ABC COUNTRY RESTAURANT Employee Reviews

-fast paced work environment
-good eggs benedict
-makes good tips
-friendly environment
-can be really busy but it works out to faster day and better tips
productive and fun workplace
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC23 February 2018
early morning starts fun customers and helpful staff. owners are considerate, hardworking and friendly. cozy workplace and family oriented. was a great job
was good for a while
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC4 January 2018
it was good work for the summer but got slow and i got laid off without warning. the pay was okay but never recieved tips on time and not nearly enough . for 10h of work i would get 8$ in tips.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
slow boring work
great at looking after scheduling needs
Server/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC12 October 2017
every day in a restaurant is tough, so many different personalities! This is a great place to work for students and people looking for a flexible schedule.
terrible management.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 September 2017
They would hire anyone with a pulse and legs and take advantage of them until they were no longer benefitting them. They had a high staff turnover rate for that reason. During busy season they hire people seasonally without telling them it's seasonal. The majority of the servers were extremely rude and would bully people relentlessly. Generally an awful work environment with no room to grow.
Pros
free food on shift
Cons
management, work environment
Fun workplace great owners!
SERVER/COOK/MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 September 2017
Great family atmosphere, they are continuously working hard on improving the restaurant. As first time restaurant owners they have remarkably increased the sales year after year.
Decent place to work with average pay and no benefits
Cook / Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 August 2017
Restaurant is kept fairly clean, although there is a terrible mouse problem that they can't solve. Several times a day you sill see mice run from one side of the line to the other, sometimes almost running over your feet. Pay is average, there are no benefits. Management is nice enough, but somewhat demanding.
Pros
Good and flexible hours
Cons
Average pay but no benefits
Pleasant to work at
Cold Pass (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC28 April 2017
I worked at ABC country restaurant and it was pleasant to work there. The kitchen was busy to work in. It was fun to make deserts. I learned how to make presentable dishes.
Productive and fun place to work
Hostess/Waitress/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC6 December 2016
I learned to be sensitive to people of many cultures coming through the community during tourism season. Many times customers would come back on a regular basis just to see us waitresses and hostesses. I liked feeling like i made a difference by putting a smile on someones face and making someone's day better.
Pros
putting smiles on customer's face
Cons
on your feet all day
dish washer
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC18 August 2016
i did the dished and helped with making the food also i help with the dishes away and help with the customers and sitting them and putting out the cutlery
it was a great experience with ABC Country
Host and Support (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 August 2016
Friendly co-workers and helpful.
We treat each other as family.
The manager is friendly, open-minded and tough.
Smiling and hard working at place.
I enjoy working in fast task.
Pros
Comfortable with all my duties and co-workers
Cons
no promoting
productive workplace, poorly taken care of.
Hostess & Busser (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB16 May 2016
Typical day at work would be long and stressful due to the fact the building as extremely unsanitary. I learned that management didn't take the step forward to fix any problems that needed to be fixed or the place would get shut down. My co-workers were nice but liked to make the hostess and busser's take care of all their work. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with problems that nobody seemed to care about, but the easiest part of the job would be interacting with customers.
Pros
free meal
Cons
No hours.
always on your feet
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 April 2016
Not only were you in a stressful atmosphere, you were in a fun group of people. The resto is incredibly busy with a lot to do. You have to be on your feet for a lot of hours and at some points you were running from the tables to the food. But every moment of pressure and every rush was well worth it as the team works great to help each other. The owners are hard working and always supportive.
Positive work environment
Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 April 2016
Very good experience, managers and coworkers are always willing to give you a hand without hesitation whenever you may need a little bit of extra time to learn a task, or tips/advice.
Fun fast-paced work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 October 2015
Fun fast-paced work environment. Supportive management. Providing friendly, efficient customer service in a busy restaurant.
fun
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 October 2014
was laid back management but i always made sure i could move up to server or manager
Family like team
Hostess/Waitress/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Mission, BC11 June 2014
ABC and it's employees have watched me grow up over the past five years and many of the staff that have stuck around are like family to me. I enjoy working there and love all of our regular customers that have taken the time to get to know us. My coworkers and boss are amazing and help me whenever I need it. I have definitely learned how to be more confident with myself by talking to strangers.
Busser (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC26 February 2014
ABC Country Restaurant is a great place to work and have very friendly staff. A typical day at work consisted of me clearing tables and setting them again and helping the customers in need. I learned how to move in a fast paced environment. The hardest part of my job was clearing the larger conference tables because I try to take all the dirty dishes in one trip to make it faster, but I am not strong enough. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work and have fun at the same time, I enjoyed working hard and still laughing with the other staff members.
Pros
free food on break if you work 5 hours or more
Cons
not enough hours
Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  merritt2 October 2013
fun place management was cool. worked hard when busy. co-workers were nice.
Provided a fast working environment.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 March 2013
Working at ABC Country Restaurant I've learned to be quick on my feet. Not only do I have to be quick but I have to be very clean and organized. I performed my tasks to the best of my ability. I enjoy working with my fellow peers and meeting new people.
Pros
gained new work experience
Cons
not enough hours