ACS Technologies Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Used to be a decent place to work.
Diocesan Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ27 March 2019
They used to be a good Christian company to work for. When the owner passed things turned for the worse. I went on FMLA and they kept taking my vacation time to cover it and I never had any vacation time to take.
Pros
It wasn't in SC
Cons
We weren't in SC
Summary
SALES SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Florence, SC6 July 2018
It was a very fast paced place to work. There were always changes and new developments which made the job fun and exciting. I learned several different type of software. The management was fair and great to work for. The culture was always team oriented. The hardest part was closing out the month and balancing two different systems and sending the reports to the management and board. It was enjoyable because there was always something new to learn.
Pros
Free Health Insurance and Match 401K
Cons
It was a drive for me.
ACS Technologies is a great place to work!
Financial Software Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SC29 April 2018
As an ACS Financials software support representative, the call volume was pretty steady throughout a calendar year. I averaged about 20-25 calls a day, all requiring a typed problem and resolution summary in a Documentation software. I learned a lot about non-profit accounting supporting the ACS Financials software package, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll. The management within my department was very good--my supervisor was very accommodating. Weekly training sessions about the software and its legacy, as well as its updates, were required. The hardest part of the job for me was when the call volume was extremely high during the month of January, due to tax season. Many customers would call in for support with preparing tax forms within the software, such as Form 1099 and Form W-2. The most enjoyable part of this job was the culture. ACS "gave back" a lot to its employees in the form of gifts, snacks, meals, company picnics, food-catered meetings, ACS branded clothing, etc., and bonuses.
Wonderful
SALES SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Florence, SC3 April 2018
I loved working for ACS. I climbed the ladder easily. It was a fun and sometimes trying position but one I would do over again. I would recommend ACS.
Great Place to Work
Financial Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, SC 2950120 September 2017
Best people to work with out of any job I have ever had. Employees tend to stay at ACS once there because they are treated well. I would say that ACS is the best employer in Florence.
Used to be a great place to work
Endpoint Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SC6 December 2016
When I began at ACS it was a great place to work. After the passing of the owner, it is no longer that kind of place. Was fired after having back surgery, and told I could reapply for the job I had when I started with the company 5 years ago.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Bad management, and horrible experience with HR department.
fast paced, steady
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Florence, SC17 August 2015
Typical day- log in to phone lines, pc up. waiting for calls to come in to resolve issue customers may have.
What I learned - ACS software, receiving calls, dismissing calls.
Management- Great People.
Co-workers- always there for me when I needed. Great team
Hardest part- getting call after call after call, constant flow.
Enjoyable part - knowing after I hung up the clients issue was resolved or in process of and I was the one who was responsible for that. { a feel good about yourself moment}
Pros
On your own, you and the phone and nothing or no one stopping progress.
Cons
on the phone constantly tied to a headset.
Life at ACS
Technical Support and guide client thru inputting (Current Employee) –  Florence, SC20 August 2013
ACS Technologies is a lovely organization. Great environments and the people are very supportive. Opportunities are always available. Thankful for the opportunity to start out here.
A very family and Christian oriented place to work.
Financial Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, SC6 July 2013
A typical day of work consisted of fielding incoming phone calls from clients to help them resolve issues dealing with our Financial Software package. Our Financial Software package was sold exclusively to Churches around the United States to help them track their financial intake.
Pros
Free Healthcare and Soft Drinks
Cons
Not much room for advancement within the Financial Support Field