Here to help
Coronavirus update

ADP Pay & benefits reviews: Payroll Specialist

Payroll Specialist15 reviews
Canada15 reviews
Coworkers are fantastic. It's difficult to communicate with management and there is little to no training.

You would think that such a large (Global) company would be on top of training and hiring new people, but they're seriously lacking in this department and it's sad because they're losing so many amazing people!

The 38k is not worth the amount of stress you'll have to deal with.
Pros
Decent money, good benefits
Cons
No training or real structure
The job was perm. It was supposed to be stable. Was supposed to have an amazing work culture, what a fail. I left a higher paying position for what should have been a stable position. Not only did they discriminate my gender they used the trainer as a sounding board to report my personal life to managers and justify firing me after 3 weeks of completing training.

I have had some progressional regrets in my life, but this by far tops it. I no longer trust the big corporate companies that sell their super working conditions who promise employees come first and have left the field altogether.

I had to make a complaint to labour board just to get paid as they “forgot my day of work”, made an error on my record of employment and refuse to send me my papers. And this is a payroll service company. Took 5 weeks to get final pay.

This job was not worth the hassle, they lied about working conditions in the interview, they lied about work schedule during the offer and they have 3 managers who are completely incompetent and who will forever mark my time there as negative.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, black out periods, poor management
My day would start at 8 am and I'd go home exhausted due to the stress. People were great to work with but the job was demanding and the better the quality of your work, the more you got handed to get done!
Pros
All paid for Christmas party, summer lunch
Cons
Long hours, had to work extra at year end to get the work done, black out between Dec & Mar
Very well organized and employee focused company. A great place to work. Involves dealing with upset employees of client companies, but can be very rewarding when you are able to help them. Good hours, benefits, management.
Working in the COS department was extremely busy with unlimited workload. The most efficient employees are saddled with the most volume of work.

The learning opportunities are endless as there are regular online courses and internal training sessions offered. The employee education program is one of the best in the industry and certainly one of the strengths of the company. Through hands on training or by networking with other associates within the organization an individual can pick up the knowledge and experience that would take years or even decades to attain elsewhere. ADP is an unofficial payroll learning factory.

Management is very supportive when it comes to dealing with client concerns. There is an understanding that job quality will suffer due to the high volume of work. The mandate of management is to minimize or completely eliminate overtime pay.
Employees are expected to balance between volunteering their time for free or let service levels suffer as the work cannot be completed within the standard working hours.

Another great strength of the organization is the employees. ADP has some of the hardest working, knowledgeable and most supportive employees in any company. Coworkers rally around each other to assist during peak periods. There is a very close bond between coworkers that is very special and unique. I would be happy to work with any of my former ADP colleagues should another opportunity arise.

The hardest part of the job is knowing you can either give 100% of your attention to 80% of your clients or provide 80% of the quality needed
 - more...
Pros
Many opportunities for training and gaining a lot of experience in a short amount of time.
Cons
Long hours and low pay