Aarons Employee Reviews

Found 52 reviews matching the search See all 2,757 reviews
Worst Job ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 June 2018
Dying company, no future. Difficult/incompetent Store Manager, is only nice when district manager is in town. Treats employees and customers like garbage. Franchise store therefor they are above the labour rules/laws. Sales and Account Managers are doing delivery, cleaning most of the time. They have already closed down one of the stores.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
incompetent store manager.
Aarons
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 July 2018
Great people to work with in Sudbury. Was a great experience got into self marketing as well as marketing the store. As all sales positions go there are always challenges but were fun to overcome. Commission structure was a little weak but not terrible.
fun place to work for.
dilivery driver (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 June 2018
we get in grab are coffees get are delery slips for the day and set up are route turn the store on, get are deliveries ready and loaded and start the day. The work place was a great place to work everybody got along to get the job done.
great company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 March 2018
great company to work for if you can get on with a franchise store and not a corporate store. they wont hire anyone with a criminal record and if they do hire you with a criminal record you will be fired before 90 days
Terrible
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 November 2017
On salary and expected to work 60+ hours a week. Owners don't honour warranties which makes like more stressful dealing with customers. Pays are often missed , pay cycle changed. 5 different general managers in Moncton store alone and 6 different Regional managers in the last two year should tell you a lot about this franchise...
Pros
Full-time Employment
Cons
Long hours, unpaid overtime, relentless pressure
Negative work environment and bad management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON20 September 2017
Aaron's has too much of a turn over. Employees are not treated like they should be, especially by the manager at the Cambridge store. This company makes promises and they tell you that your job is secure when in fact, it is not. The manager does whatever he/she wants to do without any punishment or consequences. Employees are not heard when they have a concern or a problem and they're often yelled at for things that were not under their control or for things that someone else did. This company should really investigate what kind of people they have working for them.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management, work environment
An enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Representative/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 August 2017
A typical day at work involved making sure the store was clean and electronics were on for opening. I would help customers with their accounts, and also help new customers with going on a lease. I learned how to develop relationships with all of my clients and co-workers. Management was amazing, well with the people I worked with. the culture was good as well. There was really no hard part about the job because it was just fun working there.
Pros
amazing staff, positive company to work for
Cons
negative customers
pretty good overall
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 January 2018
Great place to work. friendly atmosphere overall. the wages are decent and they have great benefits. always was in a good place when I was working there
Personally it was a horrible workplace
Swamper/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 November 2017
The mannagment skills are terrible and the manager and all about him making a quick buck nomatter what it take and he is never actually their in the store.
Pros
Free lunch once in a blue moon
Cons
No tips horrible wage
Not so great...
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 June 2017
Typical day at work for a sales manager involves marketing door to door for multiple hours coming back to the store, organizing the back room, cleaning the whole store, bringing out couches and building bedroom sets all alone, track the sales, plan events with a $50 budget to bring in customers 2-4 times a month. There is very little funding to support with customer growth and limited resources to be successful. Management was terrible and treated the employees like garbage blaming them that Canadian stores are not growing. In store there are too many bosses and everyone clashes and steals duties from others. Upper management was gunning for certain employees to be fired and announced it to a select few employees which started a lot of drama in the workplace and it was just overall a toxic environment.
Pros
Discount was okay
Cons
Long hours and low pay
Not the best.
Product Technician, Main Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 August 2017
Aarons is not a bad place to work. it can be a kool place to hang out if your paired at the right location and with the right team. the issues are the pay and the work schdeule which often demand you work late every friday and work EVERY weekend.
Cons
Pay, Work schedule
Hard work for little money.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK11 September 2017
Long hours for little pay. There are some rewards but it was based on the sales team if everyone below management got them. Expected way too much from employees and was understaffed constantly. Always played favourites as well.
enjoy working and being productive
Delivery truck driver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 July 2017
I'm always on time mostly early for work so that I know I'm there and ready to work hard but safely I enjoy working I'm a team player I get a long with others I always enjoy learning new jobs and ways to make the workplace better
Pros
Working in a team environment
Cons
N/a
Very disorganized
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2017
Aaron's Sale and Lease is an amazing company and concept over all. The specific location I was hired at was very disorganized and management was poor. The work place was very hostile and contained many issues. The hardest part of my job was picking up the slack when others were not doing their job properly. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers and meeting sale goals.
Be Carefull with this employer
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2016
Incompetent upper management. First: they were unable to manage interview schedule (RED FLAG). Applied for sales Managers position, was shortlisted in top 3. After a week was offered Management in Trannie position. Another guy got the Job as a sales manager, with no Furniture sales or even sales experience and a totally fake management resume (another Story). He quits within 2 days, they hired another guy next day. I’m like totally shocked; I mean I am the MT, I should have been offered the SM job. After reading other posts, my story aligns with others in the same company. AS a management trainee I worked as a cleaner (cleaning sofas with cat and dog hair), merchandising associate, CS and loader etc.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Good In-Store Management, Terrible Corporate
Aaron's Sales and Lease Ownership (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 March 2016
I really liked working for the GM, he was a pretty great boss as were the rest of the team in store. Unfortunately upper management didn't listen to us, and complained when we weren't doing well even though we knew why we were failing. Typically slow due to where we were but it was a fun job overall. Learned about filing and expaned my CRM skills.
Pros
Hour break, great co-workers
Cons
Not enough support from corporate, unrealistic goals for small store
No day was ever the same
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 April 2012
We did not have a typical day at this place of business. Everyday was always different.
I learned how to deal with irate customers.
The management was not the best. He didn't know what it took to be a good manager!
My coworkers were great. We would always work as a team to help each other get through our days.
The hardest part of this job was dealing with the customer base. The type of people were very difficult to work with.
Pros
making an income
Cons
spending breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the place of buisness
great workplace with few people so feels like family great management very adaptable to life needs.
product technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON18 March 2014
Everyday can be different filled with deliveries, cleaning returned product like furniture and appliances as well as electronics. Some times the general manager would have one of the PT's go out with an accounts person on runs or field visits. being there with the same people day after day it can get frustrating but can make good friendships. the hard part of the job is the heavy lifting moving in furniture into customers homes carefully with little to no damage to the furniture and the place being delivered to.
Pros
free lunches, good co-workers, friendly evirontment
Cons
long hours, mostly weekends
It's an alright job, but not the place for me
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 May 2015
As a CSR, typical duties are selling furniture and explaining the leasing process/price options, upkeep and cleaning the showroom, processing payments, weekly inventory, taking and placing phone calls, and balancing the till at the end of the night.
I personally did not like the hours, but maybe they are good for a retail setting.
This location had very few staff when I was there, so I always felt bad about asking for time off because it left someone there by themselves.
Aaron's 'culture' did not mesh well with me and my opinions, and I often found it a very negative place to be.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Hours, Aaron's 'culture', few coworkers
No room to grow, poor benefits, low salary
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 November 2014
Love the Company, and my job greatly, Unfortunately I feel there is no longer any growth opportunity, and due to the type of business, heavy lifting and repetitive motions are often involved, they have very poor benefits considering the job requirements, I am sadly wanting to make a change to a company where there is growth potential, proper compensation, and a decent benefits plan.

I want a Career that I can better myself in, and to reach retirement.
Pros
Knowledge, great staff, happy environment.
Cons
Very long hours 55+ per week, poor regional management, unrealistic targets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aarons. Our community is ready to answer.