at a discount. Mainly processed shipment, sensor clothes and pull.
nice place to work to meet new people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 July 2017
a typical day varies quite a bit but the work generally doesnt change you're standardizing greeting customers and making sure everythings done to make sure the customer enjoys their visit and the place is as nice as possible. I didn't learn too much new besides some people are easier to work with then others as i've had other retail jobs before. The management was awesome to a good extent sometimes though they seemed abnormably stubborn or would get mad at you because you were just in the wrong place at the right time. The culture is interesting if you can't stand strong cologne smells i suggest you look elsewhere. The hardest part was probably keeping an eye on all the customers to make sure nothing got stolen. The most enjoyable was probably seeing a customer walk out with a smile.
Pros
half off clothing
Cons
some customers go out of their way to make you stressed
Environnement de travail multiculturel et dynamique
Stock Manager (Current Employee) –  Brussels, ON10 July 2017
Journée dynamique dans la quelle on fait plusieurs taches varies pendant la journée en ayant un contact directe avec nos employées qui nous donne l’opportunité de créer des liens professionnelles avec les quelles on peut influencer de maniéré positive dans notre production.
A la fois on est accompagne dune bonne équipe de collaborateurs qui nous aident a gérer l'entreprise pour chercher le bien être de l'employer comme la satisfaction du consommateur.
fun workplace with great people
brand sales representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 July 2017
Being on the job was a great experience to develop social skills and improve customer service performance, it helped me to approach to people easier and it motivated me to achieve great customer service. The easiest part of the job was being on time, the hardest was endure long hours at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I helped people with their concerns and satisfied their shopping experience.
Pros
Improving social skills
Cons
Great work experience working among diverse people of different ages all very friendly.
Sales associate/Back Stock (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2017
I loved working here, going to work was exciting as the people who worked here had a great vibe and were also very easy to along with. Many were all students ranging from 17-27. working on the floor was fun as the store is usually maintained pretty well, back stock was even more fun cause you're doing your own thing, task given down my the manager to reach the goals for the day.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
no frequent shifts
This is only a side job. Full time hours only during holiday season
Brand Representative/ Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2017
Good job but really boring when it is not Christmas. Do not expect to be full time, nobody but managers are. Managers are not really strict and are reasonable.
Pros
Nice coworkers, flexible schedule, relatively easy, no upselling
Cons
Hours during off season can be rough (4-10hrs w/full availability), Wage is stuck at minimum
Average Workplace
BRAND REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2017
Majority of the coworkers that I worked with I built lasting friendships and relationships with and overall everyone got along well. What stood out and what really disappointed me about working here was the management that we had for our specific store.
Pros
Coworkers get along
Cons
Poor management and scheduling
Fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2017
Made great friends over the years. However looking back there wasn't much room to grow. Management lead by fear and intimidation rather than compassion.
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
Terrible upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abercrombie & Fitch. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K