ADP

ADP Employee Reviews

Canada269 reviews

Found 269 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,895 reviews

Good company

Great place to work and learn payroll. Many opportunities for career growth. Cannot share anything more.

Pros

Great learning

Always something to do and learn

I worked for ADP for over a decade. While the pay is good in the beginning raises are pitiful even if you are a top performer. The better you do the more work you will be given. Because it is payroll there is zero work life balance, BUT you know this during the interview (at least they should tell you). It is very fast paced and there is always something to do. There is always something new to learn. This is not a boring work place.

Pros

Great people, interesting, room for advancement

Cons

Terrible long hours, no work life balance, pay discrepancy between genders

Best job that I've ever had

The environment and people of ADP is what makes it such a great place to work. Lots of collaboration between peers, and management recognizes good work. Moderate benefits, fairly competitive pay, and good vacation policy.

A lot to learn but too overworked

I learned so much at ADP. They encourage learning, pay for your courses. But you work until 8-9pm many nights, how would you have time to take additional courses? The theory behind their culture is good, my manager trusted us, told us to log off early when it's a long weekend, but nobody logs off because there's just so much work to do. I went in wanting to learn, but then it gets quite crazy. But I'm truly grateful for the opportunity and where they've brought me to professionally. Not for the faint of heart, you're left on your own quite often even when things don't work, just gotta learn figure it out. Be prepared to be challenged!

Pros

Great learning experience, good benefits

Cons

Long hours, gets very stressful

3 August 2021
We appreciate the time you spent with ADP and the insights you shared about your experience. Your feedback will be shared with our leadership teams, so we can better improve our associate experience.

Very fun and productive company and it pays well.

ADP is a top notched employer. They sure take care of their employees. Benefits are good and they pay well compare to market. Also give out bonuses.

3 August 2021
We really appreciate your review and rating. Thank you for sharing insights with us on Indeed. Your feedback is valuable to us.

No Equality, Poor HR Management

Was once the coolest place to work but sadly has completely lost its edge. Poor management across the board with many failing upwards who don't know how to manage others well if at all. Poor HR management

Pros

Na

Cons

Poor HR Management

3 August 2021
Thank you for the insights and assessment of ADP and we are sorry to hear about this experience. We value the time you spent with us and appreciate you taking the time to invest in writing this review.

Avoid it

- this company has problems it refuses to solve- more interested in putting glossy paint over a problem then doing the hard work of fixing itThey will likely take what you give them and give not much backHigh turnover for a reason.Old slow company that is losing market share to the smallest of firms.

Pros

Training

Cons

Unreasonable demands

2 June 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate hearing from current associates and will share your insights with our leadership teams.

Great people

Cons: Deadlines challenging at times Pros: Great people to work with. I had very good managers. Great vacation pay even for new hires. Good options if you are looking to work part time.

Environnement corporatif

il faut minimum 4 entretiens pour rentrer chez ADP. Centre d'appel corporatif sans âme. Des réunions de travail a n'en plus finir. Un produit moyennement intéressant. Des clients pas très satisfaits causé par des processus compliqués. Bcp d'employés restent 1 an et ne reviennent plus. Turn over très important.

Pros

Reer collectif.

Cons

des réunions incessantes, un turn over d'employés incroyable

Productive, good and fun learning place

Productive, good and fun learning place to grow your skills and experience. I worked at ADP for a short period of time but learnt so many things in ADP.

Horrible, disorganized and not worth the stress

Managers were never around as they were busy on escalation calls with clients due to the poor disorganization of the implementation department. Needless to say everyone passes the buck around and no one wants to complete the job or correct the issues the issues are passed down to the payroll specialists. Should you have children and a family this job isn’t for you. The sales rep promise these clients the world but never own up to the broken promises.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

You are just a number

27 August 2020
Thank you for sharing your insights with us on Indeed. We are sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. Your review helps us improve our overall processes and experience for associates. We value this feedback.

Good Work space and Nice Management

I have learned a lot while I was in ADP.The management was really good and supportive.The work culture was very nice.It was really fun to be a part of an amazing team in this fast pace environment.

27 August 2020
Thank you for the review and rating of the ADP Montreal location. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our company culture and had an amazing team.

Supportive Work Culture Makes up for Stressful Work

Regular day-to-day is very busy. Client calls with differing inquiries and sometimes need assistance. The most challenging thing is probably sometimes understanding what your client is trying to achieve because not all of them quite understand payroll well enough to be able to articulate what they need assistance with. Management and teams are extremely supportive, and if someone doesn't know the answer to something they'll give you leads on who else you might ask or where to look. So much to learn, and so much to do.

27 August 2020
Thank you for sharing your insights with us on Indeed. Your feedback is valuable to us as we continuously strive to improve experiences for our associates. We are happy to hear that you are surrounded by a supportive team!

Environnement dynamique

Beaucoup de collaboration et intégration facile J’ai apprécié les collègues et c’est un bon endroit pour débuter notre carrière

Pros

Repas gratuits

Stay Professional

Relaxed but competitive depends on Team you work along. Team work is very important and the old employees of company are kind of worried about their job and not much helpful when new people join.

27 August 2020
Thank you for sharing your insights and review with us on Indeed. Your feedback helps us improve our experiences for associates and we value your contribution.

Environnement dynamique et rythme rapide

C'est un endroit de travail intéressant mais trop bruyant

Teaming up to kick you out!!!

Old bushes are very painful and they don't let you survive. they team up and try to kick you out...finding your mistake and if they do, they try to hide. Specially in config team and their old team matte.

I miss my old Supervisor

It's not the same. I enjoy the new supervisor. The Clients are amazing. They are so enjoyable to work with. I look forward to going to work every day. i would love to work longer hrs but it is not in the budget

Pros

Love the clients

Cons

lots

L'ambiance de travail dépend du chef d'équipe/gestionnaire

Les avantages et conditions sont bonnes sur papier, mais certains gestionnaires sont particulièrement difficiles à vivre. L'entreprise cherche à remonter sa quote en ce moment et ne se concentre que sur les statistiques et les revenus. Soyez averti: les potentiels sont intéressants mais dépendant de vos objectifs de carrières, l'expérience peut être plus négative qu'avantageuse.

Very cordual place to work. Nice incentives for free activities, free food

I loved working at ADP but being hired by an employment agency, I was not treated the same as a person hired directly from ADP. Although I would consider working for them again if asked to do so.

Pros

Free lunches, a lot of free events with free stuff

Cons

Being hired by an outside employment agency, is not the way you should go Apply direct to ba na employee of ADP

Toxic environment & bully behaviour

An HR company, with no HR leadership in Canada? Zero accountability for leaders. The President is a figurehead who is not respected by his peers and is in way over his head. He is bullied by Sales. This lack of leadership is apparent at all levels of the organization and is a breeding ground for the toxic culture that they can't seem to shake. No genuine concern or even basic interest in employees or their basic needs to be set up for success and engaged in their roles. Bro-culture. Priority for advancement is given to men - in all departments. Racial stereotypes freely roll off the tongue of a particular executive while the President laughs and cheers him on in the sidelines. When advised how their behaviour acts against the inclusive environment they should be trying to promote, they dismiss it as not important. Humour over respect. Yet, they want their picture taken while they march in the Pride parade...tokenism at it's best. Marketing lead for Canada has no marketing experience outside a narrow scope of product, which doesn't matter here because Canada really has no autonomy or decision-making authority at a strategy level. The matrix org does not facilitate that. If you're a white, straight, able-bodied, male...this job is for you! Don't even think about going on mat-leave here, this very American company will only give you a few weeks!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2K