ABB Employee Reviews

I worked with A.B.B. for 23 years, this the best job i ever had. our small group really was like a family. We all worked together for our common goal to make our customers happy. After all without customers we would not have a job !!! It does go to say that it also depends on your boss,I can say for myself that I have had very good bosses. I hope the company is run the same now as it was in the past. I wish good luck to everyone looking for work with A.B.B and and hope you all have a long and prosperous future.
Pros
job security and family like atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes work away from home
sera mieux avec un peut ménage dans le personnel et plus rotation,moins de sexiste ,sans aucune double standards . Et moins over obligatoire pqc si tu fait 40h de 10000 lbs et plus de levage deboite sans rotation tu es brulé.Travail ideal si changement quelle opion
Pros
avantage s du monde tres syphat majorité
Cons
peut de rotation. 10personnel negatif. personnel parasseux. physique DOuBzl, over obligatoire standart
mi experiencia en ABB muy buena , tiene comedor, y buenas prestaciones , un buen entrenamiento el equipo de trabajo esta muy bueno
Pros
buen entrenamiento
Cons
mala organizacion entre departamentos
Good place with decent managers, but suffers from corporate governance from Quebec. Local management values workers and tries to keep all busy. May have to work away from home.
Pros
Team & Safety First
Cons
Corp. Decisions come from Quebec
Punch in card for time, list provided of workday responsibilities, very clean environment, spaced out flooring, management was good, hardest job of removing transformer from the tank. Most enjoyable part was packing.
Annual reviews, bonuses and training programs for growth. International travel. Autonomy of work. Supportive management. Collaboration with other departments
I thoroughly enjoyed my tenure at ABB. Life events caused a change for me otherwise I would have stayed for life. An excellent organization to be part of.
assembling central units is not complicated. they teach you and let you to learn the Technic(s) all benefits are perfect but salary is not enough any more
When I started at ABB it was a top-heavy organization that has been stuck in a reorganization phase for 5+ years. It needs to emphasize local management structure rather than driven from top to bottom in bureaucracy. Company is innovative, pay structure and benefits are fair.
High stress environment, with very little work/life balance, focus was on making money and 60 hour work weeks were the norm. Was expected to travel to job locations on weekends without compensation or time in lieu. Possibly the worst HR department I have ever encountered, poorly managed overall with constant management shuffling.
Only if you are starving and destitute, maybe not even then. Also should have eyes in the back of your head to watch for those knives. Having thick skin for the boss's belittling comments in front of the clients would help alot.
Pros
Work pretty much alone. Some supervisors are good, but they are the first to go...
Cons
Supervisors are generally only out for themselves, Throw workers under the bus to make themselves look better.
Les processus bureaucratiques sont très lent . Les idéaux vantés par l entreprise ne se reflètent pas sur le plancher. La résolution d enjeux en matière de santé-sécurité est très lente est mal orientée .
Management is horrible. They blame you for their mistakes. Toxic environment!! Didn't care that everyone was leaving because of the new National OPS manager, I had employees tell me directly they would stay if he wasn't their boss. If you take a sick day, everyone thinks you are faking and they will tell your customers and management
J'ai passé 7 années chez ABB et j'y retournerais travailler n'importe quand.
Chaque jour je me dis que sa seras une très belle journée car je vais travaillée avec mes camarades de façons professionnelles.
I like ABB to work, reason this company is very big and they specialized in high power Power electronic.You can move around for jobs in different department.
Not a bad place, not a great place. Keeping us busy with work was not high on there priority list. Best part was working with guys that enjoyed the job and made the day go by fast.
Lots of politics, and equipments sucks. They give you a bunch of used and none working tools at site and expect to make it last for 5 years before they send more junk. Also they charge a companies so mucg but you get paid the minimum.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Lots
Possibly one of the worst places I've worked. They would do anything they could to save money. One of my coworkers got frost bite due to inadequate personal protective equipment.
ambiance très agréable activité intéressante beaucoup d'aide pour apprentissage et développement de soi même
Pros
valorisant
Cons
demenagement frequant
Compagnie qui vas dans tout les sens et regroupe trop de mentalités d'entreprises différentes, à cause des acquisitions incessantes. Travail de re-stucturation constant et difficile à suivre.
  1. Employee reviews