7-Eleven

7-Eleven Pay & benefits reviews: Senior Retail Sales Associate

Senior Retail Sales Associate97 reviews
Canada97 reviews
If you are a beginer or new in Canada, it is a good company to start your Canadian career. They pay minimum wages, but you will learn different types of selling skills.
You need good customer servies and have some knowledge about food servies because this work need proper time management as you have to manage customers, food at the same time.
Good working environment.
Flexible schedule

Paid fairly

Communication skills improve.

Handle the difficult situation easily

Easy transfers

Vacation benefits.
Overall experience:)
Ok not the best, not alot of hours but they do work with u, no free lunches just free drinks, no discounts, hard to advance, good for a part time job not if u want full time.
Pretty bad job overall
Low pay
Horrible scheduling
High expectations

Management can't seem to keep anyone happy and they will yell at you for being reasonably sick or unable to work
If you can keep up and stay focused, the job isn't too bad and the money is decent. Responsibilities include deliveries, stocking, cleaning, cooking, coffee, gas pumps, checkout. Wages slightly above provincial minimum. Often looking for staff.
i learned team work here. work culture was good. dealing with various customers was very enjoyable. management was good. salary is low according to work load
Pros
friendly work culture
Cons
salary is very low according to work load
Cycle count tobacco and food service products for accuracy of ordering. Order and ensured product to meet the needs of customers and attentive to be careful of any loss. Daily tasks entail of delegating duties to staff on shift and making sure coffee, food, and service is fresh and welcoming. Bonding with customers and supporting 7 eleven goals, challenges and app deals. I have learned a lot about democratics and the importance of knowing your area and products. I have learned to be a leader as an assistant manager and confident of bringing those skills to future careers. The hardest part of the job for me is giving feedback to staff if they mess up, it's a work in progress but I'm doing better everyday. The most enjoyable part is the job itself; I love having everything what a customer needs and helping out whenever I'm needed. I am very loyal, dedicated and hard-working and those traits make me the best employee at my current location.
Pros
Benefits, Sick Pay
Cons
On call breaks, too many tasks for two people per shift.
This place is a joke, demand the world from you while paying as little as possible. I work nights and they don't even pay a night premium like they used too. Management is a joke and will constantly ride you to push hot food sales and their stupid 7 rewards on people that don't want it and all your hard work over the years may earn you a whole 0.20 cent raise. Run while you still can and avoid this company like the plague. Only positive i can mention is they have good benefits for full time but if you are part time they have no problem starting you out at 32 hours a week and then cutting you down to 6.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
hostile and caustic work environment
Honestly it’s a pretty good first job but after a year or 2 you’re pretty much at your peak with this company unless you wanna be a underpaid over worked manager. Also you only get MAX of .50 cent raise only once a year and your wage does not go up with minimum wage.
Pros
Good customers, great co workers, can be flexible with scheduling and I’d say it’s pretty hard to get fired
Cons
The other Customers, drunks, theft, horrible raises, long hours on your feet, weirdos and god help you if you have a bad manager/coworkers
good workplace, nice customers, flexible shifts
the store sells pretty much everything from food, grocery, smokes, cold drinks etc. you have to give up your breaks in order to work there.
Pros
Fun work
Cons
Salary
Learned many new skills out of necessity but was never actually trained how to complete tasks to company standards.
Inconsistent company that struggles to roll out new products or promotions smoothly and without customer inconvenience,

Too many chiefs not enough Indians, most employees make just over minimum wage, while the company employees more management that front line staff, with bloated salaries too worried about protecting themselves to make positive change in the work place.

very few staff required to do multiple jobs in various areas of the store while maintaining theft controls, monitoring gas pumps, and attempting to "up-sell" food.

Unregulated breaks that allow some to take advantage, and leave others without breaks.

Good benefits, yearly raises for some, minimal advancement.

Only some drinks free, no discounts or free food, harshly enforced
Pros
free slurpee or coffee
Cons
inconsistant, out of touch, unsupported frontline workers
Good place to start your work. Paid less than expected. If the pay increases it will match the amount of work you perform. Good working hours, more manpower needed, too much work for one day.
I learned a lot very quickly
All the stores I worked in, we became like a small family and very supportive to eachother

I made good friends with a lot of the staff in all the stores I worked in

I moved up very quickly in the company, running a store after being with 7-11 for 1 year
Pros
Benefits as a full time employee, paid vacation after a year as full time employee, opportunity to advance
Cons
No balance between family and work
I really enjoyed working here as I loved the customers. It also had a great benefit and pension plan package. For the most part the schedule was flexible as well.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Graveyard shifts
7/11 is a good place to start working. You start at minimum wage, however the experience you get will be so much more compared to others. You will experience better customer service interaction since you mostly deal with people. During summer times you get more customers, which allows you to adopt to a high stress environment. You also work with 2~3 people which allows you to increase your experience with working in a team. Sometimes you have to work by yourself during certain hours. They also let you handle forcasting and ordering food and products. This gives you valuable experience in predicting the weekly and monthly goals of the store, as you have to take into consideration the month, promotions, events, and weather when you order them.
7/11's strength is also it's weakness. While it is good to start here, it is not that great to stick for a long time. First of all because of it's minimum wage start. Secondly, the overall atmosphere and goals of a store depends on the manager. I have worked with good managers and I also have worked with bad ones and I could definitely see the impact it had towards the store. Lastly, it depends on the location you are at, but some locations are just riddled with people which you can safely say are the "Trash" of the society. Dealing with them may increase your skills in handling customers but the stress adds up.
Pros
Good place to start
Cons
Minimum wage
I have been working here for the past 3 years. I am really happy with the management and the job culture provided by 7-11. There is always a possibility for advancement at 7-11 and they also increase your salary if you work hard.
Love to work in this company. Excellent Management, Manager is giving full hours to the employees. Very respectful towards his employees.
Paid stat holidays
Pros
Paid Break, Full working Hours, Balanced Life
Cons
Less Salary
It's been a while since ive worked here, but it was a great place to work and im sure still is! They have great wages along with benefits! Good for any type of person as they are 24hours!
Location and store manager greatly determine the enjoyment of this job. 7 Eleven cannot guarantee set hours or shifts. So you must be a flexible person to work here. There is a large amount of work that needs to be done on any given day and depending on your location you may be working with one or two other people. Team work is paramount, but can be impacted by poor store leadership. The benefits are great, but you have to stick around for 1 year part-time or 6 months full-time. And 7 Eleven always hires starting at part time. So any benefits are most likely to be a year away. I have worked for 7 Eleven since May 2015 and only now just received full time hours guaranteed.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No breaks, no employee discounts
good to work . nice team work. friendly workplace. good managers. shift availability all time . easy and flexible work. divide and work policy is good between associates.
Pros
free lunch time
Cons
nothing