A&W Food Services of Canada Inc.
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

A&W Food Services of Canada Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada2,584 reviews

Found 2,584 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,611 reviews

Excellent experience, an excellent place to workGreat environment. I had a great time working there. Fast-paced ambient and will test your customer service skills.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Fun environment to work at. And strick when you need it

For the few years that I was there I learned a lot. The management team help and will jump right in when needed. You have a chance for advancement in positions.

Pros

They work with you and your needs.

Cons

No free food.

Insights into A&W Food Services of Canada Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Overall Good Experience

Overall good experience, Sometimes there was a shortage of staff so other employers have to cover the shift. Friendly and family environment, employees work as a team.

do not recommend (especially if ur still studying)

if you are a college student, just DONT. they think they are your priority. no regards for your mental health, your schedule/time, has unrealistic expectations, and people can be toxic. if you want to add more stress to your life and you want to associate with toxic people, be my guest. just not worth it tbh

Very fast paced and high-pressure environment

Very fast paced and high-pressure environment, especially during peak hours. You deal with a lot of people complaining about the smallest things but you do get the occasional nice regulars.

It was okay as a temporary job

It was for the most part okay, but there was not much to do and it got boring. Environment was nice and good coworkers, but terrible customers, sometimes verbally abusive.

I mean it’s fast food

It is pretty stressful because you’re expected to do 10 things at once while also serving and taking customer orders. Manager at my location was amazing but I was blessed.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Crazy schedule

Environnement de travail encourageant avec boss qui mouille le maillot en même temps que ses employés...

L'expérience n'a pas duré mais équipe dynamique et boss exemplaire et très motivateur et actif sur le plancher et en dehors en même temps que ses employés.

Rude managment, good place for a first job, flexiable avalibility and hours.

Would recommened for a first job but not a good idea staying here long. A lot of gossiping happens and managment talks to you however they please, they talk to empolyees like there are animals and make you feel low about yourself.

Pros

store discount, nice regular customers, some very sweet staff

Cons

no break for 4-5 hour shifts short staffed force you to come in to work on day off rude managment

Not a good place to work at

Can’t really work, learn and grow and get fairly paid. The people are not inclusive and are really weird and makes you feel alienated. You really don’t want to work somewhere you feel like a loser because they make you feel like one by being rude and disrespectful to you and your work done.

I had a great experience!!

This was my first ever job while I was studying. The management, especially the owner were so understanding about my school. They only gave me shifts that is applicable with my schedule as a student. Honestly, this is a good starting job if you are looking for a customer service job to put on your resume.

Pros

Employee meal discount & good management

Okay

It was as expected for a cashier job, you do work around the kitchen, take orders, fast paced, good if you are good at remembering and communicating with customers

Productive and fun place to work at

I thoroughly recommend A&W for those who need a job, or are just starting out in the force. Teaches you good lessons that will help you out in your future job-searching endeavours. A nice family environment as well.

Stressful, over worked under staffed under paid.

Never worked in a place where the average IQ is below room temperature. Until I worked at A&W. the manager and assistant manager continuously bicker and argue/flirt.

Pros

Free food

Cons

The manager/assistant manager don’t pay attention to the schedule at all.

Good Place To Work

Great teams, management and training. Fast paced environment with room to grow. Flexible schedules and benefits. Would highly recommend to others as a entry level role.

Work young

Flip some burgers, helpsome people out and get paid yes sir, we love A&W was a great job as a young kid started young to make some cash and it worked

Fun

If you’re just starting out somewhere and need a first job A&W is a pretty good place to get started. You will learn to have a good work ethic and responsibilities.

Good for a part time job.

If your just recently getting into the job market or are just looking for something part time this is a good place for you. Fast pace environment that can be stressful, however not the worst.

Good Beginner Job

If you want to work a beginner job, a fast food position like A&W is a good start. They don't have benefits like mcdonald's but they do have pretty flexible hours.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No additional benefits

Don’t do it

They advertise a rate of pay that only exists overnight;however, you will be trained during the day for two weeks at minimum wage. You also will have 9 hours of online training to be completed also paid out at minimum. When I showed no one knew I was supposed to be there, they also spent a lot of time excluding me by speaking another language and laughing a bunch. They told me how inconvenient it was I was there because they they didn’t have a plan set up. They also expect you to know everything from the online videos your first day and will make you feel bad if you can’t remember or still don’t get it. I had 20 hours between the time I was hired and into my first shift. B

Pros

Free lunches and some beverages

Cons

Cliques/not organized/patronizing

Management sucks, they dont listen to any of your concerns, have no care for your well being.

The job is repetitive, its the same things every day, the rushes get super busy and hard to achieve speed of service, management is terrible, they don't listen to any concerns, if you get hurt they don't care, and they are just down right rude, they expect the world from you for minimum wage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&W Food Services of Canada Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • A&W Food Services of Canada Inc.