Abacusnext Employee Reviews

I plan to be with Abacus for a long time
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA18 April 2019
It’s a great company that has bene the impetus for some important changes in my life. My manager is one of the nicest people I’ve ever worked with, and it feels great to know that he always has my back if I ever need help or come across a problem I haven’t faced before. I’m extremely appreciative of the opportunities they’ve given me and hope to be around for long enough to help the company succeed as well.
Pros
leadership cares about employees, great opportunities to further your career
Cons
not much, the work can be kind of complex at times, I guess
Limitless potential
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA4 April 2019
AbacusNext is structured to allow for easy, nearly unlimited growth if you’re willing to put the work in. They provide all the training, tools, and support you need to be successful, too. I’ve had great experiences all around.
Pros
rapid growth, great training, impressive employee support, high energy environment
Cons
the rare client that’s difficult to work with
Lots of opportunity for growth
Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA31 March 2019
They’re great people who are all about providing great experiences and supporting personal development. I really feel like I’ve been taken under the wing of the managers there, I can tell they actually care about what happens to me and that they listen to my ideas. I’m very thankful for how Abacus has helped me grow into a true professional.
Pros
rapid growth, managers give support and listen, awesome professional development
Cons
must have a good work ethic to be truly successful
Sales rep review
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA19 March 2019
Great people. Great location (san diego officew), gym, and benefits are decent! The culture was pretty relaxed. Abacus is a great place to learn the new technologies firms are moving into, which provide many learning paths of growth. Senior employees helps a lot any time.
Pros
Good senior sales leadership (the CSMO), good people, good money
Cons
Long hours to make the big bucks, Overall Senior management doesn't always listen to lower-level members' opinions, The career path forward is not clearly stated
A. Joke.
Sr. Sales executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA15 March 2019
This company is a 35 year start?? When has ANYONE heard of a, successful, 35 year start up?? They are the man-child of the tech industry. They LOOK like they should have it together but have zero direction. They changed management, direction of company and assembled new dept. from the others they dismantled with employees that have no idea why they were placed in that dept. They fired the trainer DURING THE TRAINING and told us to get on the phones and good luck. They have NO training material for any position, I kid you not, just ask to see the "training material". It's a circus, controlled chaos, best part of the job, free lunches and kegs of beer they bring in that's it, period. I was there for 6 months and they refused to give a scheduled day off even though they tout around "unlimited time off". Apply at your own risk.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
A lot.
Best kept secret in San DIego
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA14 March 2019
Friendly colleagues and supportive managers. Get to support extensively on cloud technology implementations (everything is cloud now). Free lunch on Wednesday. bus commute to/from UTC offered to employees which is nice. Flexibility Supportive Professional... it pains me to see people leave and regret it, Whatever are your career aspirations, one can find a way in Abacus. Especially here in San DIego where the technology pool is limited... I'm glad I found this place.
Pros
Great team and all working towards the same goal. Good work life balance
Cons
It is now a larger company and non-doers just go get away with pushing papers.
Great people, awesome culture, good sales job
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA14 March 2019
I have learned more about current cloud technology and software management platforms at AbacusNext than I had learned at my previous jobs (Cox, Time Warner) and it really helped advance my career. Unfortunately I had to relocate due to family, but it was good while it lasted. Fun office culture, pretty high paced. Equal opportunity employer, very multi-cultured office.
Pros
Commission checks!
Cons
If you're not a technology lover, you will struggle to learn up
Poor Company Structure
Client Success Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA6 February 2019
Departments don't coordinate and processes aren't in place to fix ongoing issues. Management doesn't have insight to fix the gaps between sales, quoting, client retention and product implementation.
Pros
free lunch on Wednesdays
Stay away from this place.
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA2 December 2018
I was reading all these reviews but notice no one is commenting about their experience with Toronto office. Office was great but the worst dept was support specially support manager who have ZERO technical skills the dude does not even know the version of the supported product, does not even know how to reset his own password, takes the whole support team in the development meetings does not even know what to say sits and listen like a foreign language movie is playing and hide behind everyone. The funny part is dude writes all his emails in the subject line scared to death even when a sales rep calls from head office start shouting at his ppl come here talk to this guy because to him the discussion happens in a foreign language study like a final exam before Friday meetings with the management. Dude is so scared from his boss that willing to perform sanitary duties if called for. Have no management does out of box favors to his favorites u r bringing coffee for me every day u r allowed to take 10 smoke breaks, u r taking my escalation call u can take half day off and show up anytime, u saved me on the weekend u are my TL regardless of the fact that you don’t even know how to write an email or talk in English, u r playing video games with me u can decide your own schedule the best technical skills the dude knows how to play video games all day at work. Even the Toronto head who is technically sound knows he is technically ZERO but does not do anything was almost got fired by the old employer but got saved by the previous manager. Getting paid for doing a job which my 90 year  more... old grandmother can do. Even his current boss does even know how to handle support was promoted from custom service to Director of support because everyone in his office quit haha.  less
Pros
Free Lunches Every Wednesday
Cons
Will never go back to work here..
Short Term Employement
Accounting (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA20 September 2018
Abacus Data Systems acquired Commercial Logic's asset. I worked for Abacus during the transition. They allowed me to work remotely and gave me an opportunity to education myself with Sales and Uses requirements and research SALT software.
All slogans, little action
Project Manager - Professional Services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA15 September 2018
CEO constantly talks about the benefits of being an employee of AbacusNext. The company kept expanding and acquiring other companies, and regular employees saw little in it for them as far as benefits. Healthcare was extremely expensive, especially for employees with families. Other than salespeople, no one had any idea how the commission structure worked. There was no advancement. No opportunity to work remotely in my department, other than by special permission occasionally. Communication was lacking, to say the least. I was not happy at my job.
Pros
Free lunch once a week. Nice new building with a gym.
Cons
Lack of communication internally within department, no opportunities to advance career, remote work not allowed; no bonsu/commission structure.
Growing company with Perks
Sr. Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA11 August 2018
Heavy cold calling, learned about legal software, minimal management, inside sales culture, fun break room with ping pong, lacking enough management to support the number of sales reps.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
mgmt communication
Incompetent Management Team
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA2 June 2018
Great potential as company is financially backed by billion dollar investment firm, but management must be changed. High turnover in sales and marketing. Four new Inside Sales Managers in a year speaks for itself.

CEO must be removed from position along with her puppet incompetent management team.
Pros
Free breakfast once a week
Cons
Incompetent Management Team
Run away as fast as you can
NA (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CA11 January 2018
Absolute worst place to work, it is cut-throat and the environment is extremely negative. Management is disorganized and do not communicate well with one another. CEO is demanding and tends to yell to get the point across. One week you could be working with a few people, the next you have a whole new team, turnover is insane. Very sad place to work.
Pros
Free lunches and unlimited PTO
Cons
Getting screamed at, work life balance, negative atmosphere

Comment – 13 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We try to cultivate a positive and fulfilling work environment for all our employees, and we’re sorry to see you didn’t feel that during your time with AbacusNext. In terms of hiring so many positions, we’ve grown by 800% in the last three years, and any way you slice it, that’s a lot of hiring. We’ll only reach the goals we’re driving toward if we have the help of the best, most motivated people we can find who thrive in a fast-paced technology organization. If you would like to share more, please contact me by emailing glassdoor@abacusnext.com. We wish you best of luck in your future endeavors.

Not for me
sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA4 January 2018
this company has a ton of potential but is not for the feint of heart. There are some great people working there, but all in all, the experience was not for me. There were many unethical business practices, and it was obvious that the company was over extending itself.
Pros
Free lunches on wednesday's, good products, fair pay
Cons
Churn and burn mentality that has many good people leaving.
Great work atmosphere with coworkers
Client Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA20 December 2017
Great place to work with coworkers troubleshooting Abacus software/Server issues. A typical day would be troubleshooting clients Abacus software by either editing registry or re-registering .dll.
Pros
Coworkers and free breakfast every wednesday
Awesome software, great team, poor management
Professional Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UT23 October 2017
Enjoy my work and the people I work with. The company is run by a UK outfit, and the differences in work cultures between the US and UK can be an issue. Also, constant turnover of talent because of lack of competitive pay for key positions.
Pros
Great team, balanced workload, benefits, 401(k)
Cons
Senior management, low pay
Don't Work for Abacus
Implementation Engineer (Former Employee) –  San17 July 2017
Over a period of two years I grew to see that the management wanted the employees to be dishonest with the clients.
It did not matter what the problem Abacus management would never consider letting a client out of the contract.
Even if it had been established the Abacus product did not fit the client's needs.
I was about profit, not service or quality. Don't get me wrong, nothing is wrong about profit. To the management at Abacus it is the only thing of focus.
Employee needs and client satisfaction are never a consideration.
Pros
telecommuting
Cons
Everything else
Candid Culture
Implementation Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA1 June 2017
The CEO believes in candidacy and that allows for employees to tackle issues with a clear and direct approach. Each day I would on bored a new client with unique needs and set them on on a customized work environment. The hardest part of the job is engaging with the management team they are hands off and do not do a good job of team collaboration or, appreciate proactive measures of engagement on everyday tasks. It is enjoyable to meet your client expectations and remove the burden from the of maintaining a systems network.
Pros
Working Remotely form home
Cons
No HR department CEO can not handle the human dynamics of her office.
Legal Software
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA4 November 2016
Job mostly consisted of calling leads that you found and old customers who were one-time fee plan. You were responsible for transitioning customers over to a subscription plan.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abacusnext. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9