AECOM Employee Review

Corporate machine with terrible work culture
Peon #56,384 (Former Employee) –  Western Canada24 November 2017
When it’s busy, great. When it slows down you better hope you can find chargeable hours, if not, get ready to find another job because they are watching. Too many weeks with low numbers and you’re out . Terrible work culture, no social culture, no Christmas party, no family feel; you are literally a cog in the machine. They do nothing to show appreciation for your work. It’s a rancid, toxic place unless they decide they like you for the moment, then it’s all good. Once you’re done bending over backwards for them, you’re out. The only saving grace is the other people you work with. Managers have no time to do reviews or help advance you. They expect you to order your life as work first, clients second, yourself last. Management & execs are only out for themselves. People who are trying to advance their careers don’t stay with this company long.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No appreciation, no social culture, no job security

Other AECOM Employee Reviews

great
General laborer, Pipeline site (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB14 February 2019
very much enjoyed my summer with this corporation. I was allotted all the necessary breaks i needed to complete the jobs handed out to me. Quite enojoyable
Pros
everything
Cons
Toronto Company that was just establishing a satellite office in Calgary
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2019
Small group in Calgary, when I was employed there... The main office is Toronto. It was just expanding into Calgary and had few clients, and little work.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Difficulty securing projects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K