AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 326 reviews matching the search See all 3,608 reviews
nice place to work at
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 December 2018
nice people, nice building, and boss was cool. Location was convenient. And my partner was cool. My job was pretty easy, learned a lot from working there, like using computers and helping others.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
place was far from where i lived
great co workers
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 October 2018
good place to work with great coworkers. awesome atmosphere with great pay. i was only there for a shut down shift but i had a great experience and the foremen were awesome
Pros
camp life, free food, great pay
Cons
no cons
They will replace you at the drop of a hat!
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary27 October 2018
I worked on site for the company for a number of years. At the end of the project I was relocated to HQ in Calgary.
I saw a number of layoffs in my time there because of lack of work. This involved many senior staff.
New staff came in and although my job seemed secure I was let go as I didn't fit the profile of their new team.
Pros
Free coffee and tea!
Cons
long commute, expected to work OT for no extra remuneration.
Excellent client service.
Pipeline Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Olds, AB10 February 2018
Excellent client service.
Industry-recognized EH&S programs.
Good company culture.
Good living out allowance.
Competitive compensation.
Long periods living away from home not conducive for family life.
Very shocking
E&I (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 June 2018
I was working well with them efficiently and very competent throughout my career with them. But all of the sudden they send me home without any warning, without any explanation.T hey have strong grouping and never let you stay in if you are more experienced and talented then them. And I stupidity accepted the advice of union steward that don't go for grievances and sign the paper.
Great Company And Employees
Pipeline Construction Labourer (Current Employee) –  Vermilion, AB4 December 2017
Great company, Good working environment, Everyone is willing to help at any given time, not afraid to go outside their scope of work.
Management is good for advancement and sending you for training where required
Pros
Cons
not knowing when going to be off
Corporate machine with terrible work culture
Peon #56,384 (Former Employee) –  Western Canada24 November 2017
When it’s busy, great. When it slows down you better hope you can find chargeable hours, if not, get ready to find another job because they are watching. Too many weeks with low numbers and you’re out . Terrible work culture, no social culture, no Christmas party, no family feel; you are literally a cog in the machine. They do nothing to show appreciation for your work. It’s a rancid, toxic place unless they decide they like you for the moment, then it’s all good. Once you’re done bending over backwards for them, you’re out. The only saving grace is the other people you work with. Managers have no time to do reviews or help advance you. They expect you to order your life as work first, clients second, yourself last. Management & execs are only out for themselves. People who are trying to advance their careers don’t stay with this company long.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No appreciation, no social culture, no job security
Not cohesive,
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2018
Poor management, policies are reactive and management has difficulty instilling a team culture. Every one to his own until the end of a project. Then goodbye. Experience and loyalty is not a major team building value.
Worked there for 4 years
Electrical / instrumentation god (Former Employee) –  Cnrl horizon18 May 2018
I worked here for 4 years on E&I maintenance and they bent over backwards to keep me around. They put me through a instrument apprenticeship and am now dual ticketed. Management was approachable and great. I am a guy that reviews honestly and i cannot say anything bad about these guys. Maybe give us more ot. Lol
Pros
Free water, free ppe
Cons
Boring tasks at times
Transportation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON15 May 2018
Good work atmosphere, nice coworkers. Something new every day. Good managers, low pay, decent benefits, got the best of both worlds with field experience and office experience.
scaffold
First year Apprentice scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB24 January 2018
solid people to work with. enjoyed the environment and the safety culture was a big part of everyday work. union work so benefits and regular hours were a bonus
Pros
union
Cons
only 40 hours a week
Good place to work, good co-workers
ELECTRICAL SUPERVISOR, LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK2 May 2018
Aecom is a very big worldwide company. I never had any problems there. Wages were competitive to other companies. Lots of areas to advance. I worked mostly on my own, but when i did require help from manager, he was there and willing to help. Good bunch of guys. They put me thru pretty well all my electrical apprenticeship, paid for it all plus compensated while at school.I recommend this company to others.
Pros
Paid for my truck for work
Cons
Huge company so rules a bit different than smaller companies
Its fun and great safety culture working with AECOM
CONSTRUCTION & MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 April 2018
Since i started working with AECOM, i never wanted to switch to another company. Employees are valued to their satisfaction and work culture is great.
Pros
great safety supervision
Cons
nothing to say
Good. Company to start. You will learn a lot. Good people to work at.
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB25 April 2018
Safety is our number one priority. Every morning before the day start we have a safety meeting or we call tail gate meeting. Then before you start your job do pre assessment on task for the day. Check all tools and equipment before use. Lunch and coffee break is also the time to review or check if there's some changes that needed to be documented or log before doing your task. again always double check what you are doing for your safety and others as well. Do not be afraid to ask if your not familiar what you will be doing. others will teach you and guide you so you will learn what you are supposed to do. Everyone is vey patience to mentor others. This company will give you lots of experience and new knowledge to do your job.
Pros
Free lunch and coffee break
Cons
Great place to work and learn
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Husky Sunrise22 April 2018
Most days and projects are very fast paced which makes working here fun, it will surely define who can or cannot work in that kind of environment. Management is really easy to deal with. Very helpful when you need to address something.
Pros
Lots of different work locations
Cons
Not worth it being a DSP
Well run company
Maintenance Insulator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 July 2018
A good company that takes the time to listen to its workers and do there best to meet in the middle between the client and workers. Willing to spend the time and money to properly train you to work safe and efficiently.
Enjoyed the job position and co-workers
SERVICE WRITER, PURCHASER/INVENTORY, BILLING (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB22 July 2018
I first started with AECOM when they were URS. Unfortunately with the economic downturn, there were many changes with layoffs and job duties. I also found as AECOM was not an oilfield company, it was hard for them to understand the oilfield business.
Pretty good
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC24 July 2018
Learned Loads
Great team
Working in the oil and gas as a electrician
We were let go because of the lack of work
They tried to keep as many people as possible
overall a good group
Revenue driven workplace that lost focus on clients and employees.
SR. Job Cost Administrator - Payroll (Former Employee) –  White City, SK5 April 2018
Over the years the corporate drive for the bottom dollar disrupted the work environment, gone are the days of potlucks, job reviews and safety awards. Overall appreciation for the staff has disappeared, instead of being proactive they became reactive to the issues faced. the most enjoyable part of my job was fixing the issues.
Pros
Paid overtime
Cons
No room for advancement
great company
jm pipfitter (Current Employee) –  Alberta25 July 2018
Great company but you have to cross the many hurdles to go to the site, yes there is lack of communication between recruiters and onboarding team, mostly you will not get any reply or answers for emails and phone calls(maybe they are getting so many mails and phone calls) you should wait with patience for itinerary, please note one more thing, don't sleep last night at home because any time you will get the itinerary in email, If you miss the flight, don't waste a day or two for contact them to rebook your flight ,does not works 20 calls and bunch of emails also. Better luck next time. remaining all is good. happy working environment and good pay
Pros
good working environment and pay
Cons
onboarding and return flights to home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K