AECOM Employee Review

Corporate machine with terrible work culture
Peon #56,384 (Former Employee) –  Western Canada24 November 2017
When it’s busy, great. When it slows down you better hope you can find chargeable hours, if not, get ready to find another job because they are watching. Too many weeks with low numbers and you’re out . Terrible work culture, no social culture, no Christmas party, no family feel; you are literally a cog in the machine. They do nothing to show appreciation for your work. It’s a rancid, toxic place unless they decide they like you for the moment, then it’s all good. Once you’re done bending over backwards for them, you’re out. The only saving grace is the other people you work with. Managers have no time to do reviews or help advance you. They expect you to order your life as work first, clients second, yourself last. Management & execs are only out for themselves. People who are trying to advance their careers don’t stay with this company long.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No appreciation, no social culture, no job security

Other AECOM Employee Reviews

Large scale Electrical contractor, long established history
Manager of Electrical Services (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 August 2018
Having been head hunted by them I was very happy to work for them and given the opportunity to share my knowledge with coworkers that had spent there entire career at the same office. I also enjoyed being mentored and groomed for further excellence. The gentlemen that I worked with and for will always be held in my memories
It was a good company to work for
Estimator / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2018
Big company where Oil & Gas jobs doesn't mean a lot. Maintenance side it's way better than the Projects side. Good benefits but to much politics at higher levels.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Very stressful and no support or room for advancement!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51K