Abbott Laboratories Employee Reviews

Company has really changed in the last 5 years.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region, ON9 November 2015
The company has great people working there, to much time putting out fires, not enough time spent on developing long term strategies.
co-workers and enjoyable part of the day
Primary Care Representative/maternity replacement (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 November 2015
Supportive management and great team work along with the realization that what I do on a daily bases improves the quality of life of a patient.
This was a period of great change. Abbott EPD had been purchased by Mylan. There was great concern about the future outcomes.We maintained a continuity, of "business as usual" and our focus on what needed to be done to achieve sales targets at the same focus on the needs of our customers ( all HCPs and patients ) All this is a time when morale was low.
Best part of my day- when a KOL or patient says your drug or the information you provided improved my life. Very powerful!
Pros
Ablity to be creative in the sale process, automomy, while at the same time having the support of management and team-mate
Cons
Due to merging of two systems created technology glitches
Territory/Area Manager
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec2 September 2015
As Territory Manager, a typical day was to visit pharmacists and detail them on key products for Abbott.
Needed a good sense of organisation to exceed in sales for the given territory
Always focused on targets and business development. Learned to tightly manage every aspect of the business to enable develop as many opportunities as possible in a given territory.
Succeeded very well and very well rewarded.
Pros
Being on the road, organising my own schedule and meeting pharmacists and deliver new information all the time.
Cons
Restructuring all the time with management
fun and interesting
Analyste Programmeur sénior(consultation) (Former Employee) –  montreal30 March 2015
Great place to work, Great IT team, Great users. Very good location and good work flexibility. projects and opportunities with very high standards
Quality control (Former Employee) –  Assembly26 March 2015
Arrived at work station, cleaned tables to ensure product quality. Leardned to inspect parts for defects. Managment was kind aswell as all the co-workers. Job was very repetitive which I learned to adapt to.
Great working environment
Professional Medical Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines4 November 2014
Management are very accommodating and supportive.
Fun parties and great career growth opportunities.
Good pay but dependent on corporate office
Manager Systems Development (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, Quebec17 September 2014
All shots called from Corporate Office. They don't understand the local reality.
Good Working Environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC14 August 2014
Great place to work, good team of people and great atmosphere
Pros
money, benifits, experience
Cons
room to move up
Productive and very friendly working environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CA26 March 2014
I learned a lot on this job. I started out as Junior Accountant but very soon I was moved up to the Financial Analyst. My typical day was to reconcile inventory on daily basis since I was in Cost Accounting group and research any variances I would find in the reconciliation. During month-end I would make journal entries to balance our General Ledger in accordance with GAAP and any accruals we would need for that month. And during the month we would work on our forecast for our monthly reporting packages such as Direct Labor, material variances and Purchase Price Variances.
Pros
Lot of exposure to accounting, and rewarded with encouragement and awards
Fun place to work, you work hard and play hard. Provides a lot of opportunity to learn and grow. Provides a very professional environment for growth.
Commercial Director, for 3 Continents (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2014
Experienced and professional management. Learning and training is continuous and is part of your growth plan. Excellent co-workers, congenial work environment. Plenty of room for all good people to grow. Global organization, fair compensation and many business units to expand your professional horizons.
Pros
Continuing training programs, external and internal. Continuous adaptation to change. Lot of opportunity to grow.
Cons

Want to know more about Abbott Laboratories?

Ask a question
Nothing to say really
Assembly Operator Cartridge Direct (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario5 February 2013
I really don't have too much to say about this company. Good for single people or people that have grown jids like teenagers. Not so good for people with small kids.
Pros
short work week
Cons
long hours (12 hour night shifts)
Abbott Vascualar
Customer Service/ Order Desk (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON3 February 2013
I had the privilege to work with a group of passionate people who not only believed in Team Work, but being a family. With fun and a strong working team, you can acheive anything. Spoken from the General Manager of the company. it was not who you were, Everyone had a role, but Team was something that the people who worked for Abbott Vascular took very seriously.
Pros
always having lunches with the management team, who always found it important to keep the rest of the team engaged.
Cons
very long hours, as customer service was the nucleus of the company.
overwhelming work load, poor management
call centre (Current Employee) –  mississauga3 May 2012
Worst management, lots of work, never ending, better work at McDonald
benefits
Cons
poor management
Super projet
Coordonnateur, développement des emballages (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2017
Rédiger et implanter la procédure de développement des emballages pharmaceutiques et former les employés concernés
• Créé un service interne de coordination et de production d’emballages
Expérience de travail enrichissante
Nutrition Communication Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC10 September 2017
Cette expérience de travail m'a permis de voir et de vivre ce qu'est que de travailler dans une compagnie stable et très axée sur la réussite.
Environnement de travail agréable
Agente d'approvisionnement (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC3 April 2016
Environnement de travail agréable.

Gérer les achats indirects de produits et services pour les catégories sous ma responsabilité : analyse de l'historique d'achat et du marché, recherche de nouveaux fournisseurs, appel d'offre, sélection, consolidation, négociation, contrat.

Effectuer les appels d’offre, sélection, consolidation, benchmarking, négociation, préparation d’ententes, gestion des fournisseurs et résolution des problèmes de qualité.

Représenter l'entreprise de façon professionnelle et courtoise autant avec les clients internes que les relations d'affaires.
Environnement de travail rigoureux mais laissant place à l'adaptabilité
Spécialiste des ventes hospitalières (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 January 2016
Environnement de travail rigoureux mais laissant place à l'adaptabilité selon la demande
Pros
salaire compétitif
Cons
restructuration
j'ai toujours aimer travailler pour cette compagnie
cariste (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC14 June 2014
ils nous ont toujours considérer important dans l'entreprise.
a tout les fin de mois ont avais un rapport sur la compagnie
les vente , la productivité ,les attentes futur, nous discutions
de point en general.c'est un travail physique et ont n'avais la chance
sur nos heures de diner ou après notre travail,d'avoir un massage part un professionnel.si un employer avait un retard il nous donnait la chance de reprendre le temps perdu.c'est une compagnie très humaine avec un grand respect de leur personnels.j'aimerais retrouver
un travail dans une compagnie qui possède la même culture de travail.je suis fier d'avoir travailler pour eu.
Pros
nous avons un comité de loisirs
Cons
la compagnie a prit la décision de fermer le centre de distribution
excellent encadrement
représentant aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC10 October 2013
En tant que représentant, je devais être très autonome et bien gérer mon temps. J'ai reçu beaucoup d'appuis de mon patron ainsi que mes collègues. La compagnie avait un grand respect pour ses employés,les traitait très bien et avait un département des ressources humaines qui répondait toujours très bien à nos besoins.
Pros
excellent salaire, auto fournie.
Cons
aucun