ASP Inc Employee Reviews

Alot of Hours.
Access Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON25 January 2019
Everyone I met in the company is open, warm, inviting and friendly. They all enjoy what they do and are always willing to go out of there way to help others. A great deal of trust and creative freedom had been bestowed upon me, which was precisely what I wanted and needed from an employer. All middle and senior managers value suggestion and input from all employees and encourage ambition and innovation. Pay is ok, with a great opportunity for growth. Through ASP I was able to get an opportunity at GTAA with starting at $35/hour.
Pros
Alot of hours, they work with your availability, They help with Co-op, quick response from Management, environment is really clean and job is very easy
Cons
hard to learn your way around for first few weeks at Airport
Ok
Access Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON2 January 2019
It was an okay job, don't mind it. Would do it again, good hours, fair pay and is not too hard. Recommend for anyone that wants to find a good job at the airport.
still a growing company
Lead supervisor for ITB (Current Employee) –  Didsbury, AB27 December 2018
So far its going okay but need an ops manager to give some guidance to the teams and to look out for them . Right now leads are left on there own for the most part and some of the leads are just out for their own benefits not looking out for the teams . But it is going the right direction and will get better .
Not a enjoyable workplace. Worst job I ever had.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario24 November 2018
Bad environment at work.
Long hours (minimum wage + No Benefits).
Horrible management.
THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES!
Do not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Long hours, take nothing into consideration. They'll force you to take a schedule even if you have priorities, ex; school.
Ok place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2018
Not a bad job to start with if you're looking to gain customer service experience. Job is easy if you know what you are doing and can easily make good money by working more shifts.
Asp inc
Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2018
Great management to work for.
Training was very on key, very detailed about the job.
On the job training was excellent as well, great co workers and supervisors.
Fun but main purpose of better salary is not solved.
Access Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Not joined12 May 2018
Never join the company if offer the job without mentioning the salary.Think company took you as a goat .and do not value your service.They wanted me to do training without telling me the salary package.which I don't like.
Pros
Never
Cons
Never
If you want shifts, you will get them.
Toronto Pearson - Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2018
Due to the nature of the airport, it is a 24/7 operation and because of that, there are endless shifts available. If you want to work 90+ hour workweeks and make a ton of money through overtime, the company will not deny you that like other companies.
Pros
Endless shift opportunities, no downtime.
Cons
Primarily 12 hour shifts.
okay work environment, not ordeal for long-term work placement
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 December 2017
Hiring/training Manager were excellent, supervisors were not, hardly got any breaks.
very little room for advancement, unless you are willing to miss your breaks and not complain about it.
scheduling was very hard on employees/ were scheduling employees without their knowledge
Okay
Billingual Operational Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON20 November 2017
If you need easy work with some stability and okay benefits this is the place for you. There isn't much to say about this job. It's brain numbing work but its really easy and you get a decent pay.
This is the worse company to work ever
Securityu guard (Former Employee) –  YTZ15 November 2017
I found myself working at the main-made island airport in Toronto, without any proper training or explanation from any supervisor from this company, then after 6 months and one week, I was the one who made all the schedule and relive for people who got sick during a week and half, then I got sick of course, they called me in their office and told me I was 50 % what I should be for them, maybe they wanted my blood or maybe my soul.
What I learned from them is that no mater what you do for them was never enough.
Pros
only pro was that the people from the airport management was very nice to me
Cons
ASP management is the worse to work for
worst place I worked at.
Access Control Officer and Escort (Former Employee) –  yyz3 October 2017
My experience with Asp was not pleasant, there is no advancement, if there is, no pay raise and when you do get better opportunity, bad reference from them.
Fun and stressful work place and poor management
Operation service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON25 August 2017
It's fun to work at the airport, meet new people but it's not fun when the company is cheap, don't care about people and don't know what are they doing. This company have favouritism unfair.they hire more Lazy people and no proper training.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Long hours, favouritism and lazy people
Great Place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 March 2017
Working in the Airport is like working in your own little community.
You get to work and get to know all types of different positions and communicate with all types of different people.
Pros
Ability to meet different people
Cons
Long Hours sometimes
Ok work environment
Access Control Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 January 2017
Do not properly manage personnel. Breaks and reliefs of shifts are not handled with great diligence, and care for employees not high.
Pros
Some easy shifts
Cons
Management & Higher Ups don't care you.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON11 December 2016
In the simplest way I can put it is that ASP INC. don't care about you at all. They bid low on contracts to make certain they get offered the contract by GTAA. Management uses an excuse such as there still in the works of figuring out how much you'll get paid, which i guarantee won't be over $14.00 as a full timer; imagine working there in the winter -20, -30 for that much. Did i forget to mention that Supervisors only get paid $16.00 a hour.

All i can say is there cheap and if your looking for a full time position within this company at the airport stay away your better of being a part timer at the airport.
Pros
Getting to meet awesome people at the job.
Cons
Company is cheap.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2016
As most employees are hired on casual basis, there are no job securities for guards. Also, the pay is very low for the job that we do. essentially we keep the airport SAFE. We get close to minimum wage whereas other security companies who do not forgo a 4 day unpaid training (as we do), they are not trained to be working access control points and they have no training with security breeches when escorting, those companies pay their guards more than we do!
Fun place with fast place.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2016
It was very busy job site. My communication skills improved.
Management always keep an eye on us which in fact improve our quality of work.
Co workers were good to work with.
Twelve hrs shift was hardest part of job.
Our supervisor was very good to teach every team member.
Pros
learning enviorement.
Cons
long hours.
Wonderful work atmosphere
Terminal Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 November 2015
To check all employees are fit to work, and are properly following the companies policies
Tour to all ASP Inc. controlled posts and make sure everything is status quo.
Responsible for assigning the posts with guards if there is no show or sick calls - Scheduling.
Customer service and assistance to the passengers and vendors
Great company with hard working employees
Airport Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2015
The employees that I worked with were very hard working and did their jobs the right way thanks to the trainers. The work environment was great but the pay wasn't the greatest.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASP Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

ASP Inc Reviews by Location