A&W Restaurants Employee Reviews

Was fun when everything was working perfect
Management Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON16 February 2018
My days were often good but some employees played favourites often which created a bad environment. This job is perfect for a first job as is any fast food. They were able to work around my schedule for school and sports.
professionnel
Cuisinier/plongeur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 February 2018
c’était une bonne expérience pour moi ou j'ai appris plusieurs chose
Pros
rencontrer des nouvelles personnes
Cons
Trop de stresse du fait aue c'etait au centre ville
Horrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON14 February 2018
Horrible place to work, manager is as immature as at 10 year old and is creepy, Team lead is rude and the newer people she expects you to do all the work (clean floors, do dishes, clean tables etc...) When you try and say no she throws a fit like a 5 year old
A&W District Manager
Area Manager/District Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON14 February 2018
A typical day at A&W is exciting and challenging, with new challenges every day from store performance, sales, hiring and recruitment. Overall I have learned a lot while working with the company about the day to day challenges of a Management position.

Most enjoyable part of my job would be having a new challenge every day in the job, which make the jobs interesting and challenging.
Exciting
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 February 2018
I loved working for A&W, wished I would've got more hours because they pay wasn't very good. But the people that work there are amazing. I loved learning new things from there. I know how to cook perfect burgers
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
good place to start work
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK13 February 2018
people I work with are very outgoing, the management staff are a great team to be working with also it's great way to start work experience for a resùme.
Easy part time job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC12 February 2018
The job is easy and at times can be fun, but it can be long hours and tiring days. They are very flexible, but understaffed. Overall not a bad place to work
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Customers can be hard to deal with
great team members
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB12 February 2018
not too stressful, but fun people to work with. it was a bit hard to work around my school schedule, but otherwise a great place to work. stressful at times but it was all worth it.
Not that fun
A&W Cashier (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, AB11 February 2018
I would like to say i didnt quit my job i quit my boss and also being a younger girl at a busy fast food workplace is overwhelming because that way more responsibility then a 15 year old would expect
Pros
Extended breaks
Cons
Stayed late alot
Gestion médiocre
Commis-caissière (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC9 February 2018
Aucune communication entre les membres de gestion et les employés, les horaires ou toute information est difficile à obtenir. Les employés y travaillaient seuls, c'est-à-dire un à la fois pendant parfois 8 heures consécutives. Ma succursale est à éviter!
Cons
Pas de pause
Awesome Company
Service Crew (Former Employee) –  Riverbend, AB8 February 2018
Train staff ion job duties and sanitation and safety procedure
• Assist in cooking entrée and sides.
• Use Deep fryer, grill, oven and other equipment to prepare fast food items.
• Stock refrigerator and keep records of the quantities of food used.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON8 February 2018
Staff is great and very friendly! Working at the mall the only downside was that it can get very slow paced. Thankfully they also have very flexible hours for your work and life balance.
Pros
50% off food on shift
Cons
Slow at times
Great first job
Evening Cashier/ Closer (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB7 February 2018
At the beginning of my employment i started as a cashier taking customers orders and fulfilling them at the inside till as well as in the drive-thru. Additional duties included sweeping, mopping and any other necessary cleaning. With changes in employees i was also trained to work in the kitchen and after two years of employment I was promoted to a supervisor position. As a supervisor I shared the order taking responsibilities of a cashier while delegating cleaning duties to cashiers. I also handled any customer complaints or issues with the other employees. Closing the store at the end of the night entailed counting the tills, filling out deposit forms, final cleaning and locking up/ arming the alarms.
Pros
Flexible hours, Meeting new people.
Cons
Standing for long hours, working late.
Friendly and well kept environment to work at.
Cook/cleaner/closer (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON7 February 2018
Enjoyable and easy work. Learned something new everyday and it was fun meeting new people as well as preparing all sorts of different meals for our lovely guests.
Pros
Different tasks
Cons
Poor salary
Friendly, fast-paced environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 February 2018
Hardest part of the job was going from night shift to days. Some customers can be very difficult to deal with. Other than that the work was usually easy to manage and get done on time often.
Pros
50% discount on food during your shift
Cons
Many last-minute shift changes
this was a great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB7 February 2018
although the management was complete 888, the job itself wasn't close to half bad. good hours, great discounts and all the free root beers you can drink.
Pros
root beers
Cons
too strict
horribly underpaid busy experience
Cashier/Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 February 2018
breaking a sweat and losing your breath trying to get every ones order being belittled by customers for things out of your control
managers demanding you work excessive illegal amounts of overtime
the hardest part of this job is keeping your cool when you're understaffed and working 18 hour days
most enjoyable part of the job is putting in your 2 weeks
Pros
1 free fountain drink a day
Cons
everything else
Friendly staff and manager
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2018
It was an overall fun experience even though i came across a lot of angry customers during my one year at A&W.
The staff was friendly and so was our manager.
Pros
Met a lot of people.
Cons
Salary doesn't match the workload sometimes.
Good short term job, gather experience but don’t stay
Supervisor/Cook (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 February 2018
I went in with zero experience but leaving with a resume that’s helping me look a lot better. Wouldn’t recommend working there if you want something long term. At times I was doing anywhere from 10-40hours of OT/2wks which made my bank account smile but at the end of the day the stress was not worth it. Overall management was good, my district manager and operation specialist were awesome. If you do your job and work hard going above and beyond you’ll have a good experience. Unfortunately our store manager was everything but, causing me to loss hours randomly and giving them to others as giving little to no reasoning to me.

Obviously each store will be different but just remember you’re easily replaced and they have no troubles doing so.
Pros
Work days go fast, good coworkers, decent pay, regular customers that get to know you
Cons
Stressful atmosphere, no job security, had to fight for days off and vacation time
Love the staff
Cash/food prep (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 February 2018
Worked nights they got rid of the nightshift now my job is up in the air need more stability great place to work needs more organization.in the middle of no where so transportation is difficult
Pros
Full time
Cons
No room for adavancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&W Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.