7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Found 733 reviews matching the search See all 9,186 reviews
it was wonderful working with 7eleven team and location
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2019
Great company to grow with in .711 has a lot of great deals and policies that I've enjoyed. The location was along a busy street in between a high school and a pool/park/library. The management only allowed one person scheduled per shift unless it was during school hours for the mob of students for breakfast and lunch then both tills would be open. Due to 1 employ working the majority of the time opened the window for an unsettling amount of criminal activity to occur. Theft, robberies at gun point, vandalisms, ect.
not a fun place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Houston, BC7 February 2019
had to deal with alot of drunk crazy people on graveyards was robbed once in the time i was there management was not that great to get people off of shifts they never wanted to be on
Pros
warm
Cons
drunk people
Its a living.
Kitchen Cook, Cashier, and Graveyard Worker (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB4 February 2019
They customer service is great, I get my order and they greet me once I enter and bid me farewell as I leave. I can always rely on the workers for proper customer service and good quality food everytime.
Pros
Sometimes you get a tip
Cons
Some customers are rude
good place to work
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 February 2019
good place to work everyone is easy to get along with customers are friendly have a good atmosphere great prices good food fast paced didn't mind working for them for the years that I did
Pros
easy parking
Cons
some customer have nasy attitudes
fun palace to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2019
• Provide prompt, efficient and courteous customer service
• Maintain a clean, customer friendly environment in the store
• Ring customer sales on an electronic cash register
• Receive cash from customers and give correct change
• Perform all regular cleaning activities and other tasks that are included on job assignments
• Forecast, order and stock merchandise
Fun but also stressful.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers and the customers, they can all made you laugh very easily and feels like the shift is much shorter and faster. The hardest part of the job is the people who steal, you get to learn their backgrounds working here. I learned how to move quicker and faster working in this industry. A typical day at work is serving 400+ people and try not getting sick.
Pros
Free fountain, slurpee, or hot drinks.
Cons
You have to pay for the food.
it had its moments
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 January 2019
well there was a lot that would happen around there, because it was right down town, the co workers where alright that i worked with, the hours where okay too
Pros
free slushies
Cons
homeless people hanging around
Very Stressful
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 January 2019
I have learned from working at 7-Eleven that when the SM books you a day off 9/10 times you are getting called in to cover someone else's shift but when you need a day off or unable to come in due to being sick you still have to come in regardless. your shifts are never the same through the week you could be on days for a couple of days and them you are bounced to working afternoons then to nights never any consistency.
Pros
pays well
Cons
horrible management
Serving and helping customers .
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK23 January 2019
As a customer service, giving a good and great service to customer make them happy and giving back an appreciation
To you is make your work happy and easy.This place is a food service place, everything is clean and make sure every
Food to serve is clean and healthy. Learning is open, promotion open to all who are willing to join the manangnent
Pros
30minutes break
Cons
Full time hours
Great company; winning attitudes thrive
Field Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2019
I worked for six years for the company and can only say that it was some of the best times of my life. Yes, the work can be challenging at times, and not everyone is amazing, but those events and people are exceptions, not the rule.

The company culture is inclusive; the potential for advancement is truly Preperation + Opportunity = Reward. If you are a high potential individual with a desire to be a top performer, this company will be a good fit.
Pros
High energy, great people, ever-changing work environment keeps things interesting
Cons
Need to avoid the trap of working longer instead of working with and through others
Productive, fast paced work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 January 2019
Busy environment, learned customer service skills, customer rapport skills, ability to multitask & time management. This job allowed me the time to grow and understand how to run a business.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Long / unpredictable shifts
Reasonable Hours, Terrible Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON14 January 2019
You will get the hours you are looking for, at minimum wage in the province. The management however is severely unorganized and the owner is less open to flexibility when it comes to suggestions for improvement or growth within the company. So you will have the job security, but there is little to none room for advancement and you will need to be prepared to be called in at the convenience of the senior staff that doesn't feel like going to work. Other than that great place to work!
Pros
Steady Employment, Job Security
Cons
Poor Management, No occupation advancement
Good minimum wage Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON12 January 2019
You start off at minimum wage working here, but then after a few months, you get a raise, you also get another raise after each new year. There are also benefits offered here as long as you are full-time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Afternoon shifts
Cashier & cleaning
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2019
Training first time as cashier and enjoying my work at midnight . New customers and commicating with people's and love cleaning and making good friends
Pros
Free
Cons
Midnight
Solitary work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB24 December 2018
The best part was the customers, the worst part was also the customers. Being adjacent to 5 bars and working pure night shifts was challenging. Overall management worked really hard for us and kept us working, coworkers were friendly and the environment was nice. The field consultant though... couldn't find any logic in why she even had her job position...
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
drunk customers
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2018
Nice place to work for beginner. Maximum customer was regular, and become our friends. As a customer assistant I used to help them, but those customer used to help us too, cause they were very cordial and respectful to us.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
long distance
I made my store a place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB11 December 2018
Upper management change many times each market manager had drifferent ideas causing many change over of lay out of the store .making it hard to maintain a proper level of inventory . I learned to be able to make fast changes to met the demands . Keep a positive atmosphere for all staff continue to train and moving train staff to become managers .
Learning to met complaints and solving in very short period of time. Having a great Custmers many repeats was one of the most enjoyable part of the days . Be able to run and control all aspect of store to met the demands was a big learning . To keep happy staff keeps turn over very low .
Pros
Excellent Customers
Cons
To much extra hours worked above the regular duties at no extra pay, or bonus.
time management and accuracy
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 December 2018
I love a fast-paced environment where I can have a collaborative relationship with the people around me and develop my skill set by learning from other members of the team. Although I do my best work on my own in a quiet atmosphere, I really enjoy grabbing coffee with team members in my spare time and running through ideas together. I have enjoyed with time management and work accuracy over there.
job
efficient and courteous customer service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 December 2018
Nice place to start as a first job. Lot of learning points. Nice environment for student and new comers. Who is willing to learn about sales and management, its nice.
Great customer relations built
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 December 2018
Every day was a new day with inventory management, ordering, customer relation, daily cleaning maintenance, staff management and scheduling.
Hardest part pf the job is learning the amount of dishonest people that will steal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K