7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Ok Job
Cook/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 May 2018
Job is alright, minimum pay, able to get promoted, free surpees. Management is nice. Sometimes there are rude customers but in general not that bad to work at
excellent working environment
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 May 2018
Excellent working environment: As all coworkers are excellent at work which helps to learn new skills.This interaction also enhance communication and customer interaction skills.
Retail environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2018
Very low job security and virtually no worker benefits for part time workers. Very little room for further growth in the company, work is expected to be done in unrealistic time, No food is allowed at the front, and since breaks are not paid you are actively encouraged to skip them, and if you do take 10 minutes to eat, its as if you've murdered someone.
High work load compared to the pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC19 May 2018
Lots of work to do, but the compensation is not enough. You can easily earn more by doing less at other jobs. But if you work hard enough, upper management starts to notice and promotions are quick to come if you keep on working hard and proving yourself.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
high work load
Interesting
cashier (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC14 May 2018
Managers were very cooperative and gave such a nice training. It is a busy place that is why I got lots of skills. it is such a nice place and gave me lots information.
can be chaotic atmosphere, lots of hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2018
customers tend to come in waves so goods are good one would be scrambling to help 10 customers at a time and then absolutely dying of boredom for an hour because no one has come in. overall a good experience and don't mind working there but there is a lot of pressure int he beginning when you are left alone with a swarm of customers
Fun place to work but not something related to my study.
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC8 May 2018
As a student of tourism and hospitality I always wanted to work in food and beverage sector to enhance my knowledge and experience of how these places are managed and how this sector is different from other sectors of hospitality.

I enjoyed working at 7-eleven but I didn't learn anything that I can use in my field except treating and handling customers.
Working at 7-eleven
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC7 May 2018
Very poor management and a high turn over, work is great, but hard. Benefit and salary are great but no social life outside of work. Great for students.
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 May 2018
Training and learning is very nice but on the other hand to much of work if there are two or less than two people working. Also to deal with sketchy people is sometimes hard.
Pros
Cons
less pay
cashier
Making Coffee
Stocking Shelves
training new staff.
inventory counts
I learned a lot of things about business and customer service. Being able to handle upset customers and bad influences of the neighborhood.

Want to know more about 7-Eleven?

Ask a question
Awesome people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC26 April 2018
I would show up and start cleaning and filling the coffee bar. then i would move on to cooking and making sure all food is good while watching the till. As the night goes on I start to clean the store. Such as the food cases mopping the floor and the windows. Then i would do shift change. after that I would run the till until the morning keeping busy by doing extra cleaning jobs.
Pros
good work and people
Cons
up all night
busy place to work but like to work in fast paced environment.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2018
i really loved to work with 7-Eleven . every day was a challenging day . Sometimes things can not go the way you want but you learn every single day new things like managing employees and providing good customer service . work environment is really friendly where you like to work.
It's a drag, what can I say...
Clerk & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 April 2018
Hours are long, but made longer since one constantly has to be up and moving around; sanitation in the place is pitiable at best, since even the one employee bathroom there is is covered in filth and there are mice everywhere; equipment is constantly breaking; expired produce or produce taken out to be used/eaten by other employees (against the rules) is found spoiled, sometimes months after being taken out and left abandoned; back room and storage are always filthy; expired produce is left lying around to be "thrown out later, when there's time,"; cleaning products are often left right next to food (unsafe); some of the supposedly "fresh made" stuff is occasionally left on shelves past its expiration date; crates of goods in back storage often mislabeled or mixed up.
Work overload, no life
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 April 2018
Worked at same store for a lot of years and in the past few years the FC and market managers put slot of extra work not only on staff but also managers. They continue to put on more and more work in an already stressful environment. Managers are expected to be on call 24/7 as well as fcs have no time constraints as to when they need to stop contacting managers via text. I have gotten texts at 9 pm from my FC telling me to get to the store immediately. Very stressful work environment.
Pros
Customers were great. Benefits are good
Cons
Long hours, no life
Work experience at 7-Eleven
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 April 2018
I've learnt a lot by working at 7-Eleven. The staff is well trained and I've learnd to multi-task and give the best customer service. Overall, its a good place to work.
good place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2018
Learning new every day. learning how to deal with stressful situation. learning to do paperwork and become something more in life sometimes you cannot please people but you can find a way to make them satisfy them.
Pros
dealing with difficult situation
Cons
not fixed schedule
Productive.and learning Institute
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2018
To be a part of a progressive organization to contribute to the success of the organization by finding solutions to challenging assignments using state of the art, emerging technologies.

Productive and friendly environment, Learning institute.
24 hour a day job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB10 April 2018
24 hours per day 7 days per week is very challenging. There never seemed to be down time with constant staffing changes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast pace.
stressful and overworked, fast paced, understaffed
Kitchen manager/Senior Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 April 2018
Learned many new skills out of necessity but was never actually trained how to complete tasks to company standards.
Inconsistent company that struggles to roll out new products or promotions smoothly and without customer inconvenience,
Too many chiefs not enough Indians, most employees make just over minimum wage, while the company employees more management that front line staff, with bloated salaries too worried about protecting themselves to make positive change in the work place.

very few staff required to do multiple jobs in various areas of the store while maintaining theft controls, monitoring gas pumps, and attempting to "up-sell" food.

Unregulated breaks that allow some to take advantage, and leave others without breaks.

Good benefits, yearly raises for some, minimal advancement.

Only some drinks free, no discounts or free food, harshly enforced
Pros
free slurpee or coffee
Cons
inconsistant, out of touch, unsupported frontline workers
overall decent job
Certified Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 April 2018
this job i did for quite a while and it gave me a lot of experience and training. they've gone through and shown me step by step what to do. I enjoyed the job but didn't want to make a career out of it.
Pros
great team work enviroment
Cons
odd hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.

52K