AECOM Pay & Benefits reviews

Transportation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON15 May 2018
Good work atmosphere, nice coworkers. Something new every day. Good managers, low pay, decent benefits, got the best of both worlds with field experience and office experience.
Good salary and benefits
Intermediate Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 May 2018
Salary and benefits are very good, especially for those starting their careers. Flexible work hours and social activities that are organized throughout the year make for a good work environment.
Pros
Training for safety and site supervision
Good place to work, good co-workers
ELECTRICAL SUPERVISOR, LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK2 May 2018
Aecom is a very big worldwide company. I never had any problems there. Wages were competitive to other companies. Lots of areas to advance. I worked mostly on my own, but when i did require help from manager, he was there and willing to help. Good bunch of guys. They put me thru pretty well all my electrical apprenticeship, paid for it all plus compensated while at school.I recommend this company to others.
Pros
Paid for my truck for work
Cons
Huge company so rules a bit different than smaller companies
Excellent client service.
Pipeline Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Olds, AB10 February 2018
Excellent client service.
Industry-recognized EH&S programs.
Good company culture.
Good living out allowance.
Competitive compensation.
Long periods living away from home not conducive for family life.
I didn’t have a problem
Excavator Operator (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, AB3 February 2018
Good guys to work for. I personally did not have a problem. Paid well, paid on time, and very little headaches from the office. I’d probably go back if they needed me.
scaffold
First year Apprentice scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB24 January 2018
solid people to work with. enjoyed the environment and the safety culture was a big part of everyday work. union work so benefits and regular hours were a bonus
Pros
union
Cons
only 40 hours a week
Aecom
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2017
They pay particularly low, I have never been paid so low. The in town 10-4 shift is hard for a parent, They made us strip the cable and put it in a pile so the scraps, all of the scraps, should be taken infer reimbursement, they even wanted the shield off the tech cable in a pile, it was bizarre.
good company to work for
Apprentice Pipefitter and Welders Helper (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK17 November 2017
pay well and try to keep you working.... They have a good benifits package and follow a good safety regime. I would really love to work for them again.
Pros
paid LOA and travel
Cons
N/a
Good People Productive and Positive
Pipefitter Helper (Current Employee) –  Fort St John26 October 2017
Organized Very Polite People Great To Work For Understanding And Willing To Teach Hardest Part Of Any Oilfield Job Is The Weather Conditions I Enjoyed Every Task I've Done.
Pros
Slow Work
Cons
Steady Work Good Hours And Wage
Good All round
QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2017
Worked as QC INspector on various sites and shops Good company, great people and good facilities both here in Calgary and Grand Prairie.
Paid LOA out of town.
Paid for my truck
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
out of town work
Show up and work, maybe for a little less than what your used too.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  SK7 October 2017
These guys are alright to work for. Not the best, not the worst. Work hard, show up fit for work and you'll be fine. They are an industrial electrical company, so if things are slow, don't expect long term employment out of them.
Pros
not bad pay + merit benifits
Cons
Poorly managed on some fronts. where isnt?
Productive workplace
Project Controls Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 September 2017
Salary/ benefits relatively higher.
Productive workplace.
Modern office space.
In-house training program.
Implement health and safety program.
Nothing more to add
Enjoyable workplace
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2017
Nice work place with complete amenities, the food and accommodation are fantastic. working environment so awesome.
teamwork and acquaintances highly considerable by the management. The gym complete equipment I enjoy exercise and play ping pong sometimes.
Pros
Food and Accomodation
Cons
Fair Hours
So far Good !
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 July 2017
It was good working experience
I learned lots of new skills
Its culture was very good before but now due to job insecurity lots of people moving forward
Pros
flexible timing to start work
Cons
Very long hours to work as salary are based on 8 hours per day
field work out side
Roustabout/Boiler Crew (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB26 July 2017
Having a work truck was very nice not having to send money on gas to get to the job,just have to put in the time picking up people.
The boss's where all good to work for as well,just do your job and do the job right and know problems.
The pay was very good.
One of the not so good things just long hours.
labourer/ pipe fitter
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  grande prairie12 July 2017
great pay

good bosses

great hrs

weekly pay

good benefits

supply all PPE

really enjoyed working for aecom. was making 7000$ every 3 weeks. they are not shy with money nor are they cheap. very few companies like this left.
Pros
money
Cons
work/life balance
No projects, nice hours
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON7 June 2017
As a designer, there were no jobs for me to work on. The hours were nice as you can take every second Friday off. It was nice to not have any projects at first, but after a while i had to quit.
Pros
Good area, less hours
Cons
No jobs
Meh,
4th Period Electrician (Oil & Gas) (Current Employee) –  Alberta19 May 2017
All construction companies have their problems, and this one was no different. I worked for AECOM through the flint and URS years and with each changing owner the wages, benefits and general plus sides of the company grew smaller and smaller. But hey, better than EI I guess.
At times it's a great place
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB29 April 2017
In my experience it was a great place to work as an HVAC Mechanic for almost two years . The site is extremely clean and safe .We had a hand selected crew of top guys ..over night our wages were cut almost 20g annually so the company could get the new contract ...however at that time we were being paid about 12 dollars less than competition with all incentives lost ...they are working with what they have but for me it was hard to see a bright future here ....there is lots of room for advancement if you like titles and don't care about salary due to extremely high turn over .we were on site almost 14 hours a day and get paid for 11.5 straight time at 42 an hour .no paid lunch ,
Pros
Flights paid from Calgary or Edmonton, Decent camp acomadations, 10/10 shift, very safe
Cons
High turn over, Un paid lunch, no over time pay, Poor structure, very poor pay, treated as a number
Good colleagues
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 April 2017
Great colleagues, but your work never went appreciated. Although you held the same position as others in the firm, you were not paid the same, even when you did more work than the others that had the same job title as you. More like a boys club when it came to salary. Things may have changed since I worked there, but most people moved on to bigger and better things. Very micromanaged after the change over from UMA Engineering.
Pros
Close proximity to home, ability to work out of town if desired.
Cons
Poor job satisfaction, pay scale dramatically influenced by "buddy" club, micro managed at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K