A.S.P Security Services Employee Reviews

best security company to work with
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2019
One of the best security company to work with, great friendly environment. People at the office are very kind and helpful. Can not find a more welcoming security company than this one!
overall good job
Canine Handler (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2019
patrol, train, wait for calls for service

learned how to train dogs

management is non existent

workplace is fun and full of things to do

hardest part of job is looking for explosives

most enjoyable part is playing with dogs for a living
Pros
pay, no micromanagement
Cons
equipment, leadership/structure
Avoid at all costs
Patrol guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2019
A typical day of work isn't bad, however it's a multitude of little things that make you realize that they don't care about your well being. They made me do a patrol in the middle of a snow blizzard but they let all of the other well known employees skip that patrol because the weather was unsafe. The site supervisors also lied and targeted me often, everything I did would be a problem but if someone else did the same thing there would be no problem. Maybe they just didn't like me although I didn't give them a reason not to, but honestly avoid this place unless you want to be miss treated and not be able to say anything about it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
A lot of respect from staff, opportunities for growth, new ideas are acknowledged and implemented
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 January 2018
I have had the opportunity to work with ASP for over a year and I have already grown within the company since this time. Any ideas that I really believe in are heard and acknowledged. There is a strong family-feeling among staff members - you really feel a part of the team. What's great about this company, is the personal investment the management team present in training you to be better in your field. They want you to grow and succeed and you are provided with great references outside of the workplace for whatever your long term goals are.
Pros
A lot of perks, opportunities to share and implement ideas, work/life balance is highly respected
Cons
some procedures can take some time to change
Organized, perks!
Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 January 2018
I feel like my opinions are heard. Love the perks and monthly bonuses! Bring on more! Sometimes the hours are tough, but this comes with the industry.

I appreciate the amount of training we get. When i first applied, I was nervous after the application because the airport is huge and I didn't know what to expect. But i know a lot now and feel like I could develop in a lot of ways. Managers seem supportive and really friendly.
Pros
monthly bonuses, perks, annual celebrations, employee appreciation events
good yo start eith asp securitu company.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  mississaqua. and brampton18 March 2017
I feel it is an golden oppurtunity to serve with asp . it is wel known for providing good job and better salary comparing to other. Too many benefit. Better environment management is too good .very welfare minded look after thier emplyee well.one should not miss chance if they get job in asp.i feel if i get in to in wind fall.location and shift timing too good to me. Every one feel homely atmospheres in asp.. All sup are helpful to guards.guards requirement s are met. There is quaterly meeting with management to discuss problem faced by guard..it is an unique one. Remarkable company having6 good and big name in canada.
Pros
Cons
can be
Average
Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2017
Working at A.S.P has had it's ups and downs, there can be long days and issues where the job becomes challenging. Waiting to be relived by someone for just a washroom break can become irritating
Nice work
OPERATION SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
Good management. Nice environment and support. All agents are very supportive. Its good working experience. I like to help passengers.
Cons
Good place to start work with.
Access Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2014
Learnt alot from my first job. And pay should be increased. Also, it was good place to work.
Good
Cons
Nothing bad
management
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto13 September 2014
The company is very good , i enjoyed working with the staff as well , and it was absolutely awesome experience i got after working with A.S.P Security .
Pros
excellent management
Cons
too long hours shifts
The best thing are the coworkers!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On9 March 2014
Management is the largest downfall of this company. You need to scream or threaten to quit to get a 25cent raise! They will promise you the word, but will not deliver.

Stay away if you want to keep your dignity.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Wages, morale, opportunities, hours, management
Access control officer
Access Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto Airport17 February 2014
I really did not get hours working here, and the pay was really low. But working here gave me experience, which will help me in the future.
thanks to this company to give the opportunity to know learn more about the duties that are involved in this profession .
security guard in a condominium (Former Employee) –  toronto8 October 2013
it was good work experience and gained knowledge and understanding for my future gaols in the employment sector .
Pros
management was respectful and understanding.
Cons
supervisors attitude were outside of the company standards .
ASP Security provides a safe work environment.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 December 2012
A typical day at work would begin with security check and equipment review. Then it would move on to actual foot patrol/door patrol and customer service.

I learned very important work ethic of being responsible for my assigned duties. I also learned that each person's commitment towards his/her duties contributes towards the safety and security of the airport. We had to work as a team because we cannot leave our work post unless we have a replacement. Therefore, we ensured that we were ontime and always ready to put in extra time so that the ongoing duties went on unimpeded.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the recognition that you got if you successfully prevented any security breaches.
Pros
safe, secure and fun work place.
Cons
12 hr shifts.