A Bread Affair

A Bread Affair Employee Reviews

Great team spirit

Great place to work, the work is hard but everybody is open to help you and with a great team spirit. Work schedules are adjusted every week but they are open to adjusting your schedule depending on your disponibility.

Pros

Great team and place to work

Cons

You need to be adaptable, and try to help in everything

Productive and energetic workplace

I enjoy learning all the ins and outs of working in a bakery. There is always something new to learn and I look forward to going to work. Coworkers are pleasant and fun to be around.

Pros

Part-time position available, teamwork, good training

Cons

The workload can be too much somedays, hard to keep up at times

Interesting job and awesome people.

The interview process was quick and effective. I immediately realized that the team at Bread Affair is competent, skilled and result-oriented. I’m glad for my decision to join the company and contribute to its growth. They have a good culture. The hourly pay is good.

Pros

I can be creative and innovative in my daily work, and I truly enjoy this!

Cons

I would love to have more opportunities for promotion.

Opportunity to learn new things

Great people to work with, friendly and easy-going environment. Up to date equipment, I'm learning to operate different machines. They are fair with their employees who work hard for the company.

Pros

store discounts, part-time or full-time work, good training

Cons

It’s a lot of work sometimes but the job pays well.

Great company

There is true heart behind this bakery and it shows, I really enjoy working here! The owners are easy going but also passionate about the food they serve. I've learned a lot about baking and can see room for growth here.

Pros

Friendly coworkers and room for growth

Cons

You can start early

Stingy people lead this place

The place was led by stingy people who expected employees to do multiple tasks at one time because they were too stingy to pay overtime to their hard-working staff.

Pros

Nothing I came across in my time.

Good team with many hours

Working at A Bread Affair has been a rewarding experience. I have been able to grow with the company, though I had to put in a lot of hours to do so. I was typically working weekends though I prefer to have week days off as lines are typically shorter during the week.The hardest part of the job was waking up early as they are typically open or operating early.

Pros

Making lots of dough

Comfortable place to work

Close knit teams that knows when to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. Communication is good which is great when you’re working closely. Good team mechanics. They will work with you and help you fit in.

Pros

Good benefits, nice management, decent paycheck

Cons

The work is fast paced and repetitive

Training is good, People are great to work with

The company is growing. Having said that, we have a good structure, effective internal policies, and nice management. There is job security as well. I know I have full support and guidance in challenging situations. The work-life balance is good. The compensation is competitive.

Pros

Well-organized, Hardworking people, Supportive managers

Cons

Flexibility is needed.

It’s a fun job with fun people.

Imagine a workplace that smells good, that’s how I feel like working in our bakery. Never thought I could love my work this much but I do. I have been working here for 5 years. We have a mouthwatering selection of baked products and that makes me feel really good to work here. After all, who doesn’t love breads? I love the owner’s commitment to freshness as well as the other values the company espouses. The atmosphere is really light. Working hours are really short and the schedule is even flexible.

Pros

High hourly rate, health care, and a tight-knit crew.

Cons

It’s hard work, which extends until the weekend. You have to work with your hands because, this bakery does not use any equipment. But it’s a really fun job.

Interesting job with room for growth.

I decided this job is good for me from my first working day. People here are fun and intelligent. I love that I can help them with their office issues, a lot of colleagues come in with a variety of different tasks and I get to assist them. Nice work environment and supportive team, the company provides a lot of opportunities for learning and growth, wide choice of training programs (internal and approved further university).The culture is great, the management builds an inclusive environment where every employee is valued, respected, and supported: competitive wages, benefits program and bonuses.

Pros

Great culture, work with a sense of achievement, good motivation to growth, paid training courses, learning opportunities, competitive compensation package.

Cons

The ongoing challenge of the office work is to strive for mastery, and professionalism which requires a lot of extra time and motivation, patience in dealing with daily duties, developing new skills, ability to work fast under pressure – are very important.

Too many unpaid hours

The company had too many unpaid hours. People were asked to do extra work that can't be finished in regualr work hours. So, working extra hours was the only option. They didn't pay extra for those extra hours!

Good entry job

I was given several responsibilities from the onset and it has helped me build my confidence and skills. Really did not have any serious experience working in an administrative setting but they welcomed me into the team.

Pros

Continuing training, healthcare options, good starting wages

Cons

No real cons for me, perhaps working on weekends

Nice place to work

Good managers and employee-friendly policies. Job is not hard and easy to learn. Flexible hours and great coworkers. Atmosphere in the workplace is light and casual.

Pros

Pay rate is nice, fun people to work with

Cons

It can get busy and we have to stay longer

Comfortable, casual place to work

I’ve learned so much about baking since I’ve been here. But it’s not only a place where you learn but also share your skills and experiences with coworkers. The workplace is organized so everything remains on schedule and we get to go home on time.

Pros

Paid overtime, employee discounts, good starting pay

Cons

Work can feel repetitive at times, but it’s a great opportunity to master your craft

Great job and nice company to work for

My job is simple, and it starts early morning, so I’m free for the rest of the day. This basically means there’s time for a second job or more personal time for me. Management is easy going and lets you do your job if you prove to be responsible. Coworkers are friendly and a joy to work with.

Pros

Job security, good work hours, competitive pay

Cons

None really, just stick to the schedule and you’ll be fine

Positive Workplace

The management and my coworkers are friendly and supportive. They immediately made me feel welcome and part of the team on my first day. I have fun working and learning with the staff. Amazing team environment. I love working with the challenges and growing with the company.

Pros

Steady hours and good starting pay

Cons

None, it’s been a good experience.

Easy work with a good pay

My coworkers are friendly and hardworking. It’s a good place to work where everybody is treated with respect. Expectations are fair, and the work is very organized. No micromanagement. I am able to work on my own and trusted to do my job.

Pros

Friendly management, Good benefits

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about the job.

Fun workplace and casual environment

I am really enjoying my time working here. No surprises, management is very fair with their expectations. Learning a lot about baking so the work is interesting. Coworkers are friendly and workplace is organized.

Pros

Flexible schedule, competitive starting salary

Cons

Baking is a precise science and quality is a big thing here, little room for errors

Productive and fun working environment

The most important thing is that you love what you do, and baking has always been my passion. It is an exciting experience for me, learning everyday and building my knowledge. Employees are treated with respect regardless of their position.

Pros

Steady work and hours, good paycheck

Cons

It takes some time getting used to night shifts

Good job, good people

It is a wonderful experience everyday walking into room full of smiles and good people. I enjoy all the learnings of the ins and outs of the business. The workplace is relaxed and organized. Management is on top of operations and made sure that production was always on time. Good work processes designed to improve efficiency and reduce stress.

Pros

Steady hours, good pay, friendly coworkers

Cons

Fast-paced, must follow a strict schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Bread Affair. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement