7-Eleven Employee Reviews

It is a convenience store.
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 February 2018
It is a convenience store. I learned here how to stocking, ordering, block and face. cash dealings, customer greetings and also make foods. Management always help us to learn any new items.
7- eleven
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 January 2018
7-eleven is great starter company for someone who is starting in customer service the have quick advancements and strong training they are flexible for parents.
Not bad.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 January 2018
7-Eleven was an alright place to work at. The only problem I had was having to be put on rotation shifts every now and then. I am not sure how they work it now but back then it was not fun.
Not great to employees
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB27 January 2018
The management at my particular location saw it's employees as expendable with simple dissatisfaction of management leading to loss of hours and abuse of passive employees who wont stand up for themselves.
Nice place to work
Post office Manager/Store Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC26 January 2018
Nice place to work, meet different kinds of people and enjoy helping people to send their mail and packages on time. The hardest part of the job is dealing with shop lifters.
Pros
free drinks- coffee/pop
Good and growiing employer & Opportunity for advancement
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 January 2018
Always on a fast pace environment that will challenge you in many different ways. The 24 hrs. format certainly adds complexity to an already fast pace and the nature of entry level position at minimum wage is always a challenge as employee rotation is high.
You will have the ability to create your own working culture in individual groups/ stores to maximize your contributions with in the corporate directions and systems.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
24 Hrs. format
decent
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC25 January 2018
7-eleven is a decent place to work a long as you can be flexible it is pretty easy to move up in this company but it can be a stressful job
working for this company is good because they do not dock you lunch break and because they are an American company the pay over time
Good to learn new things
Cashier and customer service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2018
you get to meet so many new peoples
the management was poor
the hardest part about the job was the management and some rude customers
the enjoyable part was the best people I met during my time
Pros
meting new people
Cons
poor management
Poor management facility
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2018
Need to have good management system to provide better service to customer and treat them properly and also manage human resource more effectively and treat every employee equally.
Pros
free Drinks
Cons
Poor management
fun and entertaining
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 January 2018
Overnights were easy and mostly cleaning. But trying to advance is hard, training was always put off for something else. And when I was stressed and needed time off, a tactic to get you to come in to work was, 'Well I have to work at 6am so I'd be there all day.' they would make you feel guilty.
Sales Associates
Certified Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 January 2018
Good place to start your work. Paid less than expected. If the pay increases it will match the amount of work you perform. Good working hours, more manpower needed, too much work for one day.
Love it.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2018
Working at 7/11 was amazing. loved getting to great customers and help them with anything i could. Seeing the customers smile and enjoy small talk during rining out was always the best. YOu got to personally know some of them who came in often
Fun environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC16 January 2018
7-11 is a fun and great place to work. There is many changes and some room for advancement it can be challenging if you are working alone but most of the team is very helpful
Excellent expirence
Time management skills
Leadership quality
teamwork
Team management
Good part time workplace, would not recommend working full time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2018
There are very few positive things I can say about my experience at 7-Eleven, other than it is a fairly decent part time job; other than that I would not recommend this workplace to anyone.
After working a few years at 7-Eleven I regret to say that I made a huge mistake working full time for this company; the work load is a lot larger than they pay for, there is very little support from the management, and the workplace environment seems to drain morale more than raise it.
Pros
Bond with customers, Fairly flexible hours
Cons
Loads of work for minimum pay, Little support from management
Great to work and got to learn new things
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 January 2018
While working for great chain firm such as seven eleven I feel myself honored. Seven Eleven helped me to uplift my confidence level and strengthen my customer interaction skills.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Na
my store was like a small family
Certified Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB5 January 2018
I learned a lot very quickly
All the stores I worked in, we became like a small family and very supportive to eachother
I made good friends with a lot of the staff in all the stores I worked in
I moved up very quickly in the company, running a store after being with 7-11 for 1 year
Pros
Benefits as a full time employee, paid vacation after a year as full time employee, opportunity to advance
Cons
No balance between family and work
Great start to have your foot out into the job world
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB2 January 2018
The typical day was full of laughter, and great times. I learned how to keep track of inventory of cigarettes, food, and lottery tickets. The management was acceptable, wasn't the best but wasn't the worst either. The workplace culture was a great atmosphere with great people. The hardest part about the job was trying to keep the balance even between the work and social life, since i worked 11pm-7am. The most enjoyable part was the great people I met during my time there.
Pros
Shift hours
Cons
7-Eleven is a great company to work for. Meeting and serving people in a nice and clean place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 January 2018
Working in 7-eleven typically averages from 4-8 hours per shift.
Duties are given every start of the shift.

from running the till, greeting and serving to customers, cleaning (mopping and sweeping the floor), cooking food and refilling items that are needed (ie. Cups and lids, fountain drinks, tissues, condiments and straws.)

The hard part of the job is keeping an eye on suspicious customers who are trying to steal.

The enjoyable part of being a Sales associate at 7-eleven is that you get to deal with a lot of people with great short-chat stories you will never imagine of having.
Pros
paid lunch and free drinks during shift
Cons
none at all
Hard work
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 January 2018
It is a nice place to work at but, very demanding and full of responsibilities. Good exposure for learning about Sales and management. I like my Management so not much of complains.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Less or no proper breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.

52K