Here to help
Coronavirus update

ADP Employee Reviews for Payroll Specialist

Payroll Specialist14 reviews
Canada14 reviews
My manager was great. Although, ADP was very dishonest. They advised all employees would be getting a bonus at a certain point of the year. They only gave it to a select few of the employees and basically wanted everyone to stay quiet so the others would think no one got the job. When I approached my manager about it he did not have an answer as to why this happened and said it was very unfortunate. He apparently did not have any input in the distribution of the bonues as he was away on sick leave.
Official response from ADP
23 March 2020
Thank you for the honest insights and assessment of ADP. We appreciate you taking the time to invest in writing this review and are sorry to hear about your disappointing experience.
There was sum anti black comments that went unaddressed. They thought that an apology was good enough.
The bonus each year was great. Great working hrs as well
ADP is so stressful environment
juggling between 10 to 15 different companies each day between process , issues, upgrades also internal with administrators who hardly finish their work so i can start my part .
I enjoy working at ADP. We get to learn something new everyday. But, you need to be able to work around delays. There is always someone ready to help !
ADP is well manage and provide services to their clients very professionally. The management is very professional and cooperative. There is a huge opportunity to learn payroll. They always update for any development required such as legislation change. Very friendly environment and I enjoyed working at ADP.
Pros
They arrange for fun and free foods time to time
Cons
May require extra hours work during Year end time
Very little to no training provided by company
Shortage of employees due to high turnaround which means more work and more stress

VERY poor management starts from the top and works its way down

The people make the job. Fun environment. Young culture.

Lots of room to grow if you can survive.
It wasn't challenging enough for me as every day work was structured. I was used to challenging enviroment and this was not motivating me. Management was nice.
The job was perm. It was supposed to be stable. Was supposed to have an amazing work culture, what a fail. I left a higher paying position for what should have been a stable position. Not only did they discriminate my gender they used the trainer as a sounding board to report my personal life to managers and justify firing me after 3 weeks of completing training.

I have had some progressional regrets in my life, but this by far tops it. I no longer trust the big corporate companies that sell their super working conditions who promise employees come first and have left the field altogether.

I had to make a complaint to labour board just to get paid as they “forgot my day of work”, made an error on my record of employment and refuse to send me my papers. And this is a payroll service company. Took 5 weeks to get final pay.

This job was not worth the hassle, they lied about working conditions in the interview, they lied about work schedule during the offer and they have 3 managers who are completely incompetent and who will forever mark my time there as negative.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, black out periods, poor management
Coworkers are fantastic. It's difficult to communicate with management and there is little to no training.

You would think that such a large (Global) company would be on top of training and hiring new people, but they're seriously lacking in this department and it's sad because they're losing so many amazing people!

The 38k is not worth the amount of stress you'll have to deal with.
Pros
Decent money, good benefits
Cons
No training or real structure
My day would start at 8 am and I'd go home exhausted due to the stress. People were great to work with but the job was demanding and the better the quality of your work, the more you got handed to get done!
Pros
All paid for Christmas party, summer lunch
Cons
Long hours, had to work extra at year end to get the work done, black out between Dec & Mar
Great company would tell anyone to apply great pay and great training. We help you to succeed and also helps you to elevate to the next level. Always willing to educate yourselves
Very well organized and employee focused company. A great place to work. Involves dealing with upset employees of client companies, but can be very rewarding when you are able to help them. Good hours, benefits, management.
Working in the COS department was extremely busy with unlimited workload. The most efficient employees are saddled with the most volume of work.

The learning opportunities are endless as there are regular online courses and internal training sessions offered. The employee education program is one of the best in the industry and certainly one of the strengths of the company. Through hands on training or by networking with other associates within the organization an individual can pick up the knowledge and experience that would take years or even decades to attain elsewhere. ADP is an unofficial payroll learning factory.

Management is very supportive when it comes to dealing with client concerns. There is an understanding that job quality will suffer due to the high volume of work. The mandate of management is to minimize or completely eliminate overtime pay. Employees are expected to balance between volunteering their time for free or let service levels suffer as the work cannot be completed within the standard working hours.

Another great strength of the organization is the employees. ADP has some of the hardest working, knowledgeable and most supportive employees in any company. Coworkers rally around each other to assist during peak periods. There is a very close bond between coworkers that is very special and unique. I would be happy to work with any of my former ADP colleagues should another opportunity arise.

The hardest part of the job is knowing you can either give 100% of your attention to 80% of your clients or provide 80% of the quality needed
 - more...
Pros
Many opportunities for training and gaining a lot of experience in a short amount of time.
Cons
Long hours and low pay
This company has an excellent work environment with an enthusiastic workers. Each day we have an opportunity to serve better to the several clients by given then information on time, paying the employees according to the legislation, processing and remitting all the statutory deductions, and so on. I have gained a lot experience balancing accounts, year end process, training the payroll administrator, supervising, and auditing the payroll reports to be processed.