A&W Restaurants

A&W Restaurants Employee Reviews

Canada2,336 reviews
Found 2,336 reviews matching the search
A&W restaurants was my first fast food place to work and i can honestly say it was my favourite. The team was amazing and helped ease my stress. The work sometimes was hard but i was able to pull through, I would recommend this place over mcdonalds
My experience was good
It was nice job for me overall. I came to know everything about my work. A lot of good working partners and good facilities that i got and deserved.A&W provides very good services and food to its customers
Fast paced, family owned, fun place to work
A typical day at work for me was busy mornings with lots of friendly faces. I learned a lot of customer service tips and how to work with money fast. Management was very hands on and worked with you. The hardest part of the job was doing the dishes. The most enjoyable part of working at A&W was building relationships with all of the regulars who came in everyday.
busy rushes,
cooked food for customers, cleaned kitchen after store closes, good management and staff to work with. did daily cleaning tasks to keep food and personal safety
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long rushes
Je n'ai pas aimer
Il y a trop de pression et de stresse. Je n'ai pas aimé cette expérience.
Fast paced learning environment
Breakfast, lunch and dinner rushes are extremely difficult with low numbers of staff. However, it makes it easier to pick up the skills needed in this fast paced environment.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Hours vary very week, tough management
I learned many things.
It was a fast-paced job. I learned how to manage everthing in busy times. The most enjoyable part was that I love to worked in the kitchen because I love cooking.
Our team was a great set of individuals, they work hard and try to offer customers the best service possible. I think A&W is heading in the right direction as a company and others should start to take note.
not for everyone
Management had a problem with picking favourites as well as made schedules spiratic and hard to follow. No designated trainer so you'd kinda be tossed around from other staff aswell.
Productive and friendly environment.
A&W is a great place to work and management is supportive in every situation. learning new things and guiding every team member for more productive work.
Coopertaive working environment
the work environment provided by the company was very cooperative and friendly. However, some work needs to be done in the area of employees benefits and appreciation for the hard work they do.
terrible workplace with terrible environment
a very non enjoyable place to work, with terrible management that had favoritism. i learned nothing other then i wish i was working in an equal and fair environment and treated equally
Fast paced work environment and always be energetic to work here
The company I use to work for is very competitive. It makes you a better worker. The benefits are excellent. The pay was good, sometimes you have to work extra hard .
It was a great first job
I worked here at the end of middle school into high school and it was a great first job, I loved the people that I worked with and the regular customers made the days go by easily.
team work
• Taking food and beverages orders
• Maintaining customer satisfaction

• Handling money and ensuring food quality

• Account management

• equal team cocntribution
Good working culture
Nice place to work.learnt too much and develop skills,how to work in team & train new staff. Perform duties with responsibilities and for success discipline is must.
Formal work environment
Conservative and traditional work environment. Vertical management style. Promotion is somewhat difficult for some due to pigeon holed roles and job responsibility.
It's a job
It's a minimum wage job that's fast food. It's not the best thing ever but it's not awful. It's what you do when you need a job and nobody else will hire you.
Good for students
Definitely not a career place. The work load is a lot and always changing. You work with a lot of people who do not care about the job or quality of food being served . Like most jobs in this industry you will only get min wage best to hope for is to get a management position
Pros
Cons
Low pay. High work load.
Learned a lot from working at A&W! Great workplace culture and enjoyed everyone I worked with. Every job should have a workplace like that. The best fast food too!
Spupervisory position
Provides good training to employees. Always practices standard procedure and always care to hear problems arise inside the store. Best place to gain experience as supervisor.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&W Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9