AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 326 reviews matching the search See all 3,605 reviews
good
Time Administrator (Payroll) (Former Employee) –  White City, SK29 November 2018
it not very good place to work becuae the management is not good and no body cares about the employee, and its hard to survive for all and the benefits are not as the market
The best job location that I ever work with
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 November 2018
Salary and accommodation are perfect and their safety culture but it is only a temporary job for 2 weeks. They taking care of employees to provide PPE and safety training.
It was a good company to work for
Estimator / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2018
Big company where Oil & Gas jobs doesn't mean a lot. Maintenance side it's way better than the Projects side. Good benefits but to much politics at higher levels.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Very stressful and no support or room for advancement!
Good salary and benefits
Intermediate Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 May 2018
Salary and benefits are very good, especially for those starting their careers. Flexible work hours and social activities that are organized throughout the year make for a good work environment.
Pros
Training for safety and site supervision
Great safety culture
Lead Pipeline Crossing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB17 May 2018
AECOM does a wide range of work in the oil and gas industry. The company has a very strong safety culture and willing to train you.

The only thing I would like to see improved with the company is a pension plan.
Pros
safety, managment
Cons
benefits, work is not always consistant
Transportation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON15 May 2018
Good work atmosphere, nice coworkers. Something new every day. Good managers, low pay, decent benefits, got the best of both worlds with field experience and office experience.
Depends on site
Maintenance Millwright Oilsands (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 October 2018
I have worked for Aecom at both CNRL and Kearl. The difference between the two sites is night and day. Aecom work at Kearl was excellent, safe, timely ,accurate pay. Aecom work at Albian was good, safety culture was just average, pay was messed up. Aecom management at Kearl made you feel like part of the team. Aecom management at Albian acted like a bunch of thugs, threatening to fire employees on numerous occasions. Bus ride from camp at Kearl was to long, Wapasu camp for Kearl is ok. Bus ride at Albian is short, however camp is excellent. Once new camp is built onsite at Kearl, I think I will skip Albian altogether. HR for Aecom is pathetic, constantly sending certificates over and over to different people for same sight. Company would be much better if they organized their database with files on employees to include certificates and qualifications, it just does not make sense to send them multiple times.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Disorganized HR
Great place to work for young, single person.
Electrical Foreman (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 November 2018
Great place to work for a young, single person with no kids or pets because you will always be at work, until you are no longer needed. Very good pay but that depends on what you do and where you work. Massive company and it feels like one.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
no work/life balance
One of the 10 worst companies in the world, you don't get this easily
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 October 2018
As an employee worked here for few years, the company has changed a lot in the past few years. The management only treats you like a number, they don't care about you, you don't feel you are valued as a member and avoid this company if you can. Really awkward/cold working atmosphere in this company especially if you work with senior management. Most senior managers are so fake. You put your hard work in and that's it.
Pros
Worst working culture
Cons
flexible working hours
Good
journeyman pipefitter at kearl lake Fort Mc murray (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 October 2018
Good to work with Aecom Good organization and supervision good management . Safety vise no:1
Meterial and enough tools available.flexible work schedule
Good place to develop
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2018
Fun work environment, people are great to be around. Low pay but good opportunity to develop your skills, always busy, ever changing. Lots of work coming up in 2019.
Pros
free parking, free coffee, easy access, relaxed environment
Cons
always changing, processes, systems, management... etc
Poor managemnt/supervisor
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB26 November 2018
My immediate supervisor had more ego than leadership ability.
He was relatively knowledgeable as far as trade experience, but lacked severely in management ability.
Pros
It was work.
Cons
Inefficient task management
Excellent client service.
Pipeline Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Olds, AB10 February 2018
Excellent client service.
Industry-recognized EH&S programs.
Good company culture.
Good living out allowance.
Competitive compensation.
Long periods living away from home not conducive for family life.
I enjoyed working for them.
Pipefitter's Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC14 January 2019
Good people to work with. Paid for travel time. Worked long days. Some variety in the work so it made it interesting. Never knew when you were going to be called to work or when you would be off. Hard to plan around.
Amazing pay and work. Laid off after every job.
Industrial Electrician Apprentice 3rd (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB30 November 2018
Absolutely loved working for this company during the construction project of a Compressor Station in Medicine Hat.

Wage was fantastic. Work shift was 10/4 which was great for in town workers to have an opportunity to make great money but still be home every night.

Crew was probably one of the best I have ever worked with/for. Everyone got along for the most part, and everyone shared responsibilities and tasks, not one person was ever thinking they were above or below anyone else.

Only downside. Lay offs. Unfortunately everyone is essentially hired for the specific project, then once near completion or complete, you were laid off. Certain workers were kept on longer than others due to attitudes/workmanship/etc, which was nice to see that you were rewarded for trying your hardest and being a team player.

Foreman on our site was amazing. Would never hesitate to work for this man again. Also gave a terrific recommendation letter without even asking. Thank you for showing me what a true foreman should be.
Pros
Wage. Morale. Safety culture.
Cons
Hired only for certain site, then laid off after completion.
Worst company I've ever worked for in the oil sands
Journeyman Electrician/EHT Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB13 October 2018
I was a journeyman electrician with AECOM at Kearl lake. I was told when I got hired I had a job from August until the end of November, but only got two months of work. Three days after getting laid off, I received a all to come back but I did not. I was on night shift and they laid of three of us to bring in 3 guys from day shift . Every week employee pay was incorrect. I've been laid of for 3 weeks now and still haven't received pay that is owed me and they will not return calls or emails. They are the most unorganized company I've ever seen. The HR and recruiting department are incompetent. What a shitshow.
Pros
Good crew and great safety culture
Cons
Disorganized, Incompetent, lack of communication
scaffold
First year Apprentice scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB24 January 2018
solid people to work with. enjoyed the environment and the safety culture was a big part of everyday work. union work so benefits and regular hours were a bonus
Pros
union
Cons
only 40 hours a week
Not a bad job, lots of time off
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB12 January 2019
10/10 rotation, decent wage considering price of oil but have to fly to Calgary or Edmonton as a hub on your own dime. Rotating day shift and night shift
Toronto Company that was just establishing a satellite office in Calgary
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2019
Small group in Calgary, when I was employed there... The main office is Toronto. It was just expanding into Calgary and had few clients, and little work.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Difficulty securing projects
Safety issue
Pipefitter journeyman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 January 2019
We worked everyday have a meeting for safety,our company told us to play safe.if you think it is not for you to that job don't that job,I learned to become observer to my work and to my co workers.our company is good to workers they think our safety for our family.workplace must be you are safe place.hardest part our job is when work in high elevation for rigging installation using crane equipment.just to check the lines with your drawing.
Pros
Yes, we have a free lunch
Cons
We worked about 10 to 12 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K