A&W Restaurants Employee Reviews

Found 1,682 reviews matching the search See all 2,155 reviews
team work
Food Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2019
the only good thing about working at A&W is the team work and how to communicate in the busiest and different situations. I learned to tackled different situations by meeting different people everyday
Great coworkers, dirty work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 February 2019
The people that I worked with were fantastic, but the working environment itself was not great. the kitchen was very dirty, and many guidelines were not followed when it came to food preparation. If this was an actual restaurant, I feel it would have been different, except this was a food court restaurant with limited space and resources.
Pros
good discount on food
Cons
understaffed during busy times
Really nice manager everyone was nice and never rude loved it while i worked there
A&W Cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC19 February 2019
All in all it was a good place to work at lunch time id be a rush in the smaller kitchen was always a big fan so heat was not an issue and the managment is great
love to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB19 February 2019
people are a good
team is fantastic
I am in management and the company support us in every step. that will help us to make good decisions. giving lots of opportunities to learn
good staff
Line and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC19 February 2019
working for a and w in my local hometown was honestly tough and annoying i would constantly be left alone doing many of the 3 person jobs, management was horrible and even after working my butt off at the end of the day i was let go before the three month probation for unknown reasons
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
horrible management
fun place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BC18 February 2019
taking orders working drive thru stocking cleaning restaurant management is great awesome staff learned how to do kitchen duties also great opportunity to to meet new people
Pros
great staff discounts
busy work environment, highly enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 February 2019
A&W was a great company to work for, i always felt safe and excited going into work and seeing the people I had created bonds with and making the shifts enjoyable and fun while also maintaining a clean/sad work space and happy customers.
Pros
50% discount, amazing staff members, good hours
Cons
long shifts, was treated poorly by customers at times
good job if going to school, flexible hours, learn lots of skills
A&W, server/cook (Former Employee) –  Russell, MB16 February 2019
i worked there threw my high school years. very friendly staff. they gave me lots of work/life advice. i was treated like family there. from spending my high school years there A&W is a great first job.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
the building had a lot of old equipment that needed lots of repairs
They don't really expect too much of you but appreciate a good worker but won't pay them enough to stay
Part time kitchen worker, cashier (Current Employee) –  Richibucto, NB11 February 2019
It's a pretty good company they do the best but they have high turnover cuz they only pay minimum wage. Depending on the restaurant the shifts can be very accommodating summer is always a lot busier the days can go by quick
Positive Work Climate
Front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 February 2019
I really liked how positive this team was particularly the one I worked at was inside a mall, they really were keen on service time as it affects our timings and the happiness of the customers. And when they reached a goal they did this goofy thing where they all high-fived another and appreciated giving them compliments.

I really like that because there are places where you work at and they are quite frankly not as motivated as they should be, towards their workers.
Pros
40% off food, $1 drinks
Cons
Not enough hours, mall hours
Awesome place to work and to get to know new people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC10 February 2019
I have never had a problem with any A&W They work hard and made the customers Happy with there work and i would love to be a part of that again in a new town
fun
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC9 February 2019
working in group and taking care of customers need is the first priority. Being responsible for the food that will be served to the customers is the first priority. each and every thing for the customers, starting with food to the hygiene is most important.
good co-workers but management isnt the greatest
Sales Associate/Cashier/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2019
A&W is a good place to work, polite and fun co-workers, just the management isnt the greatest at all. No free food and the discount is very minimum, you get only 35% discount.
Pros
cool co-workers
Cons
bad management
flexible hours
accommodating hours
understandable management
good breaks
busy and fast paced
quick learning and working process
Great coworkers
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS5 February 2019
The people there are the best to work with. They would help learn what to do, and great to talk too. the hardest part of the job was remember what was on the burgers.
Productive and fast paced workplace
A&W Cashier (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 February 2019
Learned customer service, the customer is always right!
Learned responsibility as I was opening and closing the store as the lead close and open
Also was in charge of checking change and sorting money.
Workplace was fun until it got busy then it's all serious business, tasks were completed efficiently and successfully to customers satisfaction.
Learned how to make decisions and solve problems on the job.
Most enjoyable part was meeting all my coworkers.
Pros
Discounted meals
so so
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 February 2019
A&W is a great place to start gaining experience and skills. I was able to learn a lot such as being independent, handling stressful situations, time management, and more. The best part of the job is the people that you get to work with. These are the people that helped me develop my skill and bring me back up in tough times. But like every other job, it is flawed. It starts with a low salary (frankly, I didn't care at the time), no fixed schedule when full-time, hours bounces between having a lot to not enough and reduces your free time when dealing with school. The hardest part of the job is definitely working alone while dealing with orders, cleanliness, closing the store fast, prep if none, making safe and good food, and meeting the service time. This is something I learned to be good at over time but can never have all be done without messing one. Nevertheless, I will never forget this job. I thank it for the opportunity. Mostly the experience it gave me to prepare for what is about to come in my future.
Pros
You get to meet new people and create friendship
Cons
A lot of responsibility is given to you, Repetitive work, Low salary
Productive and fun palce to work
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2019
Worth working but needed to have more benefits for their employes. Job work/ life balance can be hard to maintain since it can be demanding especially when the store have only a few workers.
correcte
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 January 2019
j'ai evoluee apres 1 an et demi , mais la restauration ce n'est pas pour moi
Pros
culture mixte
Cons
pas d'avantages sociaux
Was very fun working there
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2019
This
Company was great to work for. Reason for leaving was I moved to Okotoks and at the time I didn't have a drivers licence. Upper management was great, and other employees were great to work with.
Pros
Lots!!
Cons
None!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&W Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.