9Round Fitness

9Round Fitness Employee Reviews

9Round Fitness isn't the plan to develop a career as they don't offer enough hours to even work full-time. It can also be physically demanding and working more then 5 hours is exhausting. Overall it is a fun environment to work in while I was in school but wouldn't recommend working there to any one I know.
It’s a great way for owners to make money off people who don’t understand how to exercise properly and keep them in a wheel of never really improving physically. Anyone who has made significant improvements had it happen from diet not from their “workouts“
Pros
Clients
Cons
Owners, long days, low pay, extremely expendable
I got hired by the owner who knew I had zero previous experience. He wanted to hire specifically people with no experience to train them to how he wants them to be. Training was 5 days and he expected all of us to become professional kick boxing fitness trainer by the end of that. The training was not long enough for a person with no experience to be able to become a “professional”. He let me go after 3 weeks of working there, telling me that I he does not think I am the right fit. I don’t believe this is fair because he made me wait serveral months for the new place to open and then DIDNT even give me a chance to show him that I can become a professional. Awful management. They try to hired you just so they can oay you less than what an qvertage trainer would reticence,. Hence why they specifically wanted to hire people with no experience e.
Members are great, staff was fun and the owner is a pleasure to work for. Typical day would be to check in on staff, respond to emails, drop in on both locations to see members and staff and get in a workout.
Great work environment and great people ; owner, manager, coworkers and clients are generally great people and working at 9round remains a choice I never regret taking.
Really depends on how how involved and enthusiastic the owner is. As with all franchises, there is pressure from the top so where the owner is in the franchisee experience will effect the staff out right.
Good experience There is a routine and everything is organized workouts are fun and easy to learn .. each location has individual manager.i have a good experience with my manager he is generous and friendly.
company memo is ridiculous . they are not "triainers" they are glorified puppets and a barrier to relay info between morons that wokrout their and the HQ
Pros
free shirt
Cons
everything
Great members, you have to work alot more than paid for. no benifits underappricated, worked to the bone. but its your love your job the members make up for it
I used to work for 9round in Kelowna for both the Rutland and west k locations. It was the same ownership for both however these owners have now also bought pandosy, so they are the owners of all three locations. I felt personally disrespected by both of the owners countless times. The one occurrence that's sticks out the most was when I got a concussion at work. Owners wanted me to work even though I was not in the right state to work. Even got a note from the doctor and the reaction I received was anything but sympathy. I was met with disbelief and frustration. Really made me feel like I wasn't even a human being to them, but more like just another object in their business. Pros of working at 9round... Fun working environment, loved the members and it was fast paced Cons... You won't be treated like a human being. Loss of motivation from passive aggressive nature.
Although the pay is okay the work environment is wonderful to be in which makes up for the wage you get in my personal opinion. I do wish however that the pay scaling wasn't so small.
It’s a great job, what let’s this company down is very poor management, who lack basic people skills, trainers are belittled in front of members, threatened to be sacked all the time, bad energy and it’s like they hate their employees. Members are great and it’s good if you want experience in the industry and can accept being treated like garbage.
Pros
Members, fitness experience, free membership
Cons
No breaks, bad management
Owner was a jerk constantly berating trainers in front of members. Didn’t care about trainers needing to pay bills and randomly cut shift. Love the members love the job. Employer didn’t treat trainers like humans.
Pros
Fun job fun members
Cons
No breaks horrible owners
A typical day at 9Round consists of opening up the studio, greeting as well as training members, selling memberships to prospects, and cleaning the studio.
Best part time job ever!!!! Motivate others, help them reach their goals, meet your own fitness goals, positive environment, just a great place to work & workout!
Pros
Helping others & helping yourself
Cons
Pay
Great work atmosphere. Owners are amazing, understanding and constantly at the location daily. Every work day is different with new workouts, and new members as they strive off your energy as a trainer.
Pros
If members dont show, you still get payed
Cons
Lack of work breaks