9Round Fitness

9Round Fitness Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews

Fun Part-Time Job

9Round Fitness isn't the plan to develop a career as they don't offer enough hours to even work full-time. It can also be physically demanding and working more then 5 hours is exhausting. Overall it is a fun environment to work in while I was in school but wouldn't recommend working there to any one I know.

Great fitness environment

It's a great place to work, with lots of knowledgeable and helpful staff all with the same mindset of assisting people reach their personal fitness goals.

Pros

Ability to exercise

Don’t work here, owners expect too much for so little pay and if you understand progressive overload you will understand that doesn’t happen here.

It’s a great way for owners to make money off people who don’t understand how to exercise properly and keep them in a wheel of never really improving physically. Anyone who has made significant improvements had it happen from diet not from their “workouts“

Pros

Clients

Cons

Owners, long days, low pay, extremely expendable

Unorganized and hire just to fire right away

I got hired by the owner who knew I had zero previous experience. He wanted to hire specifically people with no experience to train them to how he wants them to be. Training was 5 days and he expected all of us to become professional kick boxing fitness trainer by the end of that. The training was not long enough for a person with no experience to be able to become a “professional”. He let me go after 3 weeks of working there, telling me that I he does not think I am the right fit. I don’t believe this is fair because he made me wait serveral months for the new place to open and then DIDNT even give me a chance to show him that I can become a professional. Awful management. They try to hired you just so they can oay you less than what an qvertage trainer would reticence,. Hence why they specifically wanted to hire people with no experience e.

Fun and inviting atmosphere.

Members are great, staff was fun and the owner is a pleasure to work for. Typical day would be to check in on staff, respond to emails, drop in on both locations to see members and staff and get in a workout.

Fun and manageable shift work, great people and environnment.

Great work environment and great people ; owner, manager, coworkers and clients are generally great people and working at 9round remains a choice I never regret taking.

Depends who owns that franchise

Really depends on how how involved and enthusiastic the owner is. As with all franchises, there is pressure from the top so where the owner is in the franchisee experience will effect the staff out right.

Good experience There is a routine and everything is organized workouts are fun and easy to learn .. each location has individual manager.i have a good experience with my manager he is generous and friendly.

bad company and managment

company memo is ridiculous . they are not "triainers" they are glorified puppets and a barrier to relay info between morons that wokrout their and the HQ

Pros

free shirt

Cons

everything

Great member s

Great members, you have to work alot more than paid for. no benifits underappricated, worked to the bone. but its your love your job the members make up for it

Do not suggest working here unless you enjoy being disrespected

I used to work for 9round in Kelowna for both the Rutland and west k locations. It was the same ownership for both however these owners have now also bought pandosy, so they are the owners of all three locations. I felt personally disrespected by both of the owners countless times. The one occurrence that's sticks out the most was when I got a concussion at work. Owners wanted me to work even though I was not in the right state to work. Even got a note from the doctor and the reaction I received was anything but sympathy. I was met with disbelief and frustration. Really made me feel like I wasn't even a human being to them, but more like just another object in their business. Pros of working at 9round... Fun working environment, loved the members and it was fast paced Cons... You won't be treated like a human being. Loss of motivation from passive aggressive nature.

Friendly environment

Although the pay is okay the work environment is wonderful to be in which makes up for the wage you get in my personal opinion. I do wish however that the pay scaling wasn't so small.

Poor management and staff continually treated with disrespect

It’s a great job, what let’s this company down is very poor management, who lack basic people skills, trainers are belittled in front of members, threatened to be sacked all the time, bad energy and it’s like they hate their employees. Members are great and it’s good if you want experience in the industry and can accept being treated like garbage.

Pros

Members, fitness experience, free membership

Cons

No breaks, bad management

Job was amazing owner is a jerk

Owner was a jerk constantly berating trainers in front of members. Didn’t care about trainers needing to pay bills and randomly cut shift. Love the members love the job. Employer didn’t treat trainers like humans.

Pros

Fun job fun members

Cons

No breaks horrible owners

active and fun workplace that involves training and selling memberships

A typical day at 9Round consists of opening up the studio, greeting as well as training members, selling memberships to prospects, and cleaning the studio.

BEST place ever!!

Best part time job ever!!!! Motivate others, help them reach their goals, meet your own fitness goals, positive environment, just a great place to work & workout!

Pros

Helping others & helping yourself

Cons

Pay

Fast Paced and Fun Environment

Great work atmosphere. Owners are amazing, understanding and constantly at the location daily. Every work day is different with new workouts, and new members as they strive off your energy as a trainer.

Pros

If members dont show, you still get payed

Cons

Lack of work breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 9Round Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement