AECOM Employee Reviews in Fort McMurray, AB

Very shocking
E&I (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 June 2018
I was working well with them efficiently and very competent throughout my career with them. But all of the sudden they send me home without any warning, without any explanation.T hey have strong grouping and never let you stay in if you are more experienced and talented then them. And I stupidity accepted the advice of union steward that don't go for grievances and sign the paper.
Its fun and great safety culture working with AECOM
CONSTRUCTION & MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 April 2018
Since i started working with AECOM, i never wanted to switch to another company. Employees are valued to their satisfaction and work culture is great.
Pros
great safety supervision
Cons
nothing to say
Productive and fun work place
Steamfitter/ Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 January 2018
The hardest job part is winter when installing the pipe on the highest elevations. Even the hydro testing for preparation the flanges to install the pipe with the high temperature
Pros
Free lunch
great company
Plumber and pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB27 December 2017
great place to work.safe, great people to work with. management was organized and took care of the workers. No task was unsafe and easily understood directions. made lots of friends, and hope to work with wacom again.
Company payed well
Welder's Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 December 2017
I was there for a shut down only 3 weeks, company itself was good. Did not have any problems. The camp sucked stayed at many camps but did not like cnrl.
Pros
pay
Cons
camp
Great Safety Culture
Service Writer - Maintenance Department (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 December 2017
AECOM cares about the safety of their employees and consistently pushes safety in all aspects of work through observation cards submitted by employees, and safety audits.
Pros
Safety is first and foremost
Cons
Not consistent enough work.
good environment
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 November 2017
management very good, took care of any issues promptly.safe working atmosphere.and a good crew.i would recommend working for them anytime.we were able to safely do our job and the guys always had good communication with each other.
was good
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 October 2017
had a ton of fun with good group of guys. finished the job on time and on budget. learned a bunch and taught others a ton aswell. would work with the company again
Open door policy. Easy to work for.
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 October 2017
I enjoyed my time working with the company. It was safe. Productive yet fun. They made sure l was comfortable with every job situation l was placed in. There was the message to the employee. There is no silly questions to be asked.
Pros
Camp
Could be better
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 October 2017
AECOM is one of the giants in the industry. In this type of international organizations, employee satisfaction may change from location to another. My experience was with the Alberta branch so it is specific to location. The resources you will have is more than adequate however level of professionalism is questionable. Upper management is mostly coming from trades, less educated, more experienced. This could be a good thing if they could educate themselves on the level of the posts they sit in, however, it is not the case most of the time for AECOM. Favoritism is also a big problem, it does not matter how you perform if you are not from the 'neigbourhood'.
Rig Welder (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 May 2017
great place to work ! well organized ! they give you everything you need ! everyone is friendly and helpful. living conditions were excellent as well.
Pros
treated well
Cons
Great camp and travel plan
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 March 2017
Worked on and off with this comapny since it was flint never really a complaint about them, Look forward to working more projects with this company in the future.
Electrical Commissioning (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 March 2017
Very good job, Morning kick off meeting with great co workers and bosses laying out planned jobs for the day with a very good safety attitude. Safe and clean plant with very good camp and food
Pros
option to have hot lunch
Great company
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 January 2017
I have worked for AECOM at two different locations and had complete different management teams at each job. I enjoyed working for this company. They were very accommodating with me when I was preparing to go to school and provided me with employment when school was finished.
Pros
Safety
Cons
Tool availability
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 October 2016
good place to work boss had problems with my ethnic background good work company can work on some things to make better their bosses and company
It has a been a better experience then previous camps
Red Seal Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 May 2016
The camp has better rooms, private bathrooms, and food was satisfactory. There is not much of a gym to exercise in however.
Tough times? Sell the farm. That's their motto
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 April 2016
Lots of promises of advancement and development, but when the times get tough, they sell the farm. Our office went from 2 storeys and ~40 people to 1 floor and 8 people in 6 months.

I get that it's tough times, but this company loves talking about how employees come first, and we value our employees. Something doesn't add up.

When it was good, it was great! But you quickly see your worth at the slightest sign of decline.
Great Company, could use better management
Registered Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 January 2016
At the time i was working for URS energy now AECOM. They kept me busy with challenging tasks that helped me along with my electrical apprenticeship. Management could use some help, if you weren't part of their inner circle, you suffered.
good place to work
Piping construction engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 November 2015
generally speaking Aecom is a good place for engineers to work with professionals which can add to the experience and skills.
Good company to work for.
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, Alberta8 September 2015
Fun place to work however working in a construction environment has it's challenges. Crowded work spaces and lots of distractions. As a result of current oil and gas market, job security was an issue for me.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51K