7-Eleven Employee Review

A company with a lot of potential, but doesn't have its priorities in line
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA2 October 2013
When I first come in, I check the white board and store journal to see if anyone made any updates(usually I'm the one making them). On Saturday through Wednesday, there's always an order open with a vendor that deals with the cooler(walk-in, vault), so I go in to count the items on hand, and that gives me the information I need to determine what to order, which I must say I enjoy the most out of all my job duties. The majority of my co-workers are inexperienced, and don't seem to grasp the concept of working at a convenient store. The direct management I report to is fairly decent. They respect my expertise and give me the days off I want and schedule me the days I wish to work, but also enforce the rules of higher management . Which leads me to the hardest part of my job. We throw away food at least once every two hours, and have been given specific instructions that this food must go in the trash and stay there. For the most part this food is not unsafe, just sub-quality, which I feel could be better used feeding starving people nearby. I comply with these rules in order to keep my job, but I wish these rules weren't in place.

Other 7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Work experience at 7-Eleven
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 April 2018
I've learnt a lot by working at 7-Eleven. The staff is well trained and I've learnd to multi-task and give the best customer service. Overall, its a good place to work.
good place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2018
Learning new every day. learning how to deal with stressful situation. learning to do paperwork and become something more in life sometimes you cannot please people but you can find a way to make them satisfy them.
Pros
dealing with difficult situation
Cons
not fixed schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.

52K