AECOM Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 45 reviews matching the search See all 3,561 reviews
They will replace you at the drop of a hat!
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary27 October 2018
I worked on site for the company for a number of years. At the end of the project I was relocated to HQ in Calgary.
I saw a number of layoffs in my time there because of lack of work. This involved many senior staff.
New staff came in and although my job seemed secure I was let go as I didn't fit the profile of their new team.
Pros
Free coffee and tea!
Cons
long commute, expected to work OT for no extra remuneration.
Big company
Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2018
Very big company

Has acquired so many companies that finding its culture is a bit difficult to find.

Some negative personalities were looming at the time of employment.
Good All round
QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2017
Worked as QC INspector on various sites and shops Good company, great people and good facilities both here in Calgary and Grand Prairie.
Paid LOA out of town.
Paid for my truck
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
out of town work
Aecom
Pipefitter Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2016
AECOM has been in an up and down slide as every other company in oil and gas has. It has its benefits, my career path started with Flint and they are now Aecom. the guidance was not there but they got you started. downside there are some behind door agreements that are made and its not fair for everyone else. i feel if you earn and get the education for your trade or job you should be paid accordingly. people who don't take the plunge and upgrade there positions should not be paid more than a qualified individual.
Amazing Boss, Great Team
Corporate Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2015
While working at URS I had an amazing boss and the team I worked with was like a little family. Everyone was ready and willing to support eachother. Unfortunately after being with the company for over four years I made the decision to leave the role I was in for better compensation.
Pros
Travel
Cons
lack of work life balance and low compensation
Average company
Electrical Apprentice 2nd Year (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2015
Your average company has its benefits. management is willing to help out where they can and find work for the workers if not since its a large company willing to send you to other shops for work.
no advancement
controller (Former Employee) –  calgary, ab22 August 2014
poor management led to poor training, staff are lazy & managers dont lead well. no advancement therefore no future.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
decent company to work for if you work hard
Electrician (Lead Hand) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2018
good company, work hard and you will go far, sometime the run out of work and tell you to sit which sucks. But usually when you call them they will get back to you
First Job
Lead Operator Shell RHC Pilot Plant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2018
First job in oil and gas, not really sure how to gauge this company vs others and working as a contractor to a different company I truly dont have much interaction with AECOM
Fast paced
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2018
Very busy place to work, lots of people who have been there 10 plus years so it was an overall good working experience. Great company and would work for them again.
Enjoyable workplace
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2017
Nice work place with complete amenities, the food and accommodation are fantastic. working environment so awesome.
teamwork and acquaintances highly considerable by the management. The gym complete equipment I enjoy exercise and play ping pong sometimes.
Pros
Food and Accomodation
Cons
Fair Hours
Bad old management and destructive decisions maker
Former engineer and project manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2012
higher and intermidiate managers take old school management decisions and distruct the company structure, the result is the employees don't trust the company and the managers. Some employees brought millions of dollars to AECOM, but the got laid-off because stupid decision from higher management without looking who cares of AECOM and who is not.
Pros
payroll on time
Cons
not friendly environment and tension in most of offices
Productive, efficient and safe place to work with a fitness room
Industrial Engineer and Lead Project Quality Rep (Current Employee) –  Calgary Alberta31 October 2014
A typical day at work comprises of a few hours of individual working and in personal office and a subtle blend of a interaction form colleagues and at time mediate supervisor when there is need to brainstorm over an issue. I learned so much from my immediate supervisor whose leadership skill is highly desirous.My co-workers are smart and hard working people who, i believe their work ethics has also rob off on me.

The hardest part of my job is whenever I am assigned a non billable work to do.Whenever this happens, I would have to put in more hours than I should in order to meet up budgetary expectations.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to meet and work with different clients and subcontractors from time to time. There is also the benefit of getting involved with colleagues in games and other activities outside of the work place.
Pros
socialisation
Awesome company
Regional Recruitment Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2015
Awesome company to work with. Great work life balance, great people and management.

Would definitely recommend to others.
Productive workplace
Recruitment Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2016
Work with team ensuring all daily tasks are met
I learnt the recruitment process and what steps were taken to new hires
Management was well involved in ensuring the employees needs were met
Coworkers were very friendly an helpful in general
Hardest part of the job was very repetative
Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a professional enviroment
Pros
Working in professional enviroment
Cons
Repetitive work
Great work/safety culture.
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
I found this job very rewarding with a very respectful group of professionals to work with. safety is very important with this company and will spend a good part of the pre job meeting in the morning addressing safety concerns and discussing how to work safe on the job. Safety is drilled into your head, so that when you go on site, you can identify hazards before you are injured. Plain and simple. I found a lot of camaraderie between workers on site and off. Although my time on job was cut short because of a personal issue, I would work for them again in a second.
Pros
excellent PPE
Cons
uneven ground
A well-managed company that values it's employees.
Site SCM Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2016
Typical on-site industrial construction in the oil and gas sector.
Management was well represented and receptive. My co-workers were professional and respectful. The hardest part of the job was when there was no more work. (industry-wide economic downturn).
Pros
Management cares about it's people.
Cons
Other than factors beyond it's control (ie: industry slow-down)....none.
Disjointed
Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2017
The company grows by acquisitions and as a result the uniformity that it tries to achieve struggles, this is also hampered by the fact that it is a large public company that's main goal is to meet quarterly targets.
Logistics/ Ticket Taker
Checker/Traffic Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2014
Good Company to work for as gained lots of experience regarding Logistics, reviewing Orical, Traffic Control and Truck Scedules..
Large Company
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2016
Good client list with opportunity to work on diverse projects across the globe. Good learning experience and work-life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K