AECOM Employee Reviews

It was a good company to work for
Estimator / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2018
Big company where Oil & Gas jobs doesn't mean a lot. Maintenance side it's way better than the Projects side. Good benefits but to much politics at higher levels.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Very stressful and no support or room for advancement!
great company
jm pipfitter (Current Employee) –  Alberta25 July 2018
Great company but you have to cross the many hurdles to go to the site, yes there is lack of communication between recruiters and onboarding team, mostly you will not get any reply or answers for emails and phone calls(maybe they are getting so many mails and phone calls) you should wait with patience for itinerary, please note one more thing, don't sleep last night at home because any time you will get the itinerary in email, If you miss the flight, don't waste a day or two for contact them to rebook your flight ,does not works 20 calls and bunch of emails also. Better luck next time. remaining all is good. happy working environment and good pay
Pros
good working environment and pay
Cons
onboarding and return flights to home.
Pretty good
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC24 July 2018
Learned Loads
Great team
Working in the oil and gas as a electrician
We were let go because of the lack of work
They tried to keep as many people as possible
overall a good group
Well run company
Maintenance Insulator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 July 2018
A good company that takes the time to listen to its workers and do there best to meet in the middle between the client and workers. Willing to spend the time and money to properly train you to work safe and efficiently.
Enjoyed the job position and co-workers
SERVICE WRITER, PURCHASER/INVENTORY, BILLING (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB22 July 2018
I first started with AECOM when they were URS. Unfortunately with the economic downturn, there were many changes with layoffs and job duties. I also found as AECOM was not an oilfield company, it was hard for them to understand the oilfield business.
Big company
Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2018
Very big company

Has acquired so many companies that finding its culture is a bit difficult to find.

Some negative personalities were looming at the time of employment.
very good
Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Qatar3 July 2018
The typical day work includes site inspection, progress or technical meetings, safety inspection and regular visits to stakeholders.
the work culture is amazing
great company
Pipeline Laborer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 June 2018
my typical day of work is to finish the job safely and everyone goes home safe
The company was a great fit for everyone , because they take care and look after their employees.
If the company gives me a call to work for them i would have gone back in a heart beat.
Very shocking
E&I (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 June 2018
I was working well with them efficiently and very competent throughout my career with them. But all of the sudden they send me home without any warning, without any explanation.T hey have strong grouping and never let you stay in if you are more experienced and talented then them. And I stupidity accepted the advice of union steward that don't go for grievances and sign the paper.
Good Place to work if you're in the Whitecourt area!
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB6 June 2018
Worked for Aecom for 3 years and learned lots of various different aspects of my trade I.E Residential, Commercial, Industrial you get to try all of them out!
Pros
Diversity, Makes you more well rounded, Great foreman and teachers.
Great Place to Work
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2018
Aecom is a great place to work. It is the staff that makes it the best. We work well as a team. The pay could be better. I have learned new programs and join in the corporate challenge.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Stability in the Oil and Gas field.
Worked there for 4 years
Electrical / instrumentation god (Former Employee) –  Cnrl horizon18 May 2018
I worked here for 4 years on E&I maintenance and they bent over backwards to keep me around. They put me through a instrument apprenticeship and am now dual ticketed. Management was approachable and great. I am a guy that reviews honestly and i cannot say anything bad about these guys. Maybe give us more ot. Lol
Pros
Free water, free ppe
Cons
Boring tasks at times
L' entreprise vise à développer des projets
Directeur commercial (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 May 2018
Je pense que l'entreprise vise à élargir la mondialisation et d'aider aussi les personnel sa devrait nous faire du bien pour nous les étrangers.
Great safety culture
Lead Pipeline Crossing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB17 May 2018
AECOM does a wide range of work in the oil and gas industry. The company has a very strong safety culture and willing to train you.

The only thing I would like to see improved with the company is a pension plan.
Pros
safety, managment
Cons
benefits, work is not always consistant
Transportation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON15 May 2018
Good work atmosphere, nice coworkers. Something new every day. Good managers, low pay, decent benefits, got the best of both worlds with field experience and office experience.
Good salary and benefits
Intermediate Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 May 2018
Salary and benefits are very good, especially for those starting their careers. Flexible work hours and social activities that are organized throughout the year make for a good work environment.
Pros
Training for safety and site supervision
Good place to work, good co-workers
ELECTRICAL SUPERVISOR, LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK2 May 2018
Aecom is a very big worldwide company. I never had any problems there. Wages were competitive to other companies. Lots of areas to advance. I worked mostly on my own, but when i did require help from manager, he was there and willing to help. Good bunch of guys. They put me thru pretty well all my electrical apprenticeship, paid for it all plus compensated while at school.I recommend this company to others.
Pros
Paid for my truck for work
Cons
Huge company so rules a bit different than smaller companies
Good. Company to start. You will learn a lot. Good people to work at.
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB25 April 2018
Safety is our number one priority. Every morning before the day start we have a safety meeting or we call tail gate meeting. Then before you start your job do pre assessment on task for the day. Check all tools and equipment before use. Lunch and coffee break is also the time to review or check if there's some changes that needed to be documented or log before doing your task. again always double check what you are doing for your safety and others as well. Do not be afraid to ask if your not familiar what you will be doing. others will teach you and guide you so you will learn what you are supposed to do. Everyone is vey patience to mentor others. This company will give you lots of experience and new knowledge to do your job.
Pros
Free lunch and coffee break
Was a good Company
Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2018
Came from Flint Energy Services it was a good company with lots of opportunity to advance and had knowledgeable management learn from. Once URS then Aecom bought them out most management left or were dismissed, the opportunities diminished and employees began to feel more like a number then part of a productive organization. They started selling off key parts of the business as the construction division of the company does not fit the engineering "cubical style" business model.
Pros
If your a yes man you'll do great
Cons
Uncertain job security, Management unwilling to make a decisions always pointing a finger else where.
Great place to work and learn
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Husky Sunrise22 April 2018
Most days and projects are very fast paced which makes working here fun, it will surely define who can or cannot work in that kind of environment. Management is really easy to deal with. Very helpful when you need to address something.
Pros
Lots of different work locations
Cons
Not worth it being a DSP

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51K