Here to help
Coronavirus update

ADP Employee Reviews

Canada253 reviews
Very cordual place to work. Nice incentives for free activities, free food
I loved working at ADP but being hired by an employment agency, I was not treated the same as a person hired directly from ADP. Although I would consider working for them again if asked to do so.
Pros
Free lunches, a lot of free events with free stuff
Cons
Being hired by an outside employment agency, is not the way you should go Apply direct to ba na employee of ADP
I miss my old Supervisor
It's not the same. I enjoy the new supervisor.
The Clients are amazing. They are so enjoyable to work with. I look forward to going to work every day. i would love to work longer hrs but it is not in the budget
Pros
Love the clients
Cons
lots
L'ambiance de travail dépend du chef d'équipe/gestionnaire
Les avantages et conditions sont bonnes sur papier, mais certains gestionnaires sont particulièrement difficiles à vivre. L'entreprise cherche à remonter sa quote en ce moment et ne se concentre que sur les statistiques et les revenus. Soyez averti: les potentiels sont intéressants mais dépendant de vos objectifs de carrières, l'expérience peut être plus négative qu'avantageuse.
Toxic environment & bully behaviour
An HR company, with no HR leadership in Canada?
Zero accountability for leaders. The President is a figurehead who is not respected by his peers and is in way over his head. He is bullied by Sales. This lack of leadership is apparent at all levels of the organization and is a breeding ground for the toxic culture that they can't seem to shake.

No genuine concern or even basic interest in employees or their basic needs to be set up for success and engaged in their roles.

Bro-culture. Priority for advancement is given to men - in all departments.

Racial stereotypes freely roll off the tongue of a particular executive while the President laughs and cheers him on in the sidelines. When advised how their behaviour acts against the inclusive environment they should be trying to promote, they dismiss it as not important. Humour over respect. Yet, they want their picture taken while they march in the Pride parade...tokenism at it's best.

Marketing lead for Canada has no marketing experience outside a narrow scope of product, which doesn't matter here because Canada really has no autonomy or decision-making authority at a strategy level. The matrix org does not facilitate that.

If you're a white, straight, able-bodied, male...this job is for you!

Don't even think about going on mat-leave here, this very American company will only give you a few weeks!
Poor management and underpaid
No training, no proper support and when they ask you how you can help, your suggestions 100% fall on deaf ears. They cut many tenured people and hired an entire workforce in India for cheaper without finding replacements. When they tell you that you matter... you do not and ask the same stupid questions year after year without listening to or implementing solutions. In the years I have been there, nothing has changed. You are overworked, underpaid, understaffed and underappreciated.
Great Work-Life Balance
Pros:
Great worklife balance

Great people to work with once you get to know them

Wonderful people to mentor you.

Cons:

Some departments and people are cliquey though.
Amazing associate but the department I worked for sucks the management
Very Stressful dept I worked for especially when your handling all the issue from the onsite support technical issues
At first I thought I could handle everything but one person can't handle all multiple issues .

The learning curve is not what I experience - there isnt much time to learn especially when your contractor
Excellent learning experience
At ADP you can learn new skills in Payroll - get CPA certified
Work with various cross functional teams to learn and understand product delivery

Learn Management skills

Work with cross border clients

Learn Compliance testing and Payroll legislation
ADP is a great place to work
I very much enjoy working at ADP. I feel a part of an excellent team and my manager is fantastic. ADP makes every effort to commend and recognize each of us for the work we do! The benefits are great, even for part timers. Wages are not to bad, but the benefits make up for it .
Good pay but little or no recognition from your manager
Pay and benefits are really good. Management could be better. It is a call center type o job so expect lot of calls to take and pressure from management. Colleagues were great. Training provided by the company could be better
Pros
Pay and benefits
Poor management
Poor management and collaboration. Poor design of projects with a skill set that left a lot to be desired. Systems were very old and out of date. Poor time management.
30 March 2020
Thank you for sharing your insights with us on Indeed regarding your role at ADP and the time you spent with us. We are sorry to hear about this experience and value your feedback.
Sbs cos
They will burn out employee's until they go on sick leave. The dying department of COS is a revolving door of new clients and clients who want to leave due to horrible service. It is difficult to service 90 clients to full satisfaction.
30 March 2020
Thank you for sharing your insights with us on Indeed. We are sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. Your review help us improve our overall processes and we appreciate your assessment.
Terrible company to work for
They treat you like a number.
You are expected to work long hours over time and managers are micromanaging thier staff.

Many employees go on short term and long term frequently.

No work life balance.
23 March 2020
Thank you for the honest insights and assessment of ADP. We appreciate you taking the time to invest in writing this review and are sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. Your review helps us improve our overall processes and we will share your feedback.
no thank you
My manager was great. Although, ADP was very dishonest. They advised all employees would be getting a bonus at a certain point of the year. They only gave it to a select few of the employees and basically wanted everyone to stay quiet so the others would think no one got the job. When I approached my manager about it he did not have an answer as to why this happened and said it was very unfortunate. He apparently did not have any input in the distribution of the bonues as he was away on sick leave.
23 March 2020
Okay place to work, hard to sell product
Product is expensive and not very competitive to others. Once product is sold prepare for mistakes by outsourced staff in India. Product requires alot of client hand holding, pay out is not worth time spent.
23 March 2020
Thank you for sharing your insights with us on Indeed. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. Your review helps us to improve our overall processes and we appreciate your assessment.
A typical large company where the pace can vary from slow to fast with sometimes realistic deadlines and at other times tight deadlines.
There is usually sufficient training and support provided.

A decent place to work.
Pride at work
Working in ADP is a privilege that i will take pride. People are so professional in sharing their knowledge. It gives me an opportunity to widen my horizon in some aspect which gives me confidence that i can be proud of.
Collaborative Environment, that fosters change and development
Great technology company in HCM space to work for. Lots of opportunities to grow and develop. You are encouraged to bring your own self to work everyday and make a difference!
Thank you for sharing your fantastic review on Indeed! #WorkHappy
Practice what you preach
They are very proud of their diversified culture, and anti harassment program which is great, but there is still favouritism and bullying happening behind closed doors.
2 March 2020
Hello and thank you for providing your insight into your experience working for ADP. ADP prides itself on creating and maintaining a workplace where employees work in a professional environment and are treated fairly. We appreciate your feedback and advice and we would like to hear more about your specific situation so that we can review your concern completely. Please contact our Associate Relations team at hr.associate.relations@adp.com
Terrible Culture
Terrible work/life balance. You'll get emails at 10 PM on a Sunday night, you'll get texts 5 hours after close on Christmas Eve, no matter what position or the importance of the work. Very terrible company culture, you're either a stepping stone to further your manager's career or a liability.
Pros
Beautiful office, good location, competitve salary.
Cons
Terrible work/life balance and management
2 March 2020
Not awesome but not the worst
It’s not awesome to work at adp but they pay well and provide you with a laptop so it’s not all bad
A ton of opportunity for overtime

Super stressful during year end and you also can’t take vacation from 01 November until 01 March even for the December holidays because it is super busy then
2 March 2020
Thank you for sharing your insights about your role at ADP with us on Indeed. Your feedback is valued and helps us improve our experiences for associates.