Abell Pest Control

Route Manager12 reviews
Canada12 reviews
Featured review
Abell Pest Control selected this as a representative review
I absolutely love being a part of the Abell family. I’ve been at Abell for almost 2 years now and I can see myself here for the long run!

I work for the Fraser Valley branch in BC and my team is more than family to me. I went through a really difficult time in the past year and Abell’s support was unreal. I can’t imagine working for any other company and I’m so very proud to work for a company with such great culture that cares, values and respects employees.

The job itself can be though but it’s also easy! You have to organize your route at the beginning of every month, get up early in the morning and get work done to the best of your ability - If you’re a hard worker and good in sales this job will be a piece of cake to you.

I’m not gonna lie doing pest control will require patience. If you’re looking to do this job as a full time career then you HAVE to give it at least a year to really get to know everything.
Pros
Truck, great pay + bonus if you work hard, Amazing culture, great benefits
Cons
Dealing with unpleasant people at times
I found Abell to expect you to be Superman. You are given a huge stack of tickets to organize and get done for the month. You also have to take on residential calls and then try to be a full time salesman to meet a very lofty sales quota.Difficult for sure, that still doesn't include emergency calls and problem accounts that require service after midnight, not fun to get home at 3am
Family oriented work environment, great pay opportunities, bonuses and commissions can be quite generous. Benefits are certainly above average. Work truck,Dental, Medical etc etc. Great Team to be a part of.

Sometimes unconventional work hours are required, but you are compensated accordingly.
Abell is a great place to work. Greater Management. Very good support from other team members. I will recommend Abell Pest Control to anyone at any given time.
I really enjoyed my time with Abell. Unlike other large companies they put quality service ahead of profit. They taught me everything I know in pest control and they treat their employees with respect. If I didn't want to take some time to focus on my new daughter a few years back I would still work in the Toronto branch.
I killed bugs, mice and rats for Abell Pest Control for 13 years. The pay was good, good bonus structure. The job eventually breaks your body down, especially your knees. The freedom of the job is great and having a company vehicle was a fantastic luxury. I decided to move on from Abell and the pest control industry.
Pros
Schedule yourself. Paid for work done. Company Truck.
Cons
Can be long days and lots of "Off Hours" work.
Head down and work. Don't expect to advance. Don't expect to be treated with respect. Don't expect to have pest control be your priority. Sales is. Make no mistake. Youre a high pressure sales person first and service provider second.
The management is hopeless, under skilled and selfish.

It's toxic.

But you get a free truck and decent benifits.

If you don't care to take pride in your work and just want average pay this is for you..
Pros
Truck.
Cons
Management, environment the company as a whole
Very flexible schedule, opportunity to make excellent money in the summer. The Edmonton branch manager was one of the hardest working individuals I've ever had the opportunity to work for, a fair and understanding guy who went to bat for his employees whenever they needed it.
Very long hours on salary.
Frequently asked to cover other routes as they were understaffed.

Provided with a truck to take home and paid training.

Perks: free food from clients.
I worked for Abell for a long time. It was good in the beginning, very caring and family like. However it became much more cold and corporate more recently. Sales pressure is always present.
the workers are a great bunch of people.
Pros
Company Vehicle, benefits, .
Cons
Work environment varies by branch, Only really care about sales
was a very good work place. management only cares about the bottom line and not the employees. they will find fault in everything you do.
I didn't think I'd like Pest Control as much as I do. The company is great, gives back to it's employees a lot and it feels like a family. Some longer hours, some sales pressure, but overall fair for what they're paying us.
Pros
Work truck, company paid benefits, cellphone, flexibility
Cons
Long hours, sales
Official response from Abell Pest Control