AIG

Canada44 reviews

Found 44 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,259 reviews
teamcompanymanagementgoodpeopletimegreatjob

productive with good co-workers

Fast paced with plenty to do so the day goes by fast. Lots of help from others. Interacting with co-workers was enjoyable. Upper management was approachable

Modern building located at Union Station makes it easy to commute.

AIG provides a pleasant work culture for employees to work three days at home and two days in the office. Continued education and courses are available on the system. One hour lunch breaks; coffee and tea provided. A good IT team to help with issues. The computer system needs urgent upgrading and AIG has been working on it. The least pleasant experience was that many departments were often short-staffed. The best part of working in the AIG A&H department was the cooperative spirit of the employees.

Pros

Work from home three days a week is allowed.

Cons

No gym membership was available.

Insights into AIG

• Supportive environment
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Loyalty is recognized

AIG Canada wants it's employees to succeed and management is very supportive and understanding. The work is varied and challenging. I would recommend AIG Canada.

Pros

authority is commensurate with experience and qualifications

Cons

Unit Managers seem to be overworked sometimes

Once upon a time

Great place to start a career, if you are willing to continue to learn, opportunities exist to grow. The people were great to work with, some more helpful then others. The 7 of the 9 years I worked here were great, last two not so much. Could be the current social/political issues that influence my departure. All in all my experience was positive.

Terrible

Not recommended . Terrible place to work. Nothing positive really about this company but maybe things changed recently. Think twice before making a move to this company.

O experiență interesantă dar...

Nu mi-a plăcut managementul. Unul din manageri învăța un consultant începător sa-i ia banii clientului prin orice mijloace. Managerul nu era interesat decât de câștigul de moment. Nu își punea problema că dacă păcălește clientul ca acesta să plătească o primă mai mare decât ar fi putut, pe viitor, sa ducă ar fi existat o probabilitate foarte mare că acesta să renunțe. Ce vreau să remarc este faptul că astfel de manager care nu gândesc în perspectivă pentru o afacere durabilă, nu au ce căuta acolo

Pros

Colegi de excepție

Cons

Management prost

Great workplace but poor management experience

Great team, i left due to poor management. Colleagues were wonderful. Difficult to advance within the company. Due to manager entire team left within 6 months

Pros

working from home

Analyst

low job security, restructure no pay increases for the last decade no flexibility work environment good culture good people limited career growth opportunity

An excellent atmosphere with wonderful people

Working at AIG was one of the best experiences I have ever had regarding it's atmosphere and it's training which allowed for an easy paced learning environment

not much growth

I worked here as a co-op student. Was able to apply what i learned in school to work. Management was good but there were no room to grow or move up or to return.

AIG Work experience summary

AIG Insurance is an insurance company which at that time I used to be a promoter gathering customer data as well as providing customers discounts regarding their travel, home and auto as well as life insurance. Life insurance is the most trickiest yet challenging insurance to promote as most of the customers would walk away.

Pros

Discounts on their insurnces

Cons

Major focus was on promoting their life insurances

Chill Job

Good place to work. Very relaxed, not an overly competitive environment, and a very fair work-life balance in terms of a role in the financial services industry.

Solid Company

AIG is a great employer, work life balance is not great. It's a fast paced, busy environment that demands a lot from its employees. Its said that a year with AIG is like 7 elsewhere. The people are friendly, helpful and will answer questions. I work in a great team environment, but some people still think of the old "Us vs. Them" mentality.

Managed daily distribution Performed filing system efficiently Scanning clients and brokers documents and keeping records respectively Good collaboration with other team members

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Healthcare

Great place - geat people and a wonderful culture

Great place - great people and a wonderful culture, leadership is earnest and well meaning … but big isn't always better. this is an industry leader top of the heap go there only if that is where you want to be.

Pros

Industry Leader

Cons

Always "cutting costs" which of course = "corners"

Great benefits

I have 3 independents that got my health care insurance services, which means even my brothers and parents were able to go to have check-ups the is covered by the health card which is very important for me.

Great place to work with

AIG is a premier company that enables my career to grow and at the same time provides training especially to the task that I was involved.AIG has a good management system and a very fun working environment. Compensation wise it provides a good benefits package that is above market rate.

Pros

Good management and Salary

Cons

Always changing business strategy that affects Job tenure

Fun place to work

I have not worked for this organization for over 12 years. At the time of my employment AIG Canada was a fun place to work while being extremely productive. I am not familiar with the current structure or management and as such cannot comment on such.

good

It went through some organization change Financially it is doing very well now You have to be on time everyday Be prepared to put in a lots of time to learn Have to communicate well, speak get to the point technically good communicate well

Pros

big organization

Cons

long hour

I really want to thank you for acknowledging my work on the new thinking strategy. You put a lot of trust in me to lead that initiative, and it gave me a chance to flex my project management skills. I’m glad it had a positive outcome, and I’m particularly pleased that you saw the value in the work as well.

Aig

Very busy and demanding, people as friendly and willing to help when needed. Very positive coworkers, not so positive management as they were pushed and much demand were requested of them.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Cons

n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement