A Thinking Ape

A Thinking Ape Culture reviews

Canada4 reviews

Clear

Smart, kind people who care deeply about their work

AT ATA you get to work with really smart people who care deeply about the games they are working on. People are kind and authentic and everyone is working towards the same goals so there is not much politics and fighting for resources amongst teams. The leadership team is very transparent with the rest of the company about goals and financials. Managers have regular 1:1s and focus a lot on growth and development.

Great place to work!

I have felt very comfortable working at A Thinking Ape since day 1. My team mates are friendly, open and helpful. I am respected by management, and they listen to my ideas. I like the formal 1:1s, where I can give feedback and get information about the company direction. They're very transparent with how decisions are made. This is a great place to be for someone who wants to manage themselves to some extent and not be micro-managed. They have a lot of people who have been at the studio for a long time, and take pride in their work and the progress as a team. I really recommend A Thinking Ape as a place to work!

Pros

Remote within Canada, Stipend to set up my workstation at home, Great team mates and very respectful communication

Cons

None that I have come across so far!

Fantastic employees and management. Hard work life balance. Good pay and advancement.

I worked with a Thinking Ape for a little under 2 years. It was a fantastic work environment (which is now sorta classic startup culture): weekly catered lunch, beer-O-clock, massage chair, snacks, small core hours. I would suggest to anyone looking at employment with them to move forward and apply! The application/interview process can be tough and only a small % of applicants get an interview, even smaller % get offered a job. But this works great as those who work there are all top-notch in their fields and great humans on top of that. Would highly recommend!

Pros

1 free weekly lunch, free snacks, beer-O-clock, great management, good personal advancement

Cons

Work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Thinking Ape. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement