AECOM Employee Reviews

One of the 10 worst companies in the world, you don't get this easily
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 October 2018
As an employee worked here for few years, the company has changed a lot in the past few years. The management only treats you like a number, they don't care about you, you don't feel you are valued as a member and avoid this company if you can. Really awkward/cold working atmosphere in this company especially if you work with senior management. Most senior managers are so fake. You put your hard work in and that's it.
Pros
Worst working culture
Cons
flexible working hours
Worst company I've ever worked for in the oil sands
Journeyman Electrician/EHT Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB13 October 2018
I was a journeyman electrician with AECOM at Kearl lake. I was told when I got hired I had a job from August until the end of November, but only got two months of work. Three days after getting laid off, I received a all to come back but I did not. I was on night shift and they laid of three of us to bring in 3 guys from day shift . Every week employee pay was incorrect. I've been laid of for 3 weeks now and still haven't received pay that is owed me and they will not return calls or emails. They are the most unorganized company I've ever seen. The HR and recruiting department are incompetent. What a shitshow.
Pros
Good crew and great safety culture
Cons
Disorganized, Incompetent, lack of communication
Fortune 500 company
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  深圳市12 September 2018
International company in China, they definitely know what they are doing and treat employees very well. I highly recommend this company if you are planning to gain international experience.
Large scale Electrical contractor, long established history
Manager of Electrical Services (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 August 2018
Having been head hunted by them I was very happy to work for them and given the opportunity to share my knowledge with coworkers that had spent there entire career at the same office. I also enjoyed being mentored and groomed for further excellence. The gentlemen that I worked with and for will always be held in my memories
It was a good company to work for
Estimator / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2018
Big company where Oil & Gas jobs doesn't mean a lot. Maintenance side it's way better than the Projects side. Good benefits but to much politics at higher levels.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Very stressful and no support or room for advancement!
great company
jm pipfitter (Current Employee) –  Alberta25 July 2018
Great company but you have to cross the many hurdles to go to the site, yes there is lack of communication between recruiters and onboarding team, mostly you will not get any reply or answers for emails and phone calls(maybe they are getting so many mails and phone calls) you should wait with patience for itinerary, please note one more thing, don't sleep last night at home because any time you will get the itinerary in email, If you miss the flight, don't waste a day or two for contact them to rebook your flight ,does not works 20 calls and bunch of emails also. Better luck next time. remaining all is good. happy working environment and good pay
Pros
good working environment and pay
Cons
onboarding and return flights to home.
Pretty good
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC24 July 2018
Learned Loads
Great team
Working in the oil and gas as a electrician
We were let go because of the lack of work
They tried to keep as many people as possible
overall a good group
Well run company
Maintenance Insulator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 July 2018
A good company that takes the time to listen to its workers and do there best to meet in the middle between the client and workers. Willing to spend the time and money to properly train you to work safe and efficiently.
Enjoyed the job position and co-workers
SERVICE WRITER, PURCHASER/INVENTORY, BILLING (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB22 July 2018
I first started with AECOM when they were URS. Unfortunately with the economic downturn, there were many changes with layoffs and job duties. I also found as AECOM was not an oilfield company, it was hard for them to understand the oilfield business.
Big company
Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2018
Very big company

Has acquired so many companies that finding its culture is a bit difficult to find.

Some negative personalities were looming at the time of employment.
very good
Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Qatar3 July 2018
The typical day work includes site inspection, progress or technical meetings, safety inspection and regular visits to stakeholders.
the work culture is amazing
great company
Pipeline Laborer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 June 2018
my typical day of work is to finish the job safely and everyone goes home safe
The company was a great fit for everyone , because they take care and look after their employees.
If the company gives me a call to work for them i would have gone back in a heart beat.
Very shocking
E&I (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 June 2018
I was working well with them efficiently and very competent throughout my career with them. But all of the sudden they send me home without any warning, without any explanation.T hey have strong grouping and never let you stay in if you are more experienced and talented then them. And I stupidity accepted the advice of union steward that don't go for grievances and sign the paper.
Good Place to work if you're in the Whitecourt area!
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB6 June 2018
Worked for Aecom for 3 years and learned lots of various different aspects of my trade I.E Residential, Commercial, Industrial you get to try all of them out!
Pros
Diversity, Makes you more well rounded, Great foreman and teachers.
Great Place to Work
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2018
Aecom is a great place to work. It is the staff that makes it the best. We work well as a team. The pay could be better. I have learned new programs and join in the corporate challenge.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Stability in the Oil and Gas field.
Worked there for 4 years
Electrical / instrumentation god (Former Employee) –  Cnrl horizon18 May 2018
I worked here for 4 years on E&I maintenance and they bent over backwards to keep me around. They put me through a instrument apprenticeship and am now dual ticketed. Management was approachable and great. I am a guy that reviews honestly and i cannot say anything bad about these guys. Maybe give us more ot. Lol
Pros
Free water, free ppe
Cons
Boring tasks at times
L' entreprise vise à développer des projets
Directeur commercial (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 May 2018
Je pense que l'entreprise vise à élargir la mondialisation et d'aider aussi les personnel sa devrait nous faire du bien pour nous les étrangers.
Great safety culture
Lead Pipeline Crossing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB17 May 2018
AECOM does a wide range of work in the oil and gas industry. The company has a very strong safety culture and willing to train you.

The only thing I would like to see improved with the company is a pension plan.
Pros
safety, managment
Cons
benefits, work is not always consistant
Transportation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON15 May 2018
Good work atmosphere, nice coworkers. Something new every day. Good managers, low pay, decent benefits, got the best of both worlds with field experience and office experience.
Good salary and benefits
Intermediate Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 May 2018
Salary and benefits are very good, especially for those starting their careers. Flexible work hours and social activities that are organized throughout the year make for a good work environment.
Pros
Training for safety and site supervision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51K