7-Eleven

7-Eleven Pay & benefits reviews: Associate

Associate74 reviews
Was a demanding job for time. Must be flexible on hour and will to multiple job rolls such as stocking cleaning and maintenance. Keep self appearance clean. Tattoos are ok as long as there aren't to many in open sight.
good company to work for faced paced. friendly people. offers no benefits tho. you get paid weekly so thats a plus. they gove u a shirt and you can wear any type of pants
Pros
fast paced
Cons
no benefits
Management gossips with coworkers about other coworkers. Job is always being threatened to be taken away by management. Overworked for no incentive. No job security
Pros
None, don’t work here under this management
Cons
Base pay to be a cashier/stockboy/security guard all in one.
This company regularly ignores labor regulations and health codes. they maintain single employee staffing, even during overnight shifts in high crime areas. I was robbed at gunpoint regularly. Single coverage employees are expected to receive and stock orders while maintaining a complete hot foods menu and coffee all while being the only cashier and for minimum wage at that. Hours of work offered could vary suddenly and dramatically with very little notice from 20 to 50 hours a week. Associates are expected to be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Employees are seen as disposable and not valued, even when demonstrating consistent reliable work for many years. Opportunity for advancement is somewhat accessible but the pay increase is very little even at the store manager level. I have never worked as hard or been paid as little then I was at this company. Even considering the level of overwork typical of the convenient store industry, I would say that any other convenience store would be a better choice.
Pros
They will hire racial and religious minorities. Health Insurance was not too expensive.
Cons
Employees are treated with contempt.
Not a bad place to work not enough pay or hours no real advancement the pay is just bad down side is that u might have to work alone or pulling a double at the last minute
Pros
They will work with you on your schedule
Cons
No breaks unless you have another person with you
Random scheduling that was changed almost daily. Managers barely did anything when they were on especially together. Kept below 40hrs a week/scolded if you went over for finishing up work that needed to be done or for clocking out before 40hrs but leaving work, So you won't get benefits. Very low pay especially for the amount of work put in, no breaks. Manager played favorites with new hire/old friend, cutting my hrs from 39 to 13 per week.
Manager was very considerate about big events and gave appropriate time off (ie significant other coming back from deployment).
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
No breaks, low pay, no benefits, hectic schedules
It's a very fast paced job with a lot of responsibilities and the pay does't reflect it and compusate for all you have to do. But it was a good store to work for management wise.
Franchised owed 7-11. Hours 50+ a week and on call 24-7.No benefits vacation, sick or medical. little training and very low pay. very hard to keep staff at min wage.
Pros
Was Close to my home
Cons
pay, hours, no benifits
I personally worked at a corporate 7 Eleven. Due to strict regulations and guidelines the store was a pleasant place to work. There wasn't much middle management to confuse or disorient the store. I was treated according to my efforts. I did my job well as 3rd shift and customers reported to my manager I was a good worker. I was close to being trained for a supervisor role before the property was purchased and we closed.

I was offered a job at a franchisee store. I looked into it and it was NOT a good environment. The management was not regulated by high standards and they did not by any means recognize hard work.

My advise is if you can get your foot into a corporate owned store then take it. You can be trained and transfered to plenty of other stores and move up and be well taken care of.
Pros
Decent products to sell at competitive prices, and if you put the work in easy to move up and get raises
Cons
No official breaks, constant customer flow and raises come in small amounts
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at 7-Eleven?
Constant activity.
Customers can be difficult in this area.

No benefits.
Low pay.

I work 48 Hours a week with no overtime pay because the owner splits our time between two store with separate pay role.
Great company to work for. Good hours the work is not hard to do good benifits. Management treats you like your one of the family and and you can advance in the company pretty fast.
Pros
Nice work enviornment
Cons
Benifits not really that good
It's ok . But it can get crazy dealing different personalities . Then there the no breaks and if someone doesn't show up for their shift you have to stay until someone does
Pros
Payroll food
Cons
No breaks
It a very good place to work if you like customers and like working in a fast paced environment and it has great benefits and excellent pay
Was good job overall, was always on my feet and doing something. Was very easy to handle with school at night. Management was great and always worked with me
I normally comein the store and work the coffee bar and clean before 1st shift leaves and then I help Customers needs and wants. I have learned to Work alone and under pressure and I did good. Management was a bit different for this job because it was an owned store. The hardest part of the Job is not having Hours Like I am use to working. The most enjoyable part was I had Customers come in and tell me there life story and I was able to listen and still have them walk out with a smile.
Pros
I have work well under pressure when I was the only one working.
Cons
No Benefits, less hours
if you need to earn a little above minimum wage this is the place for it but don't spec to earn a lot from beggining even tough if you have experience
Pros
free lunch when bosses in mood
Cons
bad management, cheating on employees wages
At work I am always busy and never bored because there is always something to do.I have learned to be more outgoing.My manager is excelent.My coworkers are friendly and fun to work with.The hardest part is dealing with an unsatisfied customer.The most enjoyable part is the people I work with.
Pros
fast friendly environment
Cons
no benifits