A.S.P. Security

A.S.P. Security Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
A workplace that appreciates the people behind the job title.
At ASP you are valued for what you personally contribute to the company. Committment and work ethic are recognized. There is room to reach your goals.

If you are the type to see ASP as "just another company" or "just another job" you will be disappointed and do not have the work ethic needed to succeed at this company.

If you have pride in yourself, if you take the duty of security seriously, and you strive to give 150% effort, you will be rewarded. Work and promotions are merit-based, so you have to put in effort to achieve them as they will not just get handed to you - you do not automatically get rewarded just for showing up.

You will not get special treatment based on diversity, gender, etc.....you will get back exactly what you put in effortwise. No matter who you are, you will be treated as an individual and will be expected to show you are part of the team and there for each other.

Being a security guard is not just a job title - you will be expected to maintain a certain level of pride in your work, and be able to put the "guard" back into "security guard".

As a Specialist I do work that is similar to Policing in many ways, and also Bodyguard duties depending on the call-out. This company does not mess around or waste time, and it expects employees to be serious-minded, mature, and encourages (and rewards) those with a background in Military and Police Foundations.

Pay and benefits are above average. As with all security companies, there are overtime hours available. ASP respects your work/life balance and strives to accomodate your schedule.
 - more...
Pros
Flexible schedules, above average pay, a family feel to management, health benefits, food often served during training classes
Cons
Standing/walking for a long period of.time, long hours
horrible
very unprofessional. do not waste your time

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME !!!

they do not care at all, they will waste your time and have no type of respect for you whatsoever.
Pros
Cons
everything
Dont waste ur time an effort
No pay for the in class training. Which clearly shows the standard of training given by the instructor who by the way is lost her self an wint answer any questions cuz frm the get go .. first day she's always a day behind !! Macdonald is better than asp !
Pros
Gtaa excellent environment
Cons
Asp has degraded standards
Horrible Management - Customer Service
This company does not care one bit about its employees. Staff with little to no experience are promoted to higher positions over much more qualified individuals due to the managers bias. Would not recommend working for ASP.
Pros
Free Airport Parking
Cons
Negative Environment, Severe Bias from Management
Very welcoming and structured work environment
My internship is on volunteer based but a typical day at work is something I actually look forward to. The people I work with are incredibly nice and very knowledgeable about the industry. I have learned an incredible amount of industry related procedures from my time here. Management is very easy to deal with, and the co-workers have a smile on every time I see them. The hardest part of the job is getting familiarized with the different post names, and the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with people who are in the positions I see myself striving to obtain in the future.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
bus ride with the public to get to the terminal
Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.S.P. Security. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8