7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Typical convenience store
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 August 2018
I enjoyed my time here, but i would not like to make this my career. I would man the cashier for hours at a time, and would occasionally cook up their fried products. Learned how to deal with problem customers, and how currency shifts from the floor to the computer to log transactions. Management was nice, but a little overbearing. Hardest part was dealing with the customers, but the best was the discounted items.
Multitasking
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC15 August 2018
good workplace, nice customers, flexible shifts
the store sells pretty much everything from food, grocery, smokes, cold drinks etc. you have to give up your breaks in order to work there.
Pros
Fun work
Cons
Salary
A very discrminating place to work.
Store sales associate (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB15 August 2018
Blame is placed on certain people, backstabbing and gossip is allowed to carry on unchecked. There is no "good job"....rarely if ever does that happen. You are "written up" for little things and it feels like your job is held over you all the time. I hate this job
Pros
Free slurpees
Cons
No encouragement to perform better
long nights and bad days
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 August 2018
When I started to work for 7-Eleven I wished to work dats but that is not the case, I worked nights 3 times a week and always on the weekends. I like days better because of the customers
Pros
the customers
Cons
Long Hours and nights
My Daily Routine in 7 Eleven
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 August 2018
My few weeks, working at 7 eleven was very busy and at some points, not busy. The Customers I meet are very friendly and can be easily recognized due to their kindness. Although they are some that intend to be rude and impatience, but what can I do about that? When I work here its always work work work, when you finish a certain task that may have taken half an hour to do, they will always give out new task to keep you moving. However, the only problem with working like this is the fact that you cannot use your proper time for breaks (30 min breaks, which is mandatorily needed when an employer is working full-time). The store will allow you to eat your food, but you may only take 2 bites off from your lunch and then back to another 4 hour work. Overall, its been great working overnight at 7 Eleven. The store taught me how to run the tilt, process deliveries, gave me my first experience in customer service, taught me how to manage my time at work, and provided me with kind and friendly employers whom which I can talk to and give my trust to. This place just gives you hope and will help raise you up to your next level.
Pros
Kind workers, Full of task, Friendly Customers, Caring Store Leader and a good place to start your job.
Cons
Store lacks the safety materials needed, Rude Customers, High potential risk, and Disrespectful Store Leader.
Job was great but had issues with some staff.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 August 2018
Learned a lot in the way of ordering products and stocking shelves. Had a lot of work but the wage was not great. The hardest part of the job was dealing with drunk customers after the bars closed.
Pros
good training
good learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale, BC9 August 2018
it was though a part time job and my first job in Canada but also very goof learning experience. learnt the basic concept of handling inventory and merchandising.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
odd hour shifts
Relatively boring job, sometimes tedious, but easy.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2018
A typical day at work would involve serving customers, operating the cash register, operating the lottery machine, food preparation and handling. The night shift involves all of the above, as well as lots of stocking and cleaning, scanning in merchandise and dealing with deliveries.
Pros
Free soda and coffee for employees. Fun to interact with customers.
Cons
Unprofessional staff, some undesirable customers at night.
Lack of Management
SALES ASSOSIATE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2018
Very few rules and procedures to solve customers' problems. Most of the employees do not aware of rules results in more turn over. This makes workplace imbalance.
Pros
fun to deal with challenges
Cons
blame game
good
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 August 2018
it was good. Company is very supportive. Taking care of his employees. Giving a good pay. Work is easy. Giving opportunities like health benefits and many more....
Busy but enjoyable workplace
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 August 2018
I've worked at a 7-Eleven in Windsor for about 2.5 years. It is definitely not the ideal job for everyone, I have seen a lot of new employees struggle and/or not last. You have to be exceptional at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and working with speed while maintaining accuracy. You also have to be aware that you encounter customers from all walks of life, so there are always going to be people who can be hard to handle.

The job involves a LOT of standing, sometimes there is not time for breaks which results in you literally standing/walking for 8 hours straight.

If you have the right capabilities to meet the demands of the job and if you are a hard worker, you will do well and will be well-liked by management. If you perform poorly, have a poor work ethic, call in sick a lot, or book a lot of time off, you will not do well and will not be liked by management.

I personally love my job here.
Pros
free fountain drinks (slurpee, pop, coffee)
Cons
prolonged standing, not always time for breaks
store is always looking good
Certified Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  102 Genesis Drive, Stony Plain, AB T7Z 0K42 August 2018
clean and organized store
coffees and foods are always fresh
good promos
filling the vault is the hardest but at the same time it is so fun and you will start loving it once you grasp everything there
Pros
free slurpee
Cons
schedules are not fixed
productive, fun
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Jasper, AB24 July 2018
working at 7-eleven is not that hard. everything at work is just basic you need to clean, stock, and do the till. what I learned about working at the store is that you just need to be organized with everything. what I can say about the management of the store is good since everything is new even our store manager so we're still doing our best to make our workplace better. the hardest part of our job is lifting heavy things but I can still bear it. and the most enjoyable part of the day is dealing with the customers especially with our regular customers.
Pros
free coffee.
Cons
physical job
Multinational corporation with management issues.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC19 July 2018
A typical day at work was never pleasant, though the customers were definitely the best. Whether they be quirky, funny, rude, or simply needed someone to talk to - It was always fun, though the work itself dragged on and management held very little respect for its' employees.
Pros
Lenient with breaks.
Cons
Mind-numbing work, constant micromanagement.
Not Great
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 July 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone who is not looking for part time work. This job was hard to do very day. The work environment becomes toxic very quickly because moving up in this company is difficult due to some issues with sexist and/or mildly racist hiring practices.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
Sales & management responsibilities.
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2018
I take care of all the floor sale activities which include contacting customers, providing item description, closing the sale. Also, I perform several management level activities.
Workplace Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB14 July 2018
7-Eleven is diverse in-terms of culture. You work with people with different community and casts. This will give you a great opportunity to lean about new culture and community.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Pay, Schedule
Overall development of individual
Senior certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 July 2018
Best part about working at 7 eleven is that you manage all the retail departments at same time, so it builds you up for better future in business administration.
Better place of work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 July 2018
Better place of worrk, had some fun times and best customers. Free fountain drinks, foods sometimes and surprise gift cards. Was a fun place of work.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Long hrs
co-workers are great.
Certified Senoir Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 July 2018
Working at 7-eleven is very challenging. It makes you perfect in multi-tasking because there are lot of task that you have to perform. My co-workers are excellent. It made my communication skills even more better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K