AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 323 reviews matching the search See all 3,473 reviews
L' entreprise vise à développer des projets
Directeur commercial (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 May 2018
Je pense que l'entreprise vise à élargir la mondialisation et d'aider aussi les personnel sa devrait nous faire du bien pour nous les étrangers.
Great safety culture
Lead Pipeline Crossing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB17 May 2018
AECOM does a wide range of work in the oil and gas industry. The company has a very strong safety culture and willing to train you.

The only thing I would like to see improved with the company is a pension plan.
Pros
safety, managment
Cons
benefits, work is not always consistant
Transportation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON15 May 2018
Good work atmosphere, nice coworkers. Something new every day. Good managers, low pay, decent benefits, got the best of both worlds with field experience and office experience.
Good salary and benefits
Intermediate Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 May 2018
Salary and benefits are very good, especially for those starting their careers. Flexible work hours and social activities that are organized throughout the year make for a good work environment.
Pros
Training for safety and site supervision
Good place to work, good co-workers
ELECTRICAL SUPERVISOR, LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK2 May 2018
Aecom is a very big worldwide company. I never had any problems there. Wages were competitive to other companies. Lots of areas to advance. I worked mostly on my own, but when i did require help from manager, he was there and willing to help. Good bunch of guys. They put me thru pretty well all my electrical apprenticeship, paid for it all plus compensated while at school.I recommend this company to others.
Pros
Paid for my truck for work
Cons
Huge company so rules a bit different than smaller companies
Good. Company to start. You will learn a lot. Good people to work at.
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB25 April 2018
Safety is our number one priority. Every morning before the day start we have a safety meeting or we call tail gate meeting. Then before you start your job do pre assessment on task for the day. Check all tools and equipment before use. Lunch and coffee break is also the time to review or check if there's some changes that needed to be documented or log before doing your task. again always double check what you are doing for your safety and others as well. Do not be afraid to ask if your not familiar what you will be doing. others will teach you and guide you so you will learn what you are supposed to do. Everyone is vey patience to mentor others. This company will give you lots of experience and new knowledge to do your job.
Pros
Free lunch and coffee break
Was a good Company
Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2018
Came from Flint Energy Services it was a good company with lots of opportunity to advance and had knowledgeable management learn from. Once URS then Aecom bought them out most management left or were dismissed, the opportunities diminished and employees began to feel more like a number then part of a productive organization. They started selling off key parts of the business as the construction division of the company does not fit the engineering "cubical style" business model.
Pros
If your a yes man you'll do great
Cons
Uncertain job security, Management unwilling to make a decisions always pointing a finger else where.
Great place to work and learn
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Husky Sunrise22 April 2018
Most days and projects are very fast paced which makes working here fun, it will surely define who can or cannot work in that kind of environment. Management is really easy to deal with. Very helpful when you need to address something.
Pros
Lots of different work locations
Cons
Not worth it being a DSP
Its fun and great safety culture working with AECOM
CONSTRUCTION & MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 April 2018
Since i started working with AECOM, i never wanted to switch to another company. Employees are valued to their satisfaction and work culture is great.
Pros
great safety supervision
Cons
nothing to say
Revenue driven workplace that lost focus on clients and employees.
SR. Job Cost Administrator - Payroll (Former Employee) –  White City, SK5 April 2018
Over the years the corporate drive for the bottom dollar disrupted the work environment, gone are the days of potlucks, job reviews and safety awards. Overall appreciation for the staff has disappeared, instead of being proactive they became reactive to the issues faced. the most enjoyable part of my job was fixing the issues.
Pros
Paid overtime
Cons
No room for advancement
Great experience
Quality Control Electrician (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB28 March 2018
Tested all electrical systems
I learned how engineering has issues with knowing a standard wire coloring code for RTD's it was pathetic and a lot of caused confusion, and their engineers didn't want to change it. There was a lot of Variety of work. Lacked backup plans, and SuperIntendant 's approve didn't matter to the staff when they were affected.
Cons
Good experiences and good pay
Was good while it lasted
PROJECT MANAGER/COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  White City, SK23 March 2018
Was a good group of co-workers both in the office and in the field. I was working there for less than a year. Due to lack of work most were laid off.
Great team work environment! Great management!
TECH II rcji (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 March 2018
Great team work environment lead by the best mentors! Young and innovative crew, striving to be better today than they were yesterday. Highly recommend working here.
Not a friendly environment or enjoyable work place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 March 2018
management was an issue
low budgets, and tight deadlines
toxic work environment
each for themselves attitude
issues with technology and bim management
no standards for CAD
First Job
Lead Operator Shell RHC Pilot Plant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2018
First job in oil and gas, not really sure how to gauge this company vs others and working as a contractor to a different company I truly dont have much interaction with AECOM
Pretty good company to work for
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 February 2018
I would definitely work for them again, they kept me working steady for 3 years, and if you do your job they will treat you well. Great safety culture
Excellent client service.
Pipeline Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Olds, AB10 February 2018
Excellent client service.
Industry-recognized EH&S programs.
Good company culture.
Good living out allowance.
Competitive compensation.
Long periods living away from home not conducive for family life.
Not cohesive,
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2018
Poor management, policies are reactive and management has difficulty instilling a team culture. Every one to his own until the end of a project. Then goodbye. Experience and loyalty is not a major team building value.
Highly proffessional consultancy
Gas Turbine Expert (Former Employee) –  Ярославская область6 February 2018
Could easily outsource the missing expertise in their organization regardless of the cultural and ethnic differences between nations so multicultural structure proves smooth and professional atmosphere
I didn’t have a problem
Excavator Operator (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, AB3 February 2018
Good guys to work for. I personally did not have a problem. Paid well, paid on time, and very little headaches from the office. I’d probably go back if they needed me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51K