Abell pest control Employee Reviews

This is where you wanna be! Amazing place to work for!
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 December 2018
I absolutely love being a part of the Abell family. I’ve been at Abell for almost 2 years now and I can see myself here for the long run!

I work for the Fraser Valley branch in BC and my team is more than family to me. I went through a really difficult time in the past year and Abell’s support was unreal. I can’t imagine working for any other company and I’m so very proud to work for a company with such great culture that cares, values and respects employees.

The job itself can be though but it’s also easy! You have to organize your route at the beginning of every month, get up early in the morning and get work done to the best of your ability - If you’re a hard worker and good in sales this job will be a piece of cake to you.

I’m not gonna lie doing pest control will require patience. If you’re looking to do this job as a full time career then you HAVE to give it at least a year to really get to know everything.
Pros
Truck, great pay + bonus if you work hard, Amazing culture, great benefits
Cons
Dealing with unpleasant people at times
Awful company that doesnt care about employees!
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario5 July 2018
This is a terrible company to work for! The management are croked amd throw their employees umder the bus every chance they get. Every office in the province is the same. Greed surpasses all for these guys. They rip off theor cuatomers and leave the guys on the front lines to take the fall. High pressure job and the first time you miss a quota they fire you! Do not work for thos company!
Pros
Cons
Management, working conditions, long hours w no compensation
Good job if you can keep your head down.
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 March 2018
Head down and work. Don't expect to advance. Don't expect to be treated with respect. Don't expect to have pest control be your priority. Sales is. Make no mistake. Youre a high pressure sales person first and service provider second.
The management is hopeless, under skilled and selfish.
It's toxic.

But you get a free truck and decent benifits.

If you don't care to take pride in your work and just want average pay this is for you..
Pros
Truck.
Cons
Management, environment the company as a whole
great place to work
existing, quote call and making sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 October 2018
loved the job each day you wake up get in your company provided truck clock in and go do your route work servicing customers needs in along with moe protocols and laws
Pros
amazing pay
Cons
long days
Overall a good company to work for. If youre not a salesperson you need not apply
route Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 March 2017
I worked for Abell for a long time. It was good in the beginning, very caring and family like. However it became much more cold and corporate more recently. Sales pressure is always present.
the workers are a great bunch of people.
Pros
Company Vehicle, benefits, .
Cons
Work environment varies by branch, Only really care about sales
Long hours, understaffed.
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2017
Very long hours on salary.
Frequently asked to cover other routes as they were understaffed.
Provided with a truck to take home and paid training.
Perks: free food from clients.
Managment rips off customers and staff
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2018
They treat staff poorly once your in for awhile. Constantly undermine workers and are rude. Not a healthy environment for anyone. Management will take other employees worked hours/sales and claim as their own.
Pros
none - except the guys/gals that actually go out they are great
Cons
managment is HORRIBLE
Found my calling
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario9 May 2016
I didn't think I'd like Pest Control as much as I do. The company is great, gives back to it's employees a lot and it feels like a family. Some longer hours, some sales pressure, but overall fair for what they're paying us.
Pros
Work truck, company paid benefits, cellphone, flexibility
Cons
Long hours, sales
Official response from Abell pest control
9 February 2017

Thanks for the review!

Regards,
Sara Cromwell
Human Resources Manager

Great company to work for
Office  (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke3 May 2013
Family owned national company that's been around since 1924. Feels nice not being a number, management actually cares about their employees.
Pros
Benefits, family day, president's club
Cons
As we grow, it's harder to get to know everyone's name
productive seasonal work at the office of abell pest control
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 June 2017
I went to work there twice, once over Christmas break and another time over march break. I helped out in the office doing tasks such as filing, organizing papers, photocopying cheques and emailing them to the recipients. I learned how filing cabinets are organized, and how to use the photocopying machine that automatically sends emails. avoiding paper cuts was the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable was finishing a big stack of paperwork. the workplace culture is focused and productive.
Pros
half an hour lunch
Cons
working alone
Work at your own pace
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 July 2017
Very flexible schedule, opportunity to make excellent money in the summer. The Edmonton branch manager was one of the hardest working individuals I've ever had the opportunity to work for, a fair and understanding guy who went to bat for his employees whenever they needed it.
Not a company to work for
Route Manager / Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2017
I have nothing good to say what management tell you at the interview is not what happens no respect what so ever over work you and abuse you pay was not what they would promise you at all.
Was a very good work place
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 March 2017
was a very good work place. management only cares about the bottom line and not the employees. they will find fault in everything you do.
Overall a really cool place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC22 April 2017
Its a very tight knit community. Great staff, with an even better CEO. I'm super happy with where I am working as a Tech, and lucky to have gotten a job here.
Good Place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingston Ontario20 April 2012
Great and fun to work but the mechanics and some customers were very rude and hard not to let my emotions get the best of me sometimes.