ASP Inc

ASP Inc Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
ASP works on a fire department approach rather than preempting likely problems Management waits for 1 to happen and than looks for quick fix which does not eliminate the probability that such will not reoccur.
Pros
unable to think of any
Cons
Pearson Airport, Mississauga, On
one of the crappiest companies I have ever worked for. avoid at all costs!
weak (NO) management, lots of problems on the floor, Beyond belief nepotism
Pros
Cons
anything you could think of
I've worked with ASP since 2006 on and off and ended up as a specialist. Working hard doesn't mean anything there. The lazy ones get promoted and like to shake mangers hand. You don't do nothing special other than watch people and hit tags. It's a piece of fece job.
Careful of N girls his a predator.
A typical day follows the rules very rigidly. People can be hard at times but that is what this job asks us do be. It can be very stressful with a lot of work to do (which is usually increased by repetition of work).
If you book off, they will force you to come in. If you call in sick, they will threaten your emloyment. If you check your phone for the time, they will give you a warning letter. If you make a request for anything (uniform replacement, memobook, etc), expect to make the request more than 5 times before they give it to you.

They don't care about your employment rights. They don't give a poo if you did the right thing either. They will replace you in a heartbeat if they don't even like you.
It was absolutely horrible workplace starting with management. I’m a mature woman with a lot of experience and I was treated extremely poorly, I was downgraded, humiliated and more . Management hired lots of young students who spoke a language other than English and French anit’s against the code of conduct at workplace
Stay away from this company!!!
*Stay away, especially if you are from the VISIBLE MINORITY.

*Stay away from this company, if you are a devoted worker; because your hardwork will not be appreciated. Infact, you'll be singled out for mistreatment for minding your own business and doing a good job.

*Stay away from this company if you don't want to have a terrible work for standing up for injustice.references, because they will actually give you a bad refer
Pros
Cons
Everything about work ethics and morals
Everyone I met in the company is open, warm, inviting and friendly. They all enjoy what they do and are always willing to go out of there way to help others. A great deal of trust and creative freedom had been bestowed upon me, which was precisely what I wanted and needed from an employer. All middle and senior managers value suggestion and input from all employees and encourage ambition and innovation. Pay is ok, with a great opportunity for growth. Through ASP I was able to get an opportunity at GTAA with starting at $35/hour.
Pros
Alot of hours, they work with your availability, They help with Co-op, quick response from Management, environment is really clean and job is very easy
Cons
hard to learn your way around for first few weeks at Airport
IF you want experience and progress to Law enforcement then work at Union Station. If you're just looking for a job don't work here.

Management is okay and varies from site to site.

Uniforms aren't good at all
It was an okay job, don't mind it. Would do it again, good hours, fair pay and is not too hard. Recommend for anyone that wants to find a good job at the airport.
So far its going okay but need an ops manager to give some guidance to the teams and to look out for them . Right now leads are left on there own for the most part and some of the leads are just out for their own benefits not looking out for the teams . But it is going the right direction and will get better .
Bad environment at work.
Long hours (minimum wage + No Benefits).

Horrible management.

THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES!

Do not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Long hours, take nothing into consideration. They'll force you to take a schedule even if you have priorities, ex; school.
Not a bad job to start with if you're looking to gain customer service experience. Job is easy if you know what you are doing and can easily make good money by working more shifts.
Great management to work for.
Training was very on key, very detailed about the job.

On the job training was excellent as well, great co workers and supervisors.
Never join the company if offer the job without mentioning the salary.Think company took you as a goat .and do not value your service.They wanted me to do training without telling me the salary package.which I don't like.
Pros
Never
Cons
Never
Due to the nature of the airport, it is a 24/7 operation and because of that, there are endless shifts available. If you want to work 90+ hour workweeks and make a ton of money through overtime, the company will not deny you that like other companies.
Pros
Endless shift opportunities, no downtime.
Cons
Primarily 12 hour shifts.
Hiring/training Manager were excellent, supervisors were not, hardly got any breaks.
very little room for advancement, unless you are willing to miss your breaks and not complain about it.

scheduling was very hard on employees/ were scheduling employees without their knowledge
If you need easy work with some stability and okay benefits this is the place for you. There isn't much to say about this job. It's brain numbing work but its really easy and you get a decent pay.
I found myself working at the main-made island airport in Toronto, without any proper training or explanation from any supervisor from this company, then after 6 months and one week, I was the one who made all the schedule and relive for people who got sick during a week and half, then I got sick of course, they called me in their office and told me I was 50 % what I should be for them, maybe they wanted my blood or maybe my soul.
What I learned from them is that no mater what you do for them was never enough.
Pros
only pro was that the people from the airport management was very nice to me
Cons
ASP management is the worse to work for
My experience with Asp was not pleasant, there is no advancement, if there is, no pay raise and when you do get better opportunity, bad reference from them.
It's fun to work at the airport, meet new people but it's not fun when the company is cheap, don't care about people and don't know what are they doing. This company have favouritism unfair.they hire more Lazy people and no proper training.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Long hours, favouritism and lazy people