AECOM Employee Reviews

was good
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 October 2017
had a ton of fun with good group of guys. finished the job on time and on budget. learned a bunch and taught others a ton aswell. would work with the company again
Open door policy. Easy to work for.
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 October 2017
I enjoyed my time working with the company. It was safe. Productive yet fun. They made sure l was comfortable with every job situation l was placed in. There was the message to the employee. There is no silly questions to be asked.
Pros
Camp
Great place to work !
Maintenance S/D Turrnaround Planner (Current Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB19 October 2017
The atmosphere here is very positive. Everyone is helpful and the feeling is that we are all on the same team.
Everyday begins with the morning "Toolbox" where we are kept sharp each day by discussing safety& safety issues.
We then go out for a stretch then go about our day.
Pros
Flight, camp, bussing, and food are all included !
Cons
I am not a Steady State employee .... hopefully soon !
Good working culture
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 October 2017
AECOM is large consultancy firm. The company employs talented professionals in various fields. Good organization to work for. Friendly people and balanced working environment.
Could be better
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 October 2017
AECOM is one of the giants in the industry. In this type of international organizations, employee satisfaction may change from location to another. My experience was with the Alberta branch so it is specific to location. The resources you will have is more than adequate however level of professionalism is questionable. Upper management is mostly coming from trades, less educated, more experienced. This could be a good thing if they could educate themselves on the level of the posts they sit in, however, it is not the case most of the time for AECOM. Favoritism is also a big problem, it does not matter how you perform if you are not from the 'neigbourhood'.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Joffre, AB14 October 2017
Great place to work, great culture. learned lots. Work outside, would recommend to others. Lots of enjoyable parts to the job. Just need an inside job now
Good All round
QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2017
Worked as QC INspector on various sites and shops Good company, great people and good facilities both here in Calgary and Grand Prairie.
Paid LOA out of town.
Paid for my truck
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
out of town work
Show up and work, maybe for a little less than what your used too.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  SK7 October 2017
These guys are alright to work for. Not the best, not the worst. Work hard, show up fit for work and you'll be fine. They are an industrial electrical company, so if things are slow, don't expect long term employment out of them.
Pros
not bad pay + merit benifits
Cons
Poorly managed on some fronts. where isnt?
Well organized with all the Proper Procedures in place.
QC Manager / Technical Services Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2017
This company has one of the best QA/QC programs that I have ever worked with. As with all large companies there is a small problem with getting the field level construction personnel to buy into the procedures put in place to ensure compliance to the QC program. The old saying "If you are relying on Quality to check your work it is to late". This is not just relevant to this company as it seems to be the norm these days.
Large Faceless Corporation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 September 2017
Very large, faceless corporation that seems to have forgotten it's the people underneath management that make it run.
Management is hit or miss; some invest in you while others are too busy trying to keep utilization up.
The culture is quiet; there isn't much ongoing in the way of office socialization so people tend to come in, do their job and go home. Some small groups have formed cliques but it's pretty quiet. Too much socialization is looked down on so it tends to happen outside of the office.
While I wouldn't stay for management, I would stay for the people you work with. While busy and not overly social, you do form friendships and camaraderie with people who make the day enjoyable.
Pros
The people you work with
Disjointed
Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2017
The company grows by acquisitions and as a result the uniformity that it tries to achieve struggles, this is also hampered by the fact that it is a large public company that's main goal is to meet quarterly targets.
Was a good work atmoshere
Apprentice Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Ft Mckay12 September 2017
As a whole the company was pretty good. The scaffolding Supers were a little out of their element, but managed pretty well. the crews were great and the work was typical, some slow times and some hair straight back times. The client was pretty easy to get along with and were supportive of the maintence crews
Great place to work.
Laborer/Welder's helper (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB11 September 2017
I worked for AECOM for 6 year and I loved it. The friendly co-workers and foreman make it a great place to learn how to do your job and do it safely. I would have stayed there for life but the shop was starting to close their doors because of lack of work.
Pros
Great people and the work it's self
Cons
Closing of the shop
very un organized
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB7 September 2017
poor management, way too many apprentices working for the amount of journeyman. poor communication between management and employees. lack of motivation from management and supervisors.
Pros
friendly
Cons
ethics
No work life balance.
PROJECT COORDINATOR/ENGINEER-IN-TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 September 2017
Review of this company is out of date (10 years), I trust things have improved. The staff made it a fun place to work, however, the management and expectations of staff and their time was a disapointment.
no progressive work load
Mechanical Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON6 September 2017
low work load, sitting idle most of the time.
More training sessions at work than practical work exposure.
not friendly at all. work place politics. communication gap.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no work load
Great company
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  White City, SK5 September 2017
I've worked on and off for this company many of years.
Wish it was consist as i could stay stable to my family.
Stability and commitment is what a company wants as is what i want.
Thanks
Productive workplace
Project Controls Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 September 2017
Salary/ benefits relatively higher.
Productive workplace.
Modern office space.
In-house training program.
Implement health and safety program.
Nothing more to add
Enjoyable workplace
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2017
Nice work place with complete amenities, the food and accommodation are fantastic. working environment so awesome.
teamwork and acquaintances highly considerable by the management. The gym complete equipment I enjoy exercise and play ping pong sometimes.
Pros
Food and Accomodation
Cons
Fair Hours
Still building the AECOM brand
Project Manger (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 August 2017
Good company to work for. I liked my position as a Flint employee. The AECOM transition is still in the building stages and they still need to get a foot hold in the oil and gas sector outside the Flint name.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K