ADP Management reviews

Found 68 reviews matching the search See all 4,607 reviews
Company was a disappointment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 December 2018
The job was perm. It was supposed to be stable. Was supposed to have an amazing work culture, what a fail. I left a higher paying position for what should have been a stable position. Not only did they discriminate my gender they used the trainer as a sounding board to report my personal life to managers and justify firing me after 3 weeks of completing training.

I have had some progressional regrets in my life, but this by far tops it. I no longer trust the big corporate companies that sell their super working conditions who promise employees come first and have left the field altogether.

I had to make a complaint to labour board just to get paid as they “forgot my day of work”, made an error on my record of employment and refuse to send me my papers. And this is a payroll service company. Took 5 weeks to get final pay.

This job was not worth the hassle, they lied about working conditions in the interview, they lied about work schedule during the offer and they have 3 managers who are completely incompetent and who will forever mark my time there as negative.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, black out periods, poor management
Lack of Training is frustrating
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 September 2018
Coworkers are fantastic. It's difficult to communicate with management and there is little to no training.

You would think that such a large (Global) company would be on top of training and hiring new people, but they're seriously lacking in this department and it's sad because they're losing so many amazing people!

The 38k is not worth the amount of stress you'll have to deal with.
Pros
Decent money, good benefits
Cons
No training or real structure
No longer fun
TLM Product support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montreal Canada15 November 2018
When I started it was very good. Over time however, it became dubious as to whether you would keep your job.
You could be "disciplined" without any evidence being shown.
The employees however, are the best part. They are awesome. This is my own experience for others it may be different.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management
Stress place to work
LOW SALARY
Too much competitive
Learn a lot
Good knowledge
Management dosent know the payroll
Pros
Good knowledge
Cons
low salary for overbooked work and stress
Salary and Work/Life/Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  HRM29 January 2018
excellent salary compensation for the roles; management lacks any direction and cannot make informed business decisions to grow business and increase the value for the customer and allow associates to provide better customer services. in payroll you cannot do more with less; unless the tools exist

management; especially senior management would get a negative rating for the work they dont do and support they do not provide. Not good at implementing projects or changes that are successful (antiquated client platforms).

NO work life balance!
Excellent company
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 April 2018
Excellent company to work for, and for most of my working experience I had AMAZING co-workers. The work itself was just not for me at that time in my life.
Rate of pay, benefits, management and training opportunities were all well above average!
Was a great place to work.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS16 January 2019
ADP was a great place to work. I was only on a work term and so did not have enough time. For the short time I was there, which was during the Christmas season, ADP was very good to us. I was a great place to be. The management was very supportive and I would have loved to be there full time.
Pros
Employees are treated will, there were free lunches and so forth
Cons
Was only a tern job
Good pay - very stressful -lots of office politics
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2017
Lots of politics amongst the sales leaders and who they choose as their favorites. More attention needs to be paid to everyone's success - better more experienced managers are necessary to do this. Also, time off is an earned privilege- don't make it seem like it's a burden for your staff to take the time off they need. We are human beings not robots. The benefits are fantastic and they pay is decent for Small business but more time can be spent developing and retaining talent. More attention needs to be paid towards your staff mental health - there are people suffering from severe anxiety and are looked down upon as weak. Try and understand your sales staff better
Pros
Free lunches from time to time, Sometimes get to leave the office at 4/4:30pm on Fridays, Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Long hours, Lots of politics with Management, Not much support
All that Glitters...
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 March 2018
ADP isn't as advertised. At first, the company appears to be for a great work/life balance and diversity and about the employees. They even say, "Don't worry about retaining anything right away because it takes two years to be good". However, once training and the course is complete, they expect you to work longer than normal hours from either the office or home. There wasn't a single manager of colour in the Halifax office. They pressure you not to make a single mistake and when you do, the management abandons you or begins to micromanage you. They claim to start you off at 38000 per year, but by the time you put in the overtime, you will be lucky if you are making 30000. The bonus system seems to be based more on popularity and what you did for your manager.

The most stressful place I've ever worked and not worth the pay grade.
Job environment is Friendly
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 December 2018
1.ADP working environment is Amazing.
2.Colleagues are very helpful.
3.Senior Management understands our thoughts.
4.Flexible working hours.
5.I love and enjoy each and every day at ADP.
Pros
Allowed WFH
Do Not Recommend
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 March 2018
ADP provides good training, if you are looking to gain basic sales experience and knowledge in payroll. However, this definitely is not a job for everyone. This a good job, if you are fresh out of school, and desperate for a job. It is a young culture and there is a lot of turn over. Boss will micromanage you, you cannot be 5 mins late but the management will expect that you work after hours. It is all about sales numbers and highest dials that you can make, expect at least 100 per day, that it will make you feel like you are working for a call centre. There is no work life balance. If you have a doctor’s appointment - don’t expect to go during work hours because they will tell you to do it during your personal time which is the weekend (and you are lucky if your doctor is even open on the weekend). Do you enjoy taking vacations? Even though you start with 3-weeks, they prefer that you break them up during the year (good luck trying to take a week off). The interview process is long, ADP will tell you that there is a lot of opportunities for growth but really, it’s because there is a lot of turn over. That should be the first red flag. During my time at ADP, most people left the company in less than a year looking for better opportunities.
Pros
free coffee and free food (sometimes)
Cons
low pay, micromanage, no work-life balance
Good management
Compensation and Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 August 2018
Lots of new initiatives, lots of work and opportunity to learn.
Need to improve on some processes that fit with the business
Need more people overall to do the work
Pros
good management
Cons
work in silos sometimes
Fantistic Environment to be employed with equal worklife balance
Implementation Specialist - Payroll (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 May 2018
There is ample on the job training, something different every day, great management in place.
Various opportunities to grow if a specific department isn't suited to you.
Ability to work remote as needed, pending your role is reassuring when you have a family.
Pros
Flexible hours and wages
Cons
Nothing at present
Given the opportunity to learn and advance career
Director of Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2018
- sales drive company
- dynamic Sales Leadership
- lots of opportunity to try learn and try new things
- #1 in their industry
- lean management strcture
A good company for compliance-focused employees
Learning and development consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 May 2017
A good place to work if you're looking for a stable, well structured, not too challenging, secure job.
Not as good a place to work if you want to advance in your career, especially is working in a remote office.
Pros
work-life balance, benefits, structure
Cons
long decision-making process, no room for personal initiative, demagoguery from management
Good job but lacked opportunity
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario4 May 2017
Only person in office
Management not very supportive
Installed new computer system while there
No benefits or advancement opportunities
Hardest part of job was trying to please management
Management didn't understand accounting
Pros
Being only person in office and left alone quite a bit
Cons
Lack of support from management
Excellent place to work
Technicien en mise en oeuvre / implantation (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 May 2018
The team the people the managers all are amazing. You never wake up like I dont want to work, you were happy to go to work.
You can work from home, so dont worry if is snowing, or the car doesnt star, or you just lost the train, you can work from home, and you dont need to give any explanation about
Pros
The team
Cons
overtime
Great
UI Architect / Principle Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2018
Great company, good atmosphere. Lots of growth opportunity and personal development. Management is great. Good work life balance as well which is important.
Fast-paced, great opportunities to learn.
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Islington and Bloor, Toronto, ON.19 October 2017
Fast-paced, aggressive timelines, but able to work from home. Honed my Captivate skills while working there.
Hardest part of the job was commuting from home to work - from east GTA to west GTA, but balanced with working from home.
Culture was very hectic, but had opportunities to be very creative.
Pros
Creative aspect of the job. Great management team when I worked there.
Cons
Long hours, department was under-staffed.
Great place but they fill your workload past capacity
Implementation (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 October 2015
Great environment and co-workers but you'll be overburdened with work, and there seems to be a downward trend with employee-care but continued success with meeting their sales estimates.

Even nice managers will be hard-strung when bringing up nitty-gritty details for your performance reviews, for yourself, and your co-workers.
Benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADP. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K