AIG Employee Reviews

Found 31 reviews matching the search See all 3,107 reviews
Great benefits
Business Process Associate / Legal Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sinclair, MB25 February 2019
I have 3 independents that got my health care insurance services, which means even my brothers and parents were able to go to have check-ups the is covered by the health card which is very important for me.
Great place to work with
Transaction Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region19 February 2019
AIG is a premier company that enables my career to grow and at the same time provides training especially to the task that I was involved.AIG has a good management system and a very fun working environment. Compensation wise it provides a good benefits package that is above market rate.
Pros
Good management and Salary
Cons
Always changing business strategy that affects Job tenure
Fun place to work
UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2019
I have not worked for this organization for over 12 years. At the time of my employment AIG Canada was a fun place to work while being extremely productive. I am not familiar with the current structure or management and as such cannot comment on such.
good
Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
It went through some organization change
Financially it is doing very well now
You have to be on time everyday
Be prepared to put in a lots of time to learn
Have to communicate well, speak get to the point
technically good
communicate well
Pros
big organization
Cons
long hour
QA Lead/UAT Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2018
I really want to thank you for acknowledging my work on the new thinking strategy. You put a lot of trust in me to lead that initiative, and it gave me a chance to flex my project management skills. I’m glad it had a positive outcome, and I’m particularly pleased that you saw the value in the work as well.
Aig
Bilingual Underwriter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 July 2018
Very busy and demanding, people as friendly and willing to help when needed. Very positive coworkers, not so positive management as they were pushed and much demand were requested of them.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
n/a
Aig
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON9 May 2018
Overall a very good experience of MNC culture. Good Work balance good compensation, good management and vry nice cuuture. Townhall and the events organised by HR in the form of Quarterly and annual parties are great platform.
It is fun
Business Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region25 March 2018
It is fun, sadly had to resign with them due to it is my first time having a job and it was for a night shift schedule and my body wasn't ready yet during that time.
Great Company
Senior Underwriting Assistant, Accident and Health (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
The staff was great
The work life balance was great due to the high amount vacations days provided
Great downtown location but i lived almost 2 hours away
The management was very old school and changes were very slow
Productive and fun workplace
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  National Capital Region2 December 2017
People are talented and skilled. Productivity is monitored thus coordination within support teams are good. Certification training and exams are provided.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
No work-life balance

Want to know more about AIG?

Ask a question
Big company but has been unstable for years
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 September 2017
This huge company has been reorganizing since 2008 - hiring and then laying off staff again. It is all about the bottom line and even though I haven't worked there for a number of years, I am still in contact with some former co-workers who tell me that nothing has changed. They don't know from one day to the next if their job is going to be there... A lot of the jobs have been outsourced to India and the Philippines to save costs, and that is what happened to me and 14 other senior admin staff 4 years ago who all got laid off on the same day as well.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work really hard, but no real job security
Good environment to work
Catastrophe Modeling Analyst (Current Employee) –  other1 July 2017
Pros:
Good initial package.
Good work culture.
Not so bad management.
Good educational policies

Cons:
Very marginal increment on yearly basis.
Nice work enivorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2017
This was a temp job in the Head Office. Made photocopies and helped the Office Manager with personnel files making sure that everything was up to date.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No cons
Typical office desk-job
Underwriting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
I was a coop student there for 4 months and it was a good experience. Overall very monotonous job, with repeated tasks everyday. The industry itself is not exciting but the company made an effort to do outside activities such as baseball games and beer parties and Christmas celebrations.
Awesome experience
Technical Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2017
I learned all my insurance basics working at AIG and it was invaluable to me. At that time AIG was the 800 lbs gorilla of the insurance world and I would never have had that experience anywhere else.
Good company but need to improve management skills
Intermediate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
Good company but need to improve management skills. Too much over time and management is too old fashion. Company is doing oursourcing. Think again when you apply the job there.
Pros
Good benefit
Fun
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
AIG is a great place to work. I have always felt supported and I believe my manager genuinely wishes for me to succeed. Other team members are also very happy.
Great atmosphere
Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2016
Enjoyed coming into work each and everyday. Leads allowed me to get maximum exposure on Automation tools such as Rational Functional Tester.
Great work place with amazing view
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2016
It was great time working there because a typical day started with working nearby great view. However, the best part of that job was the great team effort. We had to migrate 800 system in very short and we achieved that goal. It was a great feeling.
Pros
AIG Is a forward thinking and ever progressive Company focused on providing their Clients with the best products and service to suit their needs
Training Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2016
With out a doubt this firm is very current with all technical aspects and tools to assist its employees in being as productive as possible and meeting their personal work goals.

The company encouraged goal setting for all their employees and in so doing also encouraged employees to reach and achieve if not surpass the individual goals set. This in turn made for a better environment in which to work.

One of the best things I am able to take from my time at AIG is the sense of Teamwork and the ability to always use ones initiative to the advancement of my own and the Company's benefit.

To be honest, I did not find any aspect of my work to be hard and therefor enjoyed each and every moment while working. The most enjoyable part of course is when completing a course with my students, how they would express to me their gratitude how easy I made the training for them and took the fear out of learning about technology, no matter at what level they were at.
Pros
The People
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIG. Our community is ready to answer.

41K