Here to help: Coronavirus update

AIG Employee Reviews

Canada39 reviews
Great workplace but poor management experience
Great team, i left due to poor management. Colleagues were wonderful. Difficult to advance within the company. Due to manager entire team left within 6 months
Pros
working from home
O experiență interesantă dar...
Nu mi-a plăcut managementul. Unul din manageri învăța un consultant începător sa-i ia banii clientului prin orice mijloace. Managerul nu era interesat decât de câștigul de moment. Nu își punea problema că dacă păcălește clientul ca acesta să plătească o primă mai mare decât ar fi putut, pe viitor, sa ducă ar fi existat o probabilitate foarte mare că acesta să renunțe. Ce vreau să remarc este faptul că astfel de manager care nu gândesc în perspectivă pentru o afacere durabilă, nu au ce căuta acolo
Pros
Colegi de excepție
Cons
Management prost
Analyst
low job security, restructure
no pay increases for the last decade

no flexibility work environment

good culture

good people

limited career growth opportunity
An excellent atmosphere with wonderful people
Working at AIG was one of the best experiences I have ever had regarding it's atmosphere and it's training which allowed for an easy paced learning environment
not much growth
I worked here as a co-op student. Was able to apply what i learned in school to work. Management was good but there were no room to grow or move up or to return.
AIG Work experience summary
AIG Insurance is an insurance company which at that time I used to be a promoter gathering customer data as well as providing customers discounts regarding their travel, home and auto as well as life insurance. Life insurance is the most trickiest yet challenging insurance to promote as most of the customers would walk away.
Pros
Discounts on their insurnces
Cons
Major focus was on promoting their life insurances
Chill Job
Good place to work. Very relaxed, not an overly competitive environment, and a very fair work-life balance in terms of a role in the financial services industry.
Solid Company
AIG is a great employer, work life balance is not great. It's a fast paced, busy environment that demands a lot from its employees. Its said that a year with AIG is like 7 elsewhere. The people are friendly, helpful and will answer questions. I work in a great team environment, but some people still think of the old "Us vs. Them" mentality.
Great place - geat people and a wonderful culture
Great place - great people and a wonderful culture, leadership is earnest and well meaning … but big isn't always better. this is an industry leader top of the heap go there only if that is where you want to be.
Pros
Industry Leader
Cons
Always "cutting costs" which of course = "corners"
Great benefits
I have 3 independents that got my health care insurance services, which means even my brothers and parents were able to go to have check-ups the is covered by the health card which is very important for me.
Great place to work with
AIG is a premier company that enables my career to grow and at the same time provides training especially to the task that I was involved.AIG has a good management system and a very fun working environment. Compensation wise it provides a good benefits package that is above market rate.
Pros
Good management and Salary
Cons
Always changing business strategy that affects Job tenure
Fun place to work
I have not worked for this organization for over 12 years. At the time of my employment AIG Canada was a fun place to work while being extremely productive. I am not familiar with the current structure or management and as such cannot comment on such.
good
It went through some organization change
Financially it is doing very well now

You have to be on time everyday

Be prepared to put in a lots of time to learn

Have to communicate well, speak get to the point

technically good

communicate well
Pros
big organization
Cons
long hour
I really want to thank you for acknowledging my work on the new thinking strategy. You put a lot of trust in me to lead that initiative, and it gave me a chance to flex my project management skills. I’m glad it had a positive outcome, and I’m particularly pleased that you saw the value in the work as well.
Aig
Very busy and demanding, people as friendly and willing to help when needed. Very positive coworkers, not so positive management as they were pushed and much demand were requested of them.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
n/a
Aig
Overall a very good experience of MNC culture. Good Work balance good compensation, good management and vry nice cuuture. Townhall and the events organised by HR in the form of Quarterly and annual parties are great platform.
It is fun
It is fun, sadly had to resign with them due to it is my first time having a job and it was for a night shift schedule and my body wasn't ready yet during that time.
Great Company
The staff was great
The work life balance was great due to the high amount vacations days provided

Great downtown location but i lived almost 2 hours away

The management was very old school and changes were very slow
Productive and fun workplace
People are talented and skilled. Productivity is monitored thus coordination within support teams are good. Certification training and exams are provided.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
No work-life balance
Big company but has been unstable for years
This huge company has been reorganizing since 2008 - hiring and then laying off staff again. It is all about the bottom line and even though I haven't worked there for a number of years, I am still in contact with some former co-workers who tell me that nothing has changed. They don't know from one day to the next if their job is going to be there... A lot of the jobs have been outsourced to India and the Philippines to save costs, and that is what happened to me and 14 other senior admin staff 4 years ago who all got laid off on the same day as well.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work really hard, but no real job security
Good environment to work
Pros:
Good initial package.

Good work culture.

Not so bad management.

Good educational policies

Cons:

Very marginal increment on yearly basis.