AECOM Employee Reviews

Its a good place to work
Pipeline Labourer (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB14 March 2017
I like AECOM has alot good people and a lot of willing to learn. Pay day nice to get once a week and they attempt to have you home nightly. And high on safety
Pros
Tool crib on top of yoyr needs
Cons
Equipment could be better
No Fun or Games Here
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB11 March 2017
This company requires individuals to work hard. The oil industry is not a place to play as the work is serious and lives matter. Lots of fresh air on the oil fields along with opportunity to work overtime when the industry picks up.
Pros
fair wages, overtime opportunities
Cons
Hard Work, Can be long hours working in extreme weather conditions - hot in summer, cold in winter
Horrible
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB9 March 2017
Watch your back!!! A lot of shady dealings go on. If the higher ups ever went to our shop and seen what was going on they would flip out!! The shop foreman would not stick up for his mechanics
Decent office with untapped potential
Structural EIT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 March 2017
A well established work space but a need to have a stronger community within it.
Management were quite distant at times, and not always there to offer guidance.
The hardest part was trying to move forward with an inexperienced team, and constantly hitting brick walls.
I met some really decent people in this company, and came away with an appreciation of Transmission and Distribution sector.
Pros
Organized sporting events
Cons
Remote location in Burnaby; office space not integrated
not sure how this commpany will survive in the future
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary7 March 2017
bad management.
been with this company for many years and let go recently; my department manager or the topper leaders were changed 4 or 5 times in about10 years.
Pros
co workers
Cons
management
Workplace environment is great
Senior JD Edwards Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2017
The team of people I work with are a group of very dedicated and knowledgable people alway available to leand a hand to help you out and talk with.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Open workspace office environment
Alright place to work, depending on management
Steamfitter/Pipefitter , Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2017
Most management works with employees, good safety attitude. Would be better if the company could keep employees more busy
Pros
Good wages
Cons
No steady work
interesting to learn shutdown work
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2017
it has been a good place to work so far. learning about on site maintainance. only bad part is the travel to camps. good team workers
Pros
have work
Cons
none so far
Great Management and staff
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 February 2017
Always treated well and was a very friendly team orientated work atmosphere. Would continue to work for them if there wasn't a shortage of work. Great learning environment for starting out in the trade.
good
Welder Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2017
working with this company is enjoyable and a nice workplace, i did learned a lot over there also met nice people, the workplace culture is fun.it was great working there.
I enjoyed working here. I liked the people i worked with
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB9 February 2017
I learned how to build stations from the well heads to the building.
The site supervisers where good to work for they tought me a lot about why we did things the way we did.
Challenging and Fast Paced
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta29 January 2017
While working for Aecom I was challenged in every aspect of my day. When tasks were mastered, there was always something more to do to challenge and grow my skills.
Summary of AECOM
Senior Project Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake Alberta24 January 2017
I have worked for a few global firms but AECOM is a company where if you dream it you can make it happen. I have never felt so connected to a company in my entire life, I found a company which has the same belief system as me, I hope I have the chance to work with this firm again.
Pros
Excellence communication, caring environment.
Cons
So old school thinking which is on it's way out.
Great company to work for!
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Hardisty, AB19 January 2017
I enjoyed working for AECOM. I worked for them at two different locations and worked under two different management teams. There is a strong safety presence within the company. There were several instances where the proper tool for the job was not available.
Pros
Safety
Cons
Tool availability
Great company
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 January 2017
I have worked for AECOM at two different locations and had complete different management teams at each job. I enjoyed working for this company. They were very accommodating with me when I was preparing to go to school and provided me with employment when school was finished.
Pros
Safety
Cons
Tool availability
Canadian group is very secure
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta13 January 2017
I have only worked for the industrial construction division located in Alberta Canada. They are a very tight group that appreciates hard work. The management that is in place, is very hands on and are in their positions due to the hard work and dedication they have put in to get there. They reward hard work and have done an excellent job of keeping their core group of workers employed through tight times in the marketplace.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Moved to smaller size jobs since taking over URS/Flint
A large and diverse organisation
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB11 January 2017
It has been a productive experience with them. They tend to care more about bean counting and productivity than employee satisfaction or work life balance. Not much employee input allowed and the company is very poor for information dissemination.
Was an enjoyable workplace until cut backs happened.
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lampman, SK4 January 2017
Too much indecision since buyout and cut backs. Lost a lot of benefits. Have to work too far from home, only see my family on weekends. Had great co-workers, but most of them have quit due to job insecurity.
Pros
Safe work place
Cons
Loss of benefits, too much indecision
Good companey
Red seal pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 January 2017
Good companey to work for , all trades worked together good.companey has some reall good supervisor who know what they are doing and who can make a job go good and smooth
OK place.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 December 2016
You get overworked if you do good work. They are mostly concerned with selling hours and squeezing the most out of their employees. They have pretty high turnover.

People in general are good to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

41K