AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 328 reviews matching the search See all 3,511 reviews
Corporate machine with terrible work culture
Peon #56,384 (Former Employee) –  Western Canada24 November 2017
When it’s busy, great. When it slows down you better hope you can find chargeable hours, if not, get ready to find another job because they are watching. Too many weeks with low numbers and you’re out . Terrible work culture, no social culture, no Christmas party, no family feel; you are literally a cog in the machine. They do nothing to show appreciation for your work. It’s a rancid, toxic place unless they decide they like you for the moment, then it’s all good. Once you’re done bending over backwards for them, you’re out. The only saving grace is the other people you work with. Managers have no time to do reviews or help advance you. They expect you to order your life as work first, clients second, yourself last. Management & execs are only out for themselves. People who are trying to advance their careers don’t stay with this company long.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No appreciation, no social culture, no job security
Good people, well ran projects
Maintenance Electrican (Former Employee) –  Husky Sunrise21 November 2017
I have worked for Aecom and associated companies for over 15 years. I have had the opportunity to fill many positions over the years and have always been happy with my work environment and the level of safety they provided. I would work for them anytime.
good company to work for
Apprentice Pipefitter and Welders Helper (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK17 November 2017
pay well and try to keep you working.... They have a good benifits package and follow a good safety regime. I would really love to work for them again.
Pros
paid LOA and travel
Cons
N/a
Environnement de travail
Sous-traitance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 November 2017
un environnement convivial et agréable bonne communication.
good environment
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 November 2017
management very good, took care of any issues promptly.safe working atmosphere.and a good crew.i would recommend working for them anytime.we were able to safely do our job and the guys always had good communication with each other.
Good People Productive and Positive
Pipefitter Helper (Current Employee) –  Fort St John26 October 2017
Organized Very Polite People Great To Work For Understanding And Willing To Teach Hardest Part Of Any Oilfield Job Is The Weather Conditions I Enjoyed Every Task I've Done.
Pros
Slow Work
Cons
Steady Work Good Hours And Wage
was good
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 October 2017
had a ton of fun with good group of guys. finished the job on time and on budget. learned a bunch and taught others a ton aswell. would work with the company again
Open door policy. Easy to work for.
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 October 2017
I enjoyed my time working with the company. It was safe. Productive yet fun. They made sure l was comfortable with every job situation l was placed in. There was the message to the employee. There is no silly questions to be asked.
Pros
Camp
Great place to work !
Maintenance S/D Turrnaround Planner (Current Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB19 October 2017
The atmosphere here is very positive. Everyone is helpful and the feeling is that we are all on the same team.
Everyday begins with the morning "Toolbox" where we are kept sharp each day by discussing safety& safety issues.
We then go out for a stretch then go about our day.
Pros
Flight, camp, bussing, and food are all included !
Cons
I am not a Steady State employee .... hopefully soon !
Good working culture
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 October 2017
AECOM is large consultancy firm. The company employs talented professionals in various fields. Good organization to work for. Friendly people and balanced working environment.
Could be better
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 October 2017
AECOM is one of the giants in the industry. In this type of international organizations, employee satisfaction may change from location to another. My experience was with the Alberta branch so it is specific to location. The resources you will have is more than adequate however level of professionalism is questionable. Upper management is mostly coming from trades, less educated, more experienced. This could be a good thing if they could educate themselves on the level of the posts they sit in, however, it is not the case most of the time for AECOM. Favoritism is also a big problem, it does not matter how you perform if you are not from the 'neigbourhood'.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Joffre, AB14 October 2017
Great place to work, great culture. learned lots. Work outside, would recommend to others. Lots of enjoyable parts to the job. Just need an inside job now
Good All round
QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2017
Worked as QC INspector on various sites and shops Good company, great people and good facilities both here in Calgary and Grand Prairie.
Paid LOA out of town.
Paid for my truck
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
out of town work
Show up and work, maybe for a little less than what your used too.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  SK7 October 2017
These guys are alright to work for. Not the best, not the worst. Work hard, show up fit for work and you'll be fine. They are an industrial electrical company, so if things are slow, don't expect long term employment out of them.
Pros
not bad pay + merit benifits
Cons
Poorly managed on some fronts. where isnt?
Well organized with all the Proper Procedures in place.
QC Manager / Technical Services Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2017
This company has one of the best QA/QC programs that I have ever worked with. As with all large companies there is a small problem with getting the field level construction personnel to buy into the procedures put in place to ensure compliance to the QC program. The old saying "If you are relying on Quality to check your work it is to late". This is not just relevant to this company as it seems to be the norm these days.
Large Faceless Corporation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 September 2017
Very large, faceless corporation that seems to have forgotten it's the people underneath management that make it run.
Management is hit or miss; some invest in you while others are too busy trying to keep utilization up.
The culture is quiet; there isn't much ongoing in the way of office socialization so people tend to come in, do their job and go home. Some small groups have formed cliques but it's pretty quiet. Too much socialization is looked down on so it tends to happen outside of the office.
While I wouldn't stay for management, I would stay for the people you work with. While busy and not overly social, you do form friendships and camaraderie with people who make the day enjoyable.
Pros
The people you work with
Disjointed
Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2017
The company grows by acquisitions and as a result the uniformity that it tries to achieve struggles, this is also hampered by the fact that it is a large public company that's main goal is to meet quarterly targets.
Was a good work atmoshere
Apprentice Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Ft Mckay12 September 2017
As a whole the company was pretty good. The scaffolding Supers were a little out of their element, but managed pretty well. the crews were great and the work was typical, some slow times and some hair straight back times. The client was pretty easy to get along with and were supportive of the maintence crews
Great place to work.
Laborer/Welder's helper (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB11 September 2017
I worked for AECOM for 6 year and I loved it. The friendly co-workers and foreman make it a great place to learn how to do your job and do it safely. I would have stayed there for life but the shop was starting to close their doors because of lack of work.
Pros
Great people and the work it's self
Cons
Closing of the shop
very un organized
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB7 September 2017
poor management, way too many apprentices working for the amount of journeyman. poor communication between management and employees. lack of motivation from management and supervisors.
Pros
friendly
Cons
ethics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K