Abell Pest Control

Abell Pest Control Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
Its a good place to work, long shift hours, but if you can plan your day and weekly schedule very well, you can have more time for yourself.
You can make extra money
Management from Branch Manager to District Manager are great people! Very faced paced environment. Hours are great! The entire office team is awesome! You make a good hourly wage plus commission. The only downside is that payday is on the 4th and 19th of every month. Excellent benefits after 6 months.
Challenging at times but rewarding. Ability to help people with their stressers (pests). Management is friendly and fair. Great spirit of co-operation between staff members.
I found Abell to expect you to be Superman. You are given a huge stack of tickets to organize and get done for the month. You also have to take on residential calls and then try to be a full time salesman to meet a very lofty sales quota.Difficult for sure, that still doesn't include emergency calls and problem accounts that require service after midnight, not fun to get home at 3am
Family oriented work environment, great pay opportunities, bonuses and commissions can be quite generous. Benefits are certainly above average. Work truck,Dental, Medical etc etc. Great Team to be a part of.

Sometimes unconventional work hours are required, but you are compensated accordingly.
Abell is a great place to work. Greater Management. Very good support from other team members. I will recommend Abell Pest Control to anyone at any given time.
As a route manager, I go out daily to provide IPM to customer accounts. It's more proactive pest control but still have many accounts where I'm dealing with reoccuring cockroaches and bed bugs. Our manager helps in trouble accounts and qa helps too. We don't see our coworkers often unless in the branch for a meeting. A good team, there is always food around. Customers contact you a lot after hours, management use to send a lot of emails after hours but it has gotten better. A stable company with a lot of perks, parties, paid events for your family (blue jays games, canadas wonderland, medieval times). I won a free trip last year for meeting targets. You can make a lot of money in this company but you need to be self motivated.
completed pest control courses and was then put on road to look after commercial accounts. Worked Monday to Friday and some weekend work if it was needed to treat businness when they are closed
I really enjoyed my time with Abell. Unlike other large companies they put quality service ahead of profit. They taught me everything I know in pest control and they treat their employees with respect. If I didn't want to take some time to focus on my new daughter a few years back I would still work in the Toronto branch.
The daily tasks of visiting customer sites and inspecting for the efficacy of current pest control management and adjustment as needed. A fairly dirty job dealing with bed bugs, Cockroaches and rodent pests are the most common within the area assigned. Though the area as intended to be the greater Lethbridge area, the true scope of the assigned territory spanned from the B.C./ AB border to the Sask/AB border and from the USA/Canada border to Claresholm. The logistics of the assigned area were the greatest obstacle.
Pros
work truck provided, professional attitude towards public
Cons
unrealistic expectations on time and travel that varied daily
I absolutely love being a part of the Abell family. I’ve been at Abell for almost 2 years now and I can see myself here for the long run!

I work for the Fraser Valley branch in BC and my team is more than family to me. I went through a really difficult time in the past year and Abell’s support was unreal. I can’t imagine working for any other company and I’m so very proud to work for a company with such great culture that cares, values and respects employees.

The job itself can be though but it’s also easy! You have to organize your route at the beginning of every month, get up early in the morning and get work done to the best of your ability - If you’re a hard worker and good in sales this job will be a piece of cake to you.

I’m not gonna lie doing pest control will require patience. If you’re looking to do this job as a full time career then you HAVE to give it at least a year to really get to know everything.
Pros
Truck, great pay + bonus if you work hard, Amazing culture, great benefits
Cons
Dealing with unpleasant people at times
I killed bugs, mice and rats for Abell Pest Control for 13 years. The pay was good, good bonus structure. The job eventually breaks your body down, especially your knees. The freedom of the job is great and having a company vehicle was a fantastic luxury. I decided to move on from Abell and the pest control industry.
Pros
Schedule yourself. Paid for work done. Company Truck.
Cons
Can be long days and lots of "Off Hours" work.
loved the job each day you wake up get in your company provided truck clock in and go do your route work servicing customers needs in along with moe protocols and laws
Pros
amazing pay
Cons
long days
This is a terrible company to work for! The management are croked amd throw their employees umder the bus every chance they get. Every office in the province is the same. Greed surpasses all for these guys. They rip off theor cuatomers and leave the guys on the front lines to take the fall. High pressure job and the first time you miss a quota they fire you! Do not work for thos company!
Pros
Cons
Management, working conditions, long hours w no compensation
Head down and work. Don't expect to advance. Don't expect to be treated with respect. Don't expect to have pest control be your priority. Sales is. Make no mistake. Youre a high pressure sales person first and service provider second.
The management is hopeless, under skilled and selfish.

It's toxic.

But you get a free truck and decent benifits.

If you don't care to take pride in your work and just want average pay this is for you..
Pros
Truck.
Cons
Management, environment the company as a whole
They treat staff poorly once your in for awhile. Constantly undermine workers and are rude. Not a healthy environment for anyone. Management will take other employees worked hours/sales and claim as their own.
Pros
none - except the guys/gals that actually go out they are great
Cons
managment is HORRIBLE
Very flexible schedule, opportunity to make excellent money in the summer. The Edmonton branch manager was one of the hardest working individuals I've ever had the opportunity to work for, a fair and understanding guy who went to bat for his employees whenever they needed it.
I went to work there twice, once over Christmas break and another time over march break. I helped out in the office doing tasks such as filing, organizing papers, photocopying cheques and emailing them to the recipients. I learned how filing cabinets are organized, and how to use the photocopying machine that automatically sends emails. avoiding paper cuts was the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable was finishing a big stack of paperwork. the workplace culture is focused and productive.
Pros
half an hour lunch
Cons
working alone
Very long hours on salary.
Frequently asked to cover other routes as they were understaffed.

Provided with a truck to take home and paid training.

Perks: free food from clients.
Its a very tight knit community. Great staff, with an even better CEO. I'm super happy with where I am working as a Tech, and lucky to have gotten a job here.
I worked for Abell for a long time. It was good in the beginning, very caring and family like. However it became much more cold and corporate more recently. Sales pressure is always present.
the workers are a great bunch of people.
Pros
Company Vehicle, benefits, .
Cons
Work environment varies by branch, Only really care about sales