A&W Food Services of Canada Inc.
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

Working at A&W Food Services of Canada Inc.: Latest A&W Food Services of Canada Inc. Reviews

Canada2,636 reviews

Found 2,636 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,663 reviews
discountkitchenrestaurantmealrushfastburgershift

Fun workplace

I loved working with everyone. It was fast paced so makes the time go faster. They make you feel like a family. The food is good and the prices aren’t that bad especially when there’s usually deals on.

Fun place to work

It depends on franchisee you work for. The management & co-workers I had was the best.The work is what you can expect from a fast food chain. It is fast-paced and has goals to attain. But I really had a good team, people with great attitude, hard working. We even hung out after work.

Insights into A&W Food Services of Canada Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

overbearing management, almost no hours

good work environment, as in coworkers are great, but management is very overbearing, my boss had cameras in the kitchen and was known to watch them even when not at work to keep workers in check, and we weren't allowed to lean against the counter, even when all prep work was done, food was stocked and there were no customers, and I got absolutely no hours, most I had in a week was 25 and the least I got was 5. I asked multiple times for more hours and just got brushed off and sometimes completely ignored. Alright first job but get in and get out as fast as you can.

Pros

50% off food

Cons

no hours, overbearing management

Sometimes fun, mostly stressful

For the amount of money the restaurant made in a year the upper management sure didn't want to share it. Constant staffing issues leaving your team short on labor and high on stress. The good days which were few and far between were typically light and fun days with coworkers I genuinely enjoyed being with. Incredible coworkers, stressful work, and poor management.

Flexible & Fast Paced

Working a minimum wage job at A&W you find friendly staff and management. I have enjoyed my time working for them! My store has a terrible sick leave (call in sick) policy, you are expected to cover shift or have Dr’s note and management team seems to hold grudges when you are off due to injury or illness! Otherwise great Climate to work for!

Pros

1/2 price combo for break, Flexibility on schedules

Cons

No compassion for employees who call in sick or off due to injury

Travail sur pression

Travail sur pression la gerante extremement sur le dos de tout monde a un point tel que les employer demissionne 1 semaine apret du pure esclavage de la gerante ( laver plafon avec un linge humide ect ect ) JE NE RECOMMANDE PAS LE A&W DE SOREL A PERSONNE surtout pas pour les jeune qui veuille apprendre

management was terrible

They pick favourites. always understaffed. Management would not listen to the workers. The store was falling apart, very unsafe for staff and customers. brought this up multiple times and nothing changed. was quite terrible to work at

Purposefully understaffs to save money. Very dirty place overall.

They dont change sanitizer nearly often enough. They understaff each night leaving tables dirty and garbages obverflowing. They hire new people to work a station alone and have next-to-no training.

bad work place avoid if you can

management dont care to hire staff when understaffed. dont care for employees health or well being worked many a times throwing up or my body giving out on me

Cons

long hour, no staff.

Great Place!

Very well organized and I had fun!Management staff was great and the hours were reasonable.My location had a particularly bad manager but she wasnt the worst

Productive and fast paced environment

Constantly busy work environment which makes the time at work go fast. Engagement with different customers hours on end everyday, physically and mentally active throughout the day, flexible schedule, good management, great friendships at work

Pros

Free food

Cons

Salary, benefits, no job advancement

Good for student to work

Working at A&W depends on what kind of environment would you like to work. As a student it might be good for you but at the same time pay and schedule doesn’t help much.

Stressful, unfulfilling

They just keep piling more and more work on you with less and less staff and expect the same results, and then give you a tiny raise for your efforts.

Mean Staff

Barely got trained and was made to start the day after I got hired. When I didn’t know the slightest thing I would get screamed at even though I never got trained and still was a better worker than people that had been working there for 3 months. Harsh management only lasted working there for 4 months before i had to leave

Typical fast food job

Honestly the same as any other minimum wage fast food cashier job. Management was decent for fast food. No one made more than a dollar or two above minimum wage. Requesting a day off in advance was really easy and for me was always accepted but if you call in sick they will keep asking you to come in. Can be stressful when lots of customers come in because we are always understaffed, but when there are few customers it is mostly just cleaning work.

Good work environment, good coworkers and good management. People care about each other and often help each other. Pay is fairly well as they have you annually reviewed and adjust your wage accordingly.

Terrible management

The management was awful, was promoted to supervisor and was given a 15 cent raise for more responsibility and duties. They would schedule you from 3:30-11pm then have you you come in at 7:30am the following shift regardless if you got the mandatory 8 hours off between shift.

Cons

Long hours, hard to find competent workers, management would listen to concerns.

Low income. Lots of work. Friendly coworker

Coworker mostly from high school or college. Fun but busy place. No tip for sure. Lots of work to do. It’s a job for temporary. Minimum wage. 50% discount

Overworked and underpaid

Nice coworkers, unclear communication from management, and advancement opportunities are often given to people who know management and are not based on merit

A&w

Typical day at work would be to prepare for the food production, prepare meals cleaning and maintaining inventory. Often times you have to multitask and be on the run constantly to get the work done on time - really fast paced and stressful!The management has unrealistic expectations from the team members and often times can be extremely rude.

Pros

Discount Meals

Cons

Work culture

Eh

Its just like any fast food job. Mornings are decent but closing sucks. Almost all of my supervisors were still in high school. Employee discount was decent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&W Food Services of Canada Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare A&W Food Services of Canada Inc. with

• A&W Food Services of Canada Inc.