4Refuel
Happiness score is 40 out of 100

4Refuel Employee Reviews

Canada90 reviews

Great place to work for years to come

Featured review

4Refuel selected this as a representative review
Management takes care of the employees, safety is a priority. Good life balance, great team, great vision. The best company I've ever worked for.The fleet is being exchanged, so new trucks are comming around the year. The fact that 4Refuel belongs to Finning, is a big game changer. Training and investment in the employees are continuously comming. If your looking for long-term and growth, 4Refuel is the place to be

Great place

Great place to work if your not afraid to work hard and endure the elements. Management was great .really enjoyed working there. Definitely recommend.

Good place to get experience in the industry.

4refuel is a good company to get experience in the fuel industry. They train very well. Standard is 2 weeks of training, but they will give you more if needed. Safety is a priority for them, but a little overkill if you ask me. They have cameras inside the trucks that record the driver which to me is one of the worst aspects of the job. The cameras are very sensitive, you basically have to drive like a statue and cannot have any bad habits.You Have to keep an absurd amount of space for “following distance”. If any other vehicle goes into your lane you have to hit the brakes and slow down to allow for more space… they will try to rush you to get your route done faster while still trying to adhere to the safety standards they set out, it can be very difficult... Benefits are paid for by the company. You get a company cell phone. You are provided coveralls that get washed by Cintas. They will provide you with winter coat, rain coat, gloves, honestly whatever you need to be comfortable. Typically the winter months are very light and you may struggle to get decent hours depending on your route. Overtime isn’t paid until 50 hours of service per week, another huge downside to this company. Overtime should be paid after 44 hours at the very least. In my opinion 4refuel is a good company to work for, but not the best out there.

Pros

Good training, paid benefits, half decent hourly wages.

Cons

Cameras that record the drivers every move. Overtime isn’t paid unless you hit 50 hours.

Great job, fast paced.

It was a great place to work, the past was good and the shifts were great. Regular shifts, with good balance of hometime. The other drivers were a good bunch at Walker Yard.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long shifts

une compagnie qui favorise l'inclusion et le bien etre de ses employés aussi l'equilibre travail famille

Ici on est comme une famille, on est fiere de travailler avec des gens passionnés qui s'entraident chaque jour pour servir des centaines des clients en toute securité. 4Refuel est une compagnie qui met de l'avant l'inclusivité et le bien etre de ses employés.

Management is very bad

Bad management I ever experienced in my life ,they do care about you you just a number for them ,they hire and fire people often for small mistake ,if you are sick you take day of they think you acting and taking a day of for your fun ,no one believe you ,all bosses treat you like you are servant

Easy philosophy positive employee experience

Have sadly became a typical transport company, really no Interest in their staff's wellbeing, although expectations are clear and simple "if you don't like it you know where the door is" should be their new motto.That kinda sums it up.Management make a good effort to try and show they care, the positive employee experience is the latest thing, although when you receive negative comments from your manager constantly quickly becomes a negative employee experience

Pros

Cons

No interest

It has changed alot...for the good...

Ive been here as a driver-crp for many years. the last two years have been the biggest change ive seen in safey and employee care. They cared and protected us during covid and also changed a lot of the leadership. i can see that they are trying to improve everything while caring about their people. trucks are still an issue and we often need more people but thats everywhere and i really like coming to work everyday under the new management at all levels. we were bought out by finning but i feel as though the operations management at all levels understands what we do and isnt too corporate. good benefit improvements over the last while and wages are decent.

Pros

safety and care

Cons

trucks at times

What a great place to work

What more could I ask for? I make a great wage, paid benefits, RRSP matching program, Provided PPE, My manager is always there for me and listens to me. Gives me the work/life balance I asked for. Okay.. We do have some truck issues sometimes but who doesn't?? My manager came out twice at 3am when I had a truck problem and fix it right on the spot for me and even helped me finish my route. Thank you 4Refuel and management. I'm here for the long haul.

Pros

Wages, Management, Rrsp, Work/Life Balance

Cons

Mirror truck issues but is resloved asap

A well-rounded company, with good career paths.

Ultimately, I was with this company almost 10 years. Advancement was a major factor in keeping me engaged. I went from the absolute lowest rung, to middle management. Remuneration was always above average, and corporate culture stood out as being very positive.

Pros

RRSP contributions, benefits, bonus structure, opportunities.

Cons

Work life balance was challenging.

Great team work and they will help you any time you need help.

Worked at 4Refuel for few years. Great place to work and well paid. I see lots of negative and lie here but if you do your job properly you don't have any issues. When I had interview they explained the job and expectations. Some drivers are lazy and they like just complain.

Pros

Team work, well training.

Cons

Trucks

Good people.Challenging work but easier once you get used to it like most things

this place has changed a lot for the better in the passed two years. They care about they’re employees and communicate well as I see it. Some of the long term drivers complain only because they don’t like change and can’t cheat on hours or cut corners anymore. The complaining is mostly cause they can’t get away with the old way of doing things. Big safety improvements and focus. i feel protected here because of job security and company growth. Management is pretty good along with upper head bosses who are nice in Vancouver and Toronto. Benefits are good and pay isn’t bad at all. Trucks breakdown fairly often but that’s most places unless you’re long haul and only on the highway. The hours can be long but that’s also where the big paychecks come from so I never get why people complain about working longer but also want a bigger paycheck from OT. Makes no sense. I’d say this cumpany is a good place TO work overall!

Pros

Not much politics unless created by longer term CPR’s

Cons

Truck brake downs can be frustrating

Good

I am satisfied with my job at 4refuelDuring the time I'm working for 4refuel I have nothing to say wrong about these company I recommend you to work with 4refuel if you're interested working at night you will be trained for this kind of work all supervisor will be there to assist you in all your activities in order to learn all about this job

Pros

There is no Free lunch

Cons

Long Hours

Horrific experience

One of the WORST working experiences you can get! Hard workers need not apply they cater to slackers.The harder the worker you are, the more work you get and expected to help the slackers out.They can let you go without notice while the slackers keep their jobs! 4Refuel and its managers are the WORST in the industry completely uneducated lack people skills and don't care about their workers well being .I even heard a manager say to me they don't want to hire people with young families because they expect you to be on 24/7 notice.If you're scheduled to work monday-friday don't expect weekends and holidays, that's for these moronic managers .They even have poor dispatchers that are from the other part of the country and get transfered to a local city like Montreal or Toronto and know nothing of the area but when you try to tell them their routing is incorrect they don't listen or care.This company is on its way out, way better places to work.

Pros

Hourly rate 22-24$ hourly

Cons

Everything, trucks lack of knowledge from managers ect, one manager even said you do not need a permit to replace truck tires on the side of a highway

Busy but overloaded with work and expected to do it in unrealistic time a go go mentality.

Good experience but job is not for everyone. Management will ride you to do more and more. and if you have a spill its your own fault for doing to much. Also the bonus of 300 is rarely paid out as they find reasons to take it. Such as missing a signature or missing a date on a form. Silly thing like this makes it hard to be happy at a work place.

Pros

Free coffee and lunches every three months

Cons

Health Benefits are the lowest of any tier.

Avoid

Worst fleet of trucks you can find in the industry, not assigned units, 20% driving and 80% labor, terrible (local) management, company is run like a garage business, no work-life balance, you're supposed to be always available having no idea when your day is going to be over. Very cheap compensation compared to the stress and hard work you have to deal with every day.

Pros

Free safety boots after probation

Cons

Too many to count

Dangerous and under appreciated

Graveyard and dangerous . Poorly maintained equipment and training is barely legal. swear you will regret it . Worse than working in a third world country. Mostly an under management approach to. Things.

Pros

Team was supportive

Cons

Dangerous equipment.

Excellent employer

Been with the company five years, new management in our Ottawa office makes the job so much more enjoyable. Our moto at 4Refuel be safe today we care, and they sure do!

Pros

High salary and amazing benefits with greenshield

Cons

Sometimes youll be asked to do extra stops nothing major

Environnement de travail jeune et dynamique à l’écoute de son employé.

Ma place préférée ou j’ai travaillé dans l’industrie du camionnage , si tu es un travailleur qui aime bougé qui n’aime pas être assis dans un camion pour des longues périodes, tu choisis la bonne place chez 4Refuel.

Pros

Toujours en apprentissage

Cons

Mes pauses sont trop longues

Not a fun place to work

They work you like a dog. You get no social life. Trucks are garbage. Management do not know what they are doing. Soon as you stick up for your self or co workers you get fired. Do not ask Human Resources for help because she is all for the company. They have dirty trucks the do not get washed. No respect for the customers or their drivers.

Pros

Cons

Everything there is a con

Not a fun place to work

Equipment in extremely poor condition that have employees avoid scales and check stops at all costs and not wanting them to mark broken equipment on their vehicle inspection reports. Yard extremely muddy even where u park your personal vehicle. Shop always amess. And equipment never washed. If u have something broken it doesn't get fixed until safety is done

Pros

Lunches at meeting s

Cons

Not good place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 4Refuel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement