ADP Management reviews

Found 73 reviews matching the search See all 5,097 reviews
Used to be good, not anymore
Tech & Apps Management Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 May 2019
Lots of changes from above that were not for the better and it seems all the other departments like mine are either overworked or understaffed, or both.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
You are easily replaceable
Lots of growth
Human Resources Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2019
Was only there for a years contract, but learned a great deal about the operations of the Human Resources department, from Benefits specialist, generalists and the HR Director.
Very Poor definition of roles and lot's of infighting amongst departments
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Global30 March 2019
Worst job experience of my life. Took forever for ADP to finish interview process and reference checks. Then when you call back to get any info on what the status of your interview is they don't respond at all. We had a constant flow of people leaving and resigning as a result of no leadership in place and constant time issues to get resolution on anything.
Pros
Cons
lot's of turnover and infighting. Not a fun culture.
Pathetic, DIsgusting company
Report Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2019
Let me just say this... those at ADP should be in prison rather than doing their work. This company has no morals. So if that is what you're are all about, ADP can be a good fit.
Pros
Plenty of people to talk to
Cons
Prostitution of morals
Payroll Specialist
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto15 February 2019
It wasn't challenging enough for me as every day work was structured. I was used to challenging enviroment and this was not motivating me. Management was nice.
Was a great place to work.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS16 January 2019
ADP was a great place to work. I was only on a work term and so did not have enough time. For the short time I was there, which was during the Christmas season, ADP was very good to us. I was a great place to be. The management was very supportive and I would have loved to be there full time.
Pros
Employees are treated will, there were free lunches and so forth
Cons
Was only a tern job
Relaxing environment
Developer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2019
very poor management.. you will not learn enough here. Almost no exposure to new technologies. No fun activities at all ! Salary is very very less compare to other bigger organization..
Job environment is Friendly
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 December 2018
1.ADP working environment is Amazing.
2.Colleagues are very helpful.
3.Senior Management understands our thoughts.
4.Flexible working hours.
5.I love and enjoy each and every day at ADP.
Pros
Allowed WFH
Company was a disappointment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 December 2018
The job was perm. It was supposed to be stable. Was supposed to have an amazing work culture, what a fail. I left a higher paying position for what should have been a stable position. Not only did they discriminate my gender they used the trainer as a sounding board to report my personal life to managers and justify firing me after 3 weeks of completing training.

I have had some progressional regrets in my life, but this by far tops it. I no longer trust the big corporate companies that sell their super working conditions who promise employees come first and have left the field altogether.

I had to make a complaint to labour board just to get paid as they “forgot my day of work”, made an error on my record of employment and refuse to send me my papers. And this is a payroll service company. Took 5 weeks to get final pay.

This job was not worth the hassle, they lied about working conditions in the interview, they lied about work schedule during the offer and they have 3 managers who are completely incompetent and who will forever mark my time there as negative.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, black out periods, poor management
No longer fun
TLM Product support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montreal Canada15 November 2018
When I started it was very good. Over time however, it became dubious as to whether you would keep your job.
You could be "disciplined" without any evidence being shown.
The employees however, are the best part. They are awesome. This is my own experience for others it may be different.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management
Lack of Training is frustrating
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 September 2018
Coworkers are fantastic. It's difficult to communicate with management and there is little to no training.

You would think that such a large (Global) company would be on top of training and hiring new people, but they're seriously lacking in this department and it's sad because they're losing so many amazing people!

The 38k is not worth the amount of stress you'll have to deal with.
Pros
Decent money, good benefits
Cons
No training or real structure
Good management
Compensation and Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 August 2018
Lots of new initiatives, lots of work and opportunity to learn.
Need to improve on some processes that fit with the business
Need more people overall to do the work
Pros
good management
Cons
work in silos sometimes
Stress place to work
LOW SALARY
Too much competitive
Learn a lot
Good knowledge
Management dosent know the payroll
Pros
Good knowledge
Cons
low salary for overbooked work and stress
Given the opportunity to learn and advance career
Director of Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2018
- sales drive company
- dynamic Sales Leadership
- lots of opportunity to try learn and try new things
- #1 in their industry
- lean management strcture
Fantistic Environment to be employed with equal worklife balance
Implementation Specialist - Payroll (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 May 2018
There is ample on the job training, something different every day, great management in place.
Various opportunities to grow if a specific department isn't suited to you.
Ability to work remote as needed, pending your role is reassuring when you have a family.
Pros
Flexible hours and wages
Cons
Nothing at present
Excellent place to work
Technicien en mise en oeuvre / implantation (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 May 2018
The team the people the managers all are amazing. You never wake up like I dont want to work, you were happy to go to work.
You can work from home, so dont worry if is snowing, or the car doesnt star, or you just lost the train, you can work from home, and you dont need to give any explanation about
Pros
The team
Cons
overtime
Excellent company
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 April 2018
Excellent company to work for, and for most of my working experience I had AMAZING co-workers. The work itself was just not for me at that time in my life.
Rate of pay, benefits, management and training opportunities were all well above average!
fun
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 March 2018
I worked for ADP Philippines for 6 months, I enjoyed every moment in that company, we were very pampered by the management. We had potlucks every month.
All that Glitters...
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 March 2018
ADP isn't as advertised. At first, the company appears to be for a great work/life balance and diversity and about the employees. They even say, "Don't worry about retaining anything right away because it takes two years to be good". However, once training and the course is complete, they expect you to work longer than normal hours from either the office or home. There wasn't a single manager of colour in the Halifax office. They pressure you not to make a single mistake and when you do, the management abandons you or begins to micromanage you. They claim to start you off at 38000 per year, but by the time you put in the overtime, you will be lucky if you are making 30000. The bonus system seems to be based more on popularity and what you did for your manager.

The most stressful place I've ever worked and not worth the pay grade.
Do Not Recommend
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 March 2018
ADP provides good training, if you are looking to gain basic sales experience and knowledge in payroll. However, this definitely is not a job for everyone. This a good job, if you are fresh out of school, and desperate for a job. It is a young culture and there is a lot of turn over. Boss will micromanage you, you cannot be 5 mins late but the management will expect that you work after hours. It is all about sales numbers and highest dials that you can make, expect at least 100 per day, that it will make you feel like you are working for a call centre. There is no work life balance. If you have a doctor’s appointment - don’t expect to go during work hours because they will tell you to do it during your personal time which is the weekend (and you are lucky if your doctor is even open on the weekend). Do you enjoy taking vacations? Even though you start with 3-weeks, they prefer that you break them up during the year (good luck trying to take a week off). The interview process is long, ADP will tell you that there is a lot of opportunities for growth but really, it’s because there is a lot of turn over. That should be the first red flag. During my time at ADP, most people left the company in less than a year looking for better opportunities.
Pros
free coffee and free food (sometimes)
Cons
low pay, micromanage, no work-life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADP. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K