AECOM Employee Review

Corporate machine with terrible work culture
Peon #56,384 (Former Employee) –  Western Canada24 November 2017
When it’s busy, great. When it slows down you better hope you can find chargeable hours, if not, get ready to find another job because they are watching. Too many weeks with low numbers and you’re out . Terrible work culture, no social culture, no Christmas party, no family feel; you are literally a cog in the machine. They do nothing to show appreciation for your work. It’s a rancid, toxic place unless they decide they like you for the moment, then it’s all good. Once you’re done bending over backwards for them, you’re out. The only saving grace is the other people you work with. Managers have no time to do reviews or help advance you. They expect you to order your life as work first, clients second, yourself last. Management & execs are only out for themselves. People who are trying to advance their careers don’t stay with this company long.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No appreciation, no social culture, no job security

Other AECOM Employee Reviews

Not cohesive,
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2018
Poor management, policies are reactive and management has difficulty instilling a team culture. Every one to his own until the end of a project. Then goodbye. Experience and loyalty is not a major team building value.
I didn’t have a problem
Excavator Operator (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, AB3 February 2018
Good guys to work for. I personally did not have a problem. Paid well, paid on time, and very little headaches from the office. I’d probably go back if they needed me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.