AIG Employee Reviews

Great Company
Senior Underwriting Assistant, Accident and Health (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
The staff was great
The work life balance was great due to the high amount vacations days provided
Great downtown location but i lived almost 2 hours away
The management was very old school and changes were very slow
Great Company to learn about all aspect of work
Junior Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, Karnataka19 February 2018
1 Best Company to learn about the stream
2. Gives good opportunities to work in all direction
3.Consistent and good payment of bonus
4. Management and HR policies are in line
Pros
Good Hike
Cons
Hard working hours initially
Productive and fun workplace
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  National Capital Region2 December 2017
People are talented and skilled. Productivity is monitored thus coordination within support teams are good. Certification training and exams are provided.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
No work-life balance
Big company but has been unstable for years
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 September 2017
This huge company has been reorganizing since 2008 - hiring and then laying off staff again. It is all about the bottom line and even though I haven't worked there for a number of years, I am still in contact with some former co-workers who tell me that nothing has changed. They don't know from one day to the next if their job is going to be there... A lot of the jobs have been outsourced to India and the Philippines to save costs, and that is what happened to me and 14 other senior admin staff 4 years ago who all got laid off on the same day as well.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work really hard, but no real job security
Good environment to work
Catastrophe Modeling Analyst (Current Employee) –  other1 July 2017
Pros:
Good initial package.
Good work culture.
Not so bad management.
Good educational policies

Cons:
Very marginal increment on yearly basis.
Nice work enivorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2017
This was a temp job in the Head Office. Made photocopies and helped the Office Manager with personnel files making sure that everything was up to date.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No cons
Typical office desk-job
Underwriting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
I was a coop student there for 4 months and it was a good experience. Overall very monotonous job, with repeated tasks everyday. The industry itself is not exciting but the company made an effort to do outside activities such as baseball games and beer parties and Christmas celebrations.
Awesome experience
Technical Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2017
I learned all my insurance basics working at AIG and it was invaluable to me. At that time AIG was the 800 lbs gorilla of the insurance world and I would never have had that experience anywhere else.
Good company but need to improve management skills
Intermediate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
Good company but need to improve management skills. Too much over time and management is too old fashion. Company is doing oursourcing. Think again when you apply the job there.
Pros
Good benefit
Fun
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
AIG is a great place to work. I have always felt supported and I believe my manager genuinely wishes for me to succeed. Other team members are also very happy.
Great atmosphere
Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2016
Enjoyed coming into work each and everyday. Leads allowed me to get maximum exposure on Automation tools such as Rational Functional Tester.
Great work place with amazing view
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2016
It was great time working there because a typical day started with working nearby great view. However, the best part of that job was the great team effort. We had to migrate 800 system in very short and we achieved that goal. It was a great feeling.
Pros
AIG Is a forward thinking and ever progressive Company focused on providing their Clients with the best products and service to suit their needs
Training Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2016
With out a doubt this firm is very current with all technical aspects and tools to assist its employees in being as productive as possible and meeting their personal work goals.

The company encouraged goal setting for all their employees and in so doing also encouraged employees to reach and achieve if not surpass the individual goals set. This in turn made for a better environment in which to work.

One of the best things I am able to take from my time at AIG is the sense of Teamwork and the ability to always use ones initiative to the advancement of my own and the Company's benefit.

To be honest, I did not find any aspect of my work to be hard and therefor enjoyed each and every moment while working. The most enjoyable part of course is when completing a course with my students, how they would express to me their gratitude how easy I made the training for them and took the fear out of learning about technology, no matter at what level they were at.
Pros
The People
It was a pleasure to work for THE ANDREW SARLOS
Finance and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2015
This company was my first exposure to the investment industry. I was able to work with Andrew Sarlos, a famous investment guru. This unfortunately last 3 years but has been fondly remembered.
Pros
Penthouse offices and many employee benefits.
Cons
Miss many people I worked with.
Excellent Company to work for
Collection Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2015
Excellent Company to work for, it was a pleasure to have worked for this company.
Excellent HR support and company is well structured.
Pros
great hours and close to Go train
Great pay, awful middle management
Private Client Group Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2014
I worked for this company for one year. This division is trying to compete with the "BIG" boys in the private client market. They do not want to invest in technology rather make the employees work like dogs until they have to go on stress leave.

Stay away from this division of AIG at least in Canada as it's a sinking ship.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Incompetent middle management.
Candian workplace
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2014
My present job as an accounting assistant gives me the opportunity to be able to have a Canadian work place experience that is entirelly different from my former place of wwork in Nigeria. One thing I love about the job was that everybody work as a team and able to finish their task given in a short possible time frame. It also, afford me the oppunity to work in diffrent cultyre and my co-work are accommodating because thy are ready to lend a helping hand in a difficult situation.
Pros
Love to do chalenging work
Cons
Hate a boring envirobment
Good company competitive salary
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada9 June 2014
AIG was a great place to work at.
The environment was very good.
The company tried to provide a work life balance for staff.
Pros
The staff is able to participate in E-Works programme - working from home 3 days per week.
Cons
Lots of changes implemented without input from the staff.
ِ A place full of work and produciton
Financial Lines Leader (Former Employee) –  egypt16 May 2014
It was a wonderful place to work and I have learned a lot as I worked for AIGsince I graduated

Work environment was full of enthusiasm and seriousness and monitoring to deliver the highest levels of service to customers

I have learned that the man should keep his promises because insurance is a promise

Each working day was a journey for me, on the level of salesو solving customer problems or assist customers in reporting incidents

And each month was a contest until we reach the required budget

The toughest moments, when one of the colleagues has to leave the company

The most enjoyable part of the work is reviewing the monthly and quarterly achievements

The Hardest part of the job was the responsibility of providing the right cover to the client which covers his risks
emerged with new vision and management team
Zonal Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2014
Great training
Excellent management team
Expertise
Reputation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIG. Our community is ready to answer.