7-Eleven

Canada1,124 reviews

Found 1,124 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,081 reviews

Insights into 7-Eleven

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Pay not enough

Pay is not enough to cover your basic expenses. More work to do in less pay. Stressful environment with pressure to meet goals and they do not appreciate real hard worker.

Very less growth opportunities

Work is hard but still you won't get paid enough and the growth opportunities at the stores is very less and take so long time. There are no benifits as well.

Productive work place and fun

I have 5 years for work in 7 eleven. I have experience ,I know how to talk with customer, service them great them while they walk inside the store ,Arrangements the store, scanner new Items arrived in the store .

Cons

Hrs 40 for week

Baised, Hectic & totally not worth it

They make you feel stupid and unworthy. Do not get trapped, you are more than you know. Explore more job opportunities and then you will know your worth. HR & Management doesn't care about you, all they care about is profit. Would not recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Cons

They manually cheat your hours, getting promotion takes forever, fakes promises, very stressful environment

Fast Paced Environment

Work at 7 eleven was super fast paced.You are supposed to do multiple tasks at the same time. for example being a cashier and preparing food. You are not allowed to stand idle and you have to keep yourself busy and provide excellent customer service.

Pros

Free Drinks

Cons

Low Pay more job responsibilities more work

Wasn’t fun

Wasn’t fun paid miserably managers are jokes of human beings. Workers were exactly what I don’t want for my future. I inspire to be much more in life sorry.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long hours poor paychecks

Stressful

Stay away from this job, very stressful and bad managment. Its aminimum wage. No guaranteed hours. They do shift changes so you regularly have to check to see if yours changed. Little flexibility on taking days off outside of your regular availability.

I miss working at the gas station. Seeing regulars, and my co workers.

Fort St gas is where I worked. Miss it alot not much else to say. Very friendly customer. Most of the time . I would recommend working at this gas station

It was okay

Not much growth possible. Management was okay but wasn’t consistent. Benefits weren’t great. Some people worked from home and some weren’t allowed to.

Barely any proper training for what I was hired forWould get in trouble for the highways being close and unable to make to work

I can't say it loud enough to stay the bleep away from this place. The most toxic place to be apart ofStay away Stay away Good luck if you don't

Stressful and underpaid

I have been working for the company for 3 years now, I have proven myself many times and have gotten nowhere. Managers are always stuck up and expect so much of you, if you show u are a hard worker they will add more and more to your list, they will work you until you are on your deathbed. Please don’t ever work here unless you are VERY VERY hard up for a job and have no other option, save yourself the hassle.

Pros

Decent health benefits

Cons

Literally everything else

Learn how to hot foods

I learned about Handling food safely but finishing some lessons and exercies required to me and learned how to prepare and cook hot foods too.I learned the proper way how to received deliveries, put price tags and display them.

Pros

I enjoy cooking hot foods

Cons

Multiple work assigned to me which is so unfair.

Unsafe place.

Depending on the area you are placed in and the shift you get it can vary from a a stressful day dealing with constant theft or a peaceful day where there's good customers.Worst part is that the solo night shift, if you are placed in a bad area its dangerous. Often times I had to get a box cutter hidden in my back pocket just for safety's sake.

It was okay not great

It was okay not great. I can be better, fast paced not a great work quality but It should be better. I think in near future things willl change for the better

Nice job experience

It is a good opportunity to work as your first job because you have to communicate with other customers and help them solve problems, when a customer asked you for help and you have to act quickly to help them.

The job is good, occasionally scary, hiring new people is few and far between with WAY too much turnover

The constant staffing issues make it difficult to enjoy work, they love to staff people alone fairly regularly and refuse to provide enough store keys for all staff, which means you’re working alone and never provided bathroom breaks. The starting pay is fantastic, but as promotions happen you’ll get shafted on raises, an asl making less than 2$ more than a brand new employee

Pros

Free slurpees// coffee

Cons

Terrible turnover rates and chronic low staffing make it impossible to want to stay yourself

Great place to work in if you are new to working in Canada and the co-workers are very cool people

Its a lot of work at 7-11 though. From cleaning to baking to attending to customers that might not appreciate your efforts. There is also the part where you have to attend to Skip, Uber and Doordash. But, coworkers are friendly and its kind of prepared me for other future jobs and has toughen me up to be able to work under pressure

Pros

Free drinks, great coworkers

Cons

Unappreciative customers, scary environment, underpay for the work you actually do

I had fun while i was working in 7/11. And teach me about beng a sales associate. My co-workers before they are all nice.

The company gives me the experience that i needed for me to experience being the sales associate in a shop or store. The manager is very nice and teach me many things about being the Sales Associate

Was fun

Great environment and fun work. Enjoy Ed helping customers and more learning every time about retail structure. Someone wants to start own home business should work here to learn how to grow business

Pros

New customer new challenge

Cons

Not fixed shift

Basic customer service job with great hours!

Very fun and nice regular customers! It can be very fast paced. The management was very nice and understanding; very flexible with your situation. Coworkers were all super nice and helpful.

Friendly and excepting staff. Very fast paced

The employees are amazing. Coworkers are always helpful and kind. Management was always there to assist with problem solving. It's a very fast paced environment.

Pros

The staff

Cons

Long busy days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement