7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Run while you still can
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2018
This place is a joke, demand the world from you while paying as little as possible. I work nights and they don't even pay a night premium like they used too. Management is a joke and will constantly ride you to push hot food sales and their stupid 7 rewards on people that don't want it and all your hard work over the years may earn you a whole 0.20 cent raise. Run while you still can and avoid this company like the plague. Only positive i can mention is they have good benefits for full time but if you are part time they have no problem starting you out at 32 hours a week and then cutting you down to 6.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
hostile and caustic work environment
I had a good time working with my coworkers.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2018
The store is busy most of a time, but i don't feel tired working with my coworkers, what i don't like are we don't have a decent breaktime, we have to go back to our post even if it still our breaktime, always short of staff, and most of a time we got only one day-off per week. we cannot even enjoy the day off because the store leader keeps on texting in Group Me.
Exhaustive but Fun
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC16 October 2018
Work is exhaustive, there is always more to achieve in any days work, and often you find yourself taking on more and more the longer you work for the company. Having a team of people you trust is essential, and often a very hard thing to find, but time and commitment may change how others treat you. As with any job, you need to take it slow in the beginning and learn your limits, what you can take and what you won't. Don't be afraid to stand your ground if you feel there is something wrong.
Pros
Free Slurpees
Cons
People
Do not recommend to anyone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 October 2018
Worst job experience so far. Nobody wanted to train me. When I asked for help, I was ignored or an employee would step in with an attitude. Associates would go in the office and talk about me for being new and not knowing what to. It was up to me to figure out how the place operated and it was a struggle. It was hard to manage all of the responsibilities being a cashier, cook, pizza maker, barista, janitor, stocking shelves, doing office paper work, etc. I’ve worked in food and customer service before this job, never have I encountered such awful staff AND customers on a daily basis...purposely trying to make you feel stupid or incapable of helping them... and putting you in danger in some cases. This store attracts some aggressive people who rob/steal all the time. I’ve experienced someone robbing the store of many cigarettes while I was at the register. My physical and mental health declined so quickly after that. If anyone is desperate for a job, DO NOT settle for a job at 7-Eleven. You will never have a good day working for this company.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Unsafe, disrespectful staff and customers, will stretch you thin
long hours ,
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Canada9 October 2018
this company is up and coming, but hours are long and much resposiblility is put on the manager, the work is fun and with a great team much can be accomplished.
Pros
great benifits
Harder than it seems
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton9 October 2018
Stocking shelves, doing up orders, cleaning store, waiting on customers. Customers have the attitude that this is a low paying job for people without prospects or commitment or drive. Management was usually pretty good. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the drunks, most enjoyable part of the job - usually the morning coffee rush with the regular customers.
Pros
usually close to home
Cons
worry about theft
Great job and amazing customers.
Certified Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 October 2018
In my almost 8 years working at 7-11 I only quit because of issues with management being bullies towards staff. The staff was great and pay was alright.
Workplace is bad
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 September 2018
Management sucks
Its risky job
You dont get any night differentials
Hardest part of the job is you'll never know if someone's gonna stab you or rob you
worst place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 September 2018
do minimum wage job but dont consider manager position at 7-eleven Victoria. All Indians in management, worst thing is there regional head, he must try politics he is in wrong business!! I feel bad for all those poor Indian students who work there out of there,as due to there poor English they cant work anywhere else. They been treated like slaves.
God bless regional head and his team of losers.
Pros
Co-workers
Ok employer
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 September 2018
Just typical duties like other employers in retail management worked for were fair learned ordering stock etc environment with others were good hardest is sometimes get bad customers etc
Customer service was like a community work
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, Otago23 September 2018
I was dealing with alot of customers in a day and helping their issues, So, overall it was helpful job for me and I am thankful to my co-workers who spot me in every difficulty.
Pros
good staff
Cons
far from house
Store Leader is really on hand
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC23 September 2018
TEAMWORK in my previous branch is really fantastic. Everyone is helping each other, customer service at its best. serving hot and fresh beverages and food
Fun work place with great employees
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 September 2018
My typical day starts out by serving the morning rush quickly and friendly serving. Making the daily food for serving, ordering for the next day food arrival. Cleaning the store to make it clean and presentable. Working thru lunchtime having everything up and ready. And having friendly chats with the regular customers.
Pros
Bonuses from vendors
Cons
Wage in pay
Good experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2018
Very good experience in customer service and great learning opportunities
How to manage inventory, making coffee,keeping the store spotless,dealing with regular or new customers with a smile was the daily gift
workplace
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2018
It was fun to work at 7eleven. I was enjoying to meet new customer. The worse part is night shift. You have to work alone and night time you have deal with thief and bad people.One night I was almost punched by a guys. They shouldn't put only one guy in night shift. I have been working there almost more than one year. My filed super visor never ever talk with me. This is not how to boost the emplyee by a boss.
Good company overall
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK15 September 2018
Job is good to do overall and the work was fun to do but the management was not good and were not fun to work with. Manager was not doing her work and the store was not well maintained.
Pros
Not so great management
Its a fun job at first
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2018
Its ok especially if you are from Sales Assoc then grew up to Store Manager, your Field Consultant is always there to help you manage the issue of the stores. There’s unexpected headaches but all managable.
Pros
Have a quarterly bonus depend on your performance
Cons
Cannot extend vacation as per company liability concern
It is very fun to work at seven eleven
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC12 September 2018
It was a great experience to work at seven eleven
Because you get to meet with different people everyday and everyone person who comes in has a different story to life and it becomes very interesting when they share their story in short time of purchase
it was ok
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 September 2018
It was an ok company
days were busy, i did everything and anything
hardest thing is the higher up mangement
i enjoyed the customer mostly they always new how to make me smile
Parttime employee
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2018
Experience okay so far, would not prefer to work full time here. Would not recommend anyone to work as there is no security, and homeless people coming in all the the time are dangerous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K