AIG

AIG Employee Reviews

Great place to start a career, if you are willing to continue to learn, opportunities exist to grow. The people were great to work with, some more helpful then others. The 7 of the 9 years I worked here were great, last two not so much. Could be the current social/political issues that influence my departure. All in all my experience was positive.
AIG Canada wants it's employees to succeed and management is very supportive and understanding. The work is varied and challenging. I would recommend AIG Canada.
Pros
authority is commensurate with experience and qualifications
Cons
Unit Managers seem to be overworked sometimes
Not recommended . Terrible place to work. Nothing positive really about this company but maybe things changed recently. Think twice before making a move to this company.
Nu mi-a plăcut managementul. Unul din manageri învăța un consultant începător sa-i ia banii clientului prin orice mijloace. Managerul nu era interesat decât de câștigul de moment. Nu își punea problema că dacă păcălește clientul ca acesta să plătească o primă mai mare decât ar fi putut, pe viitor, sa ducă ar fi existat o probabilitate foarte mare că acesta să renunțe. Ce vreau să remarc este faptul că astfel de manager care nu gândesc în perspectivă pentru o afacere durabilă, nu au ce căuta acolo
Pros
Colegi de excepție
Cons
Management prost
Great team, i left due to poor management. Colleagues were wonderful. Difficult to advance within the company. Due to manager entire team left within 6 months
Pros
working from home
low job security, restructure no pay increases for the last decade no flexibility work environment good culture good people limited career growth opportunity
Working at AIG was one of the best experiences I have ever had regarding it's atmosphere and it's training which allowed for an easy paced learning environment
I worked here as a co-op student. Was able to apply what i learned in school to work. Management was good but there were no room to grow or move up or to return.
AIG Insurance is an insurance company which at that time I used to be a promoter gathering customer data as well as providing customers discounts regarding their travel, home and auto as well as life insurance. Life insurance is the most trickiest yet challenging insurance to promote as most of the customers would walk away.
Pros
Discounts on their insurnces
Cons
Major focus was on promoting their life insurances
Good place to work. Very relaxed, not an overly competitive environment, and a very fair work-life balance in terms of a role in the financial services industry.
AIG is a great employer, work life balance is not great. It's a fast paced, busy environment that demands a lot from its employees. Its said that a year with AIG is like 7 elsewhere. The people are friendly, helpful and will answer questions. I work in a great team environment, but some people still think of the old "Us vs. Them" mentality.
Great place - great people and a wonderful culture, leadership is earnest and well meaning … but big isn't always better. this is an industry leader top of the heap go there only if that is where you want to be.
Pros
Industry Leader
Cons
Always "cutting costs" which of course = "corners"
I have 3 independents that got my health care insurance services, which means even my brothers and parents were able to go to have check-ups the is covered by the health card which is very important for me.
AIG is a premier company that enables my career to grow and at the same time provides training especially to the task that I was involved.AIG has a good management system and a very fun working environment. Compensation wise it provides a good benefits package that is above market rate.
Pros
Good management and Salary
Cons
Always changing business strategy that affects Job tenure
I have not worked for this organization for over 12 years. At the time of my employment AIG Canada was a fun place to work while being extremely productive. I am not familiar with the current structure or management and as such cannot comment on such.
It went through some organization change Financially it is doing very well now You have to be on time everyday Be prepared to put in a lots of time to learn Have to communicate well, speak get to the point technically good communicate well
Pros
big organization
Cons
long hour
I really want to thank you for acknowledging my work on the new thinking strategy. You put a lot of trust in me to lead that initiative, and it gave me a chance to flex my project management skills. I’m glad it had a positive outcome, and I’m particularly pleased that you saw the value in the work as well.
Very busy and demanding, people as friendly and willing to help when needed. Very positive coworkers, not so positive management as they were pushed and much demand were requested of them.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
n/a
Overall a very good experience of MNC culture. Good Work balance good compensation, good management and vry nice cuuture. Townhall and the events organised by HR in the form of Quarterly and annual parties are great platform.
It is fun, sadly had to resign with them due to it is my first time having a job and it was for a night shift schedule and my body wasn't ready yet during that time.
The staff was great The work life balance was great due to the high amount vacations days provided Great downtown location but i lived almost 2 hours away The management was very old school and changes were very slow
  1. Employee reviews