Aarons Employee Reviews

great company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 March 2018
great company to work for if you can get on with a franchise store and not a corporate store. they wont hire anyone with a criminal record and if they do hire you with a criminal record you will be fired before 90 days
Terrible
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 November 2017
On salary and expected to work 60+ hours a week. Owners don't honour warranties which makes like more stressful dealing with customers. Pays are often missed , pay cycle changed. 5 different general managers in Moncton store alone and 6 different Regional managers in the last two year should tell you a lot about this franchise...
Pros
Full-time Employment
Cons
Long hours, unpaid overtime, relentless pressure
Personally it was a horrible workplace
Swamper/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 November 2017
The mannagment skills are terrible and the manager and all about him making a quick buck nomatter what it take and he is never actually their in the store.
Pros
Free lunch once in a blue moon
Cons
No tips horrible wage
Negative work environment and bad management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON20 September 2017
Aaron's has too much of a turn over. Employees are not treated like they should be, especially by the manager at the Cambridge store. This company makes promises and they tell you that your job is secure when in fact, it is not. The manager does whatever he/she wants to do without any punishment or consequences. Employees are not heard when they have a concern or a problem and they're often yelled at for things that were not under their control or for things that someone else did. This company should really investigate what kind of people they have working for them.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management, work environment
Hard work for little money.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK11 September 2017
Long hours for little pay. There are some rewards but it was based on the sales team if everyone below management got them. Expected way too much from employees and was understaffed constantly. Always played favourites as well.
all good
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC28 August 2017
all good good experience able to move up quickly started in penticton as accounts manager relocated to cakgary as accounts manager then relocated back to vernon bc as gm
Not the best.
Product Technician, Main Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 August 2017
Aarons is not a bad place to work. it can be a kool place to hang out if your paired at the right location and with the right team. the issues are the pay and the work schdeule which often demand you work late every friday and work EVERY weekend.
Cons
Pay, Work schedule
An enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Representative/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 August 2017
A typical day at work involved making sure the store was clean and electronics were on for opening. I would help customers with their accounts, and also help new customers with going on a lease. I learned how to develop relationships with all of my clients and co-workers. Management was amazing, well with the people I worked with. the culture was good as well. There was really no hard part about the job because it was just fun working there.
Pros
amazing staff, positive company to work for
Cons
negative customers
enjoy working and being productive
Delivery truck driver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 July 2017
I'm always on time mostly early for work so that I know I'm there and ready to work hard but safely I enjoy working I'm a team player I get a long with others I always enjoy learning new jobs and ways to make the workplace better
Pros
Working in a team environment
Cons
N/a
Not so great...
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 June 2017
Typical day at work for a sales manager involves marketing door to door for multiple hours coming back to the store, organizing the back room, cleaning the whole store, bringing out couches and building bedroom sets all alone, track the sales, plan events with a $50 budget to bring in customers 2-4 times a month. There is very little funding to support with customer growth and limited resources to be successful. Management was terrible and treated the employees like garbage blaming them that Canadian stores are not growing. In store there are too many bosses and everyone clashes and steals duties from others. Upper management was gunning for certain employees to be fired and announced it to a select few employees which started a lot of drama in the workplace and it was just overall a toxic environment.
Pros
Discount was okay
Cons
Long hours and low pay
Business Closed
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK7 June 2017
Business Closed Sept 2016
Dealt with collections and sales for the company , worked with customers one on one . Did daily paperwork and cash . Tried to help fellow co-workers when possible
Pros
Coworkers
okay
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 June 2017
fun place to work. lots of laughs. Good for a student or an in between job while looking for a good one. Dirty place because of the type of customers
Pros
fun, easy job
Cons
low pay
Aarons Sales and Leasing
Customer Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK26 April 2017
If you like dealing with customers daily seeing smiles one there faces after signing agreements. Aarons sales and Leasing is the company for you to work at.
Great work environment, fun atmosphere , goal oriented
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK27 March 2017
Wonderful place to work with great experience. I have learned many new skills and get to constantly move forward looking after customers and their needs.
Pros
Sundays off
okay job
Mascot/Store Helper (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC13 March 2017
really relaxed workplace not enough hours good managment involved going to local events in mascot outfit and helping clean the store when not in mascot suit
Very disorganized
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2017
Aaron's Sale and Lease is an amazing company and concept over all. The specific location I was hired at was very disorganized and management was poor. The work place was very hostile and contained many issues. The hardest part of my job was picking up the slack when others were not doing their job properly. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers and meeting sale goals.
Fun Environment, just not much of a market in town.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON8 February 2017
Fun company to work for. Lots of cool incentives and promotions that change monthly. Hard environment for a sales person however. Very limited market, and requires a certain customer base which is hard to find in our area. Lots of leg work and long hours for decent pay. Overall not a bad company depending on your role.
Punctual and efficient individual seeks a position as part of a team with opportunities for professional growth and development. Motivated to provide
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK1 November 2016
A good place to work for and had some good employees learnt a lot about the customers I delivered to. The manager was a great person and great to get along with if you had any questions he would try his best to help you. co workers where easy to to get along as well
Be Carefull with this employer
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2016
Incompetent upper management. First: they were unable to manage interview schedule (RED FLAG). Applied for sales Managers position, was shortlisted in top 3. After a week was offered Management in Trannie position. Another guy got the Job as a sales manager, with no Furniture sales or even sales experience and a totally fake management resume (another Story). He quits within 2 days, they hired another guy next day. I’m like totally shocked; I mean I am the MT, I should have been offered the SM job. After reading other posts, my story aligns with others in the same company. AS a management trainee I worked as a cleaner (cleaning sofas with cat and dog hair), merchandising associate, CS and loader etc.
Pros
Nice co-workers
CSR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2016
the one thing i love about landscaping is being on your own an in a team cause we all work together to get the same goal achieved but i can spend alot of the time on my own walking n getting awesome sun
Pros
great co workers
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aarons. Our community is ready to answer.