AECOM Employee Reviews

Global sharing internal news with staff. High discipline but pleasure.
Site Engineer/ Piling Eng. (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region15 January 2018
Chance to learn many standards from Industried Countries.
Reciprocal review of staff and management.
Global mobility.
Relax after high pressure of urgent work load.
Productive and fun work place
Steamfitter/ Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 January 2018
The hardest job part is winter when installing the pipe on the highest elevations. Even the hydro testing for preparation the flanges to install the pipe with the high temperature
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
decent company to work for if you work hard
Electrician (Lead Hand) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2018
good company, work hard and you will go far, sometime the run out of work and tell you to sit which sucks. But usually when you call them they will get back to you
Fast paced
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2018
Very busy place to work, lots of people who have been there 10 plus years so it was an overall good working experience. Great company and would work for them again.
Management is a constant headache
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Alberta6 January 2018
Hostility from management. Refusing to pay wages earned. Constant breach of collective agreement. Reluctant to sign out required ppe or forget entirely to supply needed equipment. I suggest you consider this company last.
Pros
Fly in/out shift work
Cons
Management, Pay issues
great company
Plumber and pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB27 December 2017
great place to work.safe, great people to work with. management was organized and took care of the workers. No task was unsafe and easily understood directions. made lots of friends, and hope to work with wacom again.
Company payed well
Welder's Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 December 2017
I was there for a shut down only 3 weeks, company itself was good. Did not have any problems. The camp sucked stayed at many camps but did not like cnrl.
Pros
pay
Cons
camp
Aecom
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2017
They pay particularly low, I have never been paid so low. The in town 10-4 shift is hard for a parent, They made us strip the cable and put it in a pile so the scraps, all of the scraps, should be taken infer reimbursement, they even wanted the shield off the tech cable in a pile, it was bizarre.
Great Safety Culture
Service Writer - Maintenance Department (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 December 2017
AECOM cares about the safety of their employees and consistently pushes safety in all aspects of work through observation cards submitted by employees, and safety audits.
Pros
Safety is first and foremost
Cons
Not consistent enough work.
Great Company And Employees
Pipeline Construction Labourer (Current Employee) –  Vermilion, AB4 December 2017
Great company, Good working environment, Everyone is willing to help at any given time, not afraid to go outside their scope of work.
Management is good for advancement and sending you for training where required
Pros
Cons
not knowing when going to be off
Corporate machine with terrible work culture
Peon #56,384 (Former Employee) –  Western Canada24 November 2017
When it’s busy, great. When it slows down you better hope you can find chargeable hours, if not, get ready to find another job because they are watching. Too many weeks with low numbers and you’re out . Terrible work culture, no social culture, no Christmas party, no family feel; you are literally a cog in the machine. They do nothing to show appreciation for your work. It’s a rancid, toxic place unless they decide they like you for the moment, then it’s all good. Once you’re done bending over backwards for them, you’re out. The only saving grace is the other people you work with. Managers have no time to do reviews or help advance you. They expect you to order your life as work first, clients second, yourself last. Management & execs are only out for themselves. People who are trying to advance their careers don’t stay with this company long.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No appreciation, no social culture, no job security
Good people, well ran projects
Maintenance Electrican (Former Employee) –  Husky Sunrise21 November 2017
I have worked for Aecom and associated companies for over 15 years. I have had the opportunity to fill many positions over the years and have always been happy with my work environment and the level of safety they provided. I would work for them anytime.
good company to work for
Apprentice Pipefitter and Welders Helper (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK17 November 2017
pay well and try to keep you working.... They have a good benifits package and follow a good safety regime. I would really love to work for them again.
Pros
paid LOA and travel
Cons
N/a
Environnement de travail
Sous-traitance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 November 2017
un environnement convivial et agréable bonne communication.
good environment
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 November 2017
management very good, took care of any issues promptly.safe working atmosphere.and a good crew.i would recommend working for them anytime.we were able to safely do our job and the guys always had good communication with each other.
Good People Productive and Positive
Pipefitter Helper (Current Employee) –  Fort St John26 October 2017
Organized Very Polite People Great To Work For Understanding And Willing To Teach Hardest Part Of Any Oilfield Job Is The Weather Conditions I Enjoyed Every Task I've Done.
Pros
Slow Work
Cons
Steady Work Good Hours And Wage
was good
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 October 2017
had a ton of fun with good group of guys. finished the job on time and on budget. learned a bunch and taught others a ton aswell. would work with the company again
Open door policy. Easy to work for.
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 October 2017
I enjoyed my time working with the company. It was safe. Productive yet fun. They made sure l was comfortable with every job situation l was placed in. There was the message to the employee. There is no silly questions to be asked.
Pros
Camp
Great place to work !
Maintenance S/D Turrnaround Planner (Current Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB19 October 2017
The atmosphere here is very positive. Everyone is helpful and the feeling is that we are all on the same team.
Everyday begins with the morning "Toolbox" where we are kept sharp each day by discussing safety& safety issues.
We then go out for a stretch then go about our day.
Pros
Flight, camp, bussing, and food are all included !
Cons
I am not a Steady State employee .... hopefully soon !
Good working culture
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 October 2017
AECOM is large consultancy firm. The company employs talented professionals in various fields. Good organization to work for. Friendly people and balanced working environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51K