Aaron's

Aaron's Employee Reviews

Canada80 reviews

Found 80 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,002 reviews
salestorecustomermanagerlongstaffbadhour

Was room for growth and advancement if that was your goal!

Loved working for the Canadian franchise, they were very supportive and great Regional Managers were amazing and helpful and every way possible and helped you progress as an employee and spent time with you one on one when needed. And always there when you needed them, and support from General Managers from other stores. They were very supportive and loved working for the franchise store, but were not happy with the terms or the way I was treated when corporate took over. They didn't seem like the same company or very understanding of any family emergency situations. Even when it was out of your control. But the prices are good compared to other companies offering the same products. And their terms are reasonable,

Lots of opportunities to move up the corporate ladder.

I have worked along side many team members who began as a customer service rep and now are General Managers at other locations. Salary, Hourly and bonuses.

Insights into Aaron's

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Fun place to work.

Great benefits nice extras all around a good place to work. Some perks are employee discounts a wellness program and bonus potential for everyone on staff.

Fun workplace, great sales atmosphere and welcoming environment

Working at Aaron's has been a great learning experience in many areas of my career skill set. I love working here as the store has a fantastic customer base but like any retail atmosphere customer issues keep you on your toes. The management at the store has been very interictal in my growth as an associate.

Need to do everything

It’s a good place to work. Sometimes it’s not stressful. But you have to end up doing everything. Sometimes you have to completer other duties before doing your own.

Cons

Bad management

Full P&L accountability, from ordering inventory, supplies, staff, etc...Upper management is supportive and want you to succeed.Field visits are not fun

Toxic,staff verbally abused mentally also employees high turn over worked unlimited hours

Not a respectful or helpful and not knowledgeable about staff injury safety requirements or kits with material to help an accident victim whether staff or customer first aid kits.

Pros

Nothings free there

Cons

Company is big bad fraudulent company to its customers and staff in hiring process lie after lies

11 August 2021
We welcome and appreciate your feedback and will takeyour feedback into consideration to ensure everyexperience is a positive experience.

Great place overall

Very good placs to work. Very good management and regional team. Work hours were great. Salary was down and accordingly work was high. But overall it was worth the experience

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Low on salaray

14 June 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and having you as part of our team.

Extrodinary place to work Excellent management!!!!!

Best place I've ever worked in my entire life. Best manager, I have ever met, honest kind understanding punctual and proud of his inspiration, I would definitely work there again.

Pros

customers

Cons

late nights

29 March 2021
At Aaron’s, we strive to provide excellent service with every interaction. The foundation of our company is service and the reason we exist is our customers and team members. Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Needs new management

Loved my job, salary was ok. Management is very very hard on employees mental health and physical safety. Employee turnover is WAY above average. Anyone that left, including myself, quit the management not the actual job.

23 March 2021
We are intentional in building relationships with every interaction and believe that your next interaction with Aaron’s will be better than your last. As our organization continues to evolve, we have implemented management training, Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives, employee recognition opportunities and much more. Aaron’s strives to continue being a great place to work and to shop. Thank you for feedback.

Best Job

I enjoyed working at Aaron's so much I could have seen myself there for years and years. Unfortunately I had to end my job due to moving back to my hometown.

24 November 2020

Terrible place to work

Management is awe full no managing whatsoever they over schedule under pay and threaten your hourly wage.first time I've ever felt like the colour of my skin was affecting the way i was being treated. DO NOT WORK HERE !!!

23 November 2020
We welcome and appreciate your feedback and will take your feedback into consideration to ensure every experience is a positive experience.

Productive fun work place, great environment with fantastic management.

This was a very professional and organized work place with amazing management. It is a very fast paced work but the employees tend to work as a team. Management was very understanding with scheduling and showed appreciation for the work beinf done. Overall would 10/10 recommend working here to anyone.

5 November 2020

Horrible experience

Managers get involved in personal life to much pay was bad hours were bad job duties not fully explained at all but expected u to do up and above terrible management

stay away

not a good place to work management is terrible some of the laziest management i have ever had the displeasure of working with stay away from reddeer.

Cons

bad managment

Poorly Managed

Management is abusive and has no people skills. Bullying, brow beating and negative reinforcement are all common tools of the manager. Absolutely an awful place to work because of the management.

Care little abount employees

Aaron's is an interesting company, however based in the US with a 2% revenue share contribution from Canada, the Canadian stores are treated like the red-headed step child that no one wanted. Management is treated poorly and they treat their employees even worse. There is no room for new ideas and innovation its the program and nothing else. Any sort of questioning is met with reprimanding. Worst career move I've ever made. I stay as long as I did because I'm a foolish optimist, hoping change might occur. It never did.

Good job

As a driver / mover generally a great job some difficult moves but generally new furniture to ok apartments my boss Jason was great a real hands on no job too small boss a real asset to any company plus fantastic bonuses for drivers i great experience

Fun people with poor upper managment

Day to day sales activities including lots of cold calling unhappy customers. Upper management has little to no understanding of the daily operations. No work/life balance

rent to own

had a great feeling to help people get what they need at an affordable rate which they can pay on monthly basis and during that period of time getting the benefits of the same

High stress, low reward work environment

Upper management (regional managers and above) don't care about you. If you don't produce their sales numbers (which are astronomically high and literally impossible to reach) then you will be chastised. For the work load and responsibility I was given, I was not paid nearly enough. Additionally most of the other managers there were barely adults (early 20's) with no prior management experience. This lead to things like in-fighting, harassment between co-workers (both genders both ways), inappropriate relationships with co-workers, and a team of managers that were arrogant, rude, and power hungry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aaron's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement