ADP Employee Reviews

Productive work environment with room for advancement
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2018
I began ADP with only having Customer service experience and had very little knowledge about HR and payroll. After being here for 8 years, I learned everything i needed to know and also received my certificate as a payroll practitioner. ADP offers great benefits and has great resources to improve at your job and to advance towards any future career goals
Friendly work environment
Time and Labor Management Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS19 June 2018
Fast-past job. Most staff feel over worked. Training needs improvement. Employees are friendly. Onsite cafeteria, gym, and free parking are great perks.
Adp un milieu de travail dain et evolutif
Assistante commerciale (Former Employee) –  tunis19 June 2018
une siciéte structurée et évolutive en matière de travail et évolution.
l'emploi au sein d Adp permet d'accéder à des avantages salariaux et sociaux
Stress place to work
LOW SALARY
Too much competitive
Learn a lot
Good knowledge
Management dosent know the payroll
Pros
Good knowledge
Cons
low salary for overbooked work and stress
A truly professional place to work
Bilingual Tax Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2018
A typical day would be receiving inbound calls in both English and French. The calls would often be requesting tax adjustments and reports from ADP. the reports would help our clients resolve penalties and interest they acquired from the various government agencies.
Pros
Great office environment
Cons
No comment
Given the opportunity to learn and advance career
Director of Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2018
- sales drive company
- dynamic Sales Leadership
- lots of opportunity to try learn and try new things
- #1 in their industry
- lean management strcture
Fantistic Environment to be employed with equal worklife balance
Implementation Specialist - Payroll (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 May 2018
There is ample on the job training, something different every day, great management in place.
Various opportunities to grow if a specific department isn't suited to you.
Ability to work remote as needed, pending your role is reassuring when you have a family.
Pros
Flexible hours and wages
Cons
Nothing at present
Excellent place to work
Technicien en mise en oeuvre / implantation (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 May 2018
The team the people the managers all are amazing. You never wake up like I dont want to work, you were happy to go to work.
You can work from home, so dont worry if is snowing, or the car doesnt star, or you just lost the train, you can work from home, and you dont need to give any explanation about
Pros
The team
Cons
overtime
Awesome
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJ9 May 2018
Awesome Experience I started in january'17 and it has been an amazing experience each day. I wake up #Workhappy to go in. I am proud of what I do and my environment is positive and motivational each day.
An extremely stable company to work for
PAYROLL & BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 April 2018
A great and prestigious company to work for The environment was very secure and sensitive due to the company culture. There were many facilities for employees to relax and thus be able to give better performance
Excellent company
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 April 2018
Excellent company to work for, and for most of my working experience I had AMAZING co-workers. The work itself was just not for me at that time in my life.
Rate of pay, benefits, management and training opportunities were all well above average!
fun
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 March 2018
I worked for ADP Philippines for 6 months, I enjoyed every moment in that company, we were very pampered by the management. We had potlucks every month.
All that Glitters...
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 March 2018
ADP isn't as advertised. At first, the company appears to be for a great work/life balance and diversity and about the employees. They even say, "Don't worry about retaining anything right away because it takes two years to be good". However, once training and the course is complete, they expect you to work longer than normal hours from either the office or home. There wasn't a single manager of colour in the Halifax office. They pressure you not to make a single mistake and when you do, the management abandons you or begins to micromanage you. They claim to start you off at 38000 per year, but by the time you put in the overtime, you will be lucky if you are making 30000. The bonus system seems to be based more on popularity and what you did for your manager.

The most stressful place I've ever worked and not worth the pay grade.
Do Not Recommend
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 March 2018
ADP provides good training, if you are looking to gain basic sales experience and knowledge in payroll. However, this definitely is not a job for everyone. This a good job, if you are fresh out of school, and desperate for a job. It is a young culture and there is a lot of turn over. Boss will micromanage you, you cannot be 5 mins late but the management will expect that you work after hours. It is all about sales numbers and highest dials that you can make, expect at least 100 per day, that it will make you feel like you are working for a call centre. There is no work life balance. If you have a doctor’s appointment - don’t expect to go during work hours because they will tell you to do it during your personal time which is the weekend (and you are lucky if your doctor is even open on the weekend). Do you enjoy taking vacations? Even though you start with 3-weeks, they prefer that you break them up during the year (good luck trying to take a week off). The interview process is long, ADP will tell you that there is a lot of opportunities for growth but really, it’s because there is a lot of turn over. That should be the first red flag. During my time at ADP, most people left the company in less than a year looking for better opportunities.
Pros
free coffee and free food (sometimes)
Cons
low pay, micromanage, no work-life balance
ADP has both it's pros and cons
Payroll Programmer (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 March 2018
Being such a large company and handling of so many clients, it's such a great place to build your skills. I learned more there in 5 years than many would learn in a payroll lifetime.

There is an overemphasis on putting the clients first and not on the wellbeing of the employees. While there is a lot of training available, new employees are asked to forego training and provided with clients right off the get go.

There is high turnover in ADP, but there are also a small set of really knowledgeable employees you can learn a lot from.

They need to improve their ability to bring in quality talent and focus more on developing the skills of their employees instead of just managing the #'s.

Albeit I would still return to ADP in the right role. Some business units have great cultures, while others do not.
Pros
Plenty of training available
Cons
Long hours, too much focus on clients and not on employee well being
Buena empresa
General Manager and VP Philippines (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region27 February 2018
Una empresa que durante muchos años ha tenido un gran clima laboral, desgraciadamente esto ha cambiado por la presión a los resultados y falta de estrategias adecuadas.
People
Lead Technology Consultant R&D (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2018
Good group of people to work with. Diverse skill set and a chance to learn new things. People are helpful and want to do the best for the clients. Overall good place to work.
Pros
Good people, location
Cons
after hours work and sometimes weekends
Good company with a variety of career paths that can be chosen from
Tax and Banking Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia22 February 2018
Good company with a variety of career paths that to choose from. Salaries tend to be on the low side. Great health benefits and a friendly work environment
bad management
DISTRIC T SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 February 2018
management team was not motivating and affected the culture.

the people who worked there were amazing, it just did not have a culture I enjoyed and growth is limited
There was always a lot to learn
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS3 February 2018
Every day was something different, I was always learning new things. I enjoyed working with the team on how to make things more efficient. I learned a lot about problem solving and critical thinking. The workplace culture was directed to the employees, they had multiple social committees and employee groups to be apart of.
Pros
the social committee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADP. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K