411.ca Employee Reviews

Work day
Online Presence Consultant (Former Employee) –  North York, ON14 January 2019
- A Typical day at work is make about 100 to 150 cold calls per day to SMB to help them with their marketing strategy.

- I learned a lot working for 411.ca . It thought me how to be more punctual, because my clients time is money and I have to make sure every appointment is on time and precise. I also learn lots more and more interaction with my clients.

- Management was great they were always there for us for support

- Hardest part of the job is probably cold calling SMB owners because they don't know you and you need to earn their trust of their company to market and make business for them.

- The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new clients and the type of different business they owned. Also I enjoyed seeing my co-workers.
Great people, failing company.
Some dude (Former Employee) –  North York, ON3 November 2018
A sinking boat that seems to be on its last legs unless it reinvents itself.

Good people to work with, but the whole concept of the company was planned to be very short term; I am amazed they are still running after almost 20 years.
Pros
Good people/employees
Cons
Low Salary across the board
Good company to work for. Great work environment and managment. More attention needed to market product
Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 September 2018
I had one of the best work experiences working at 411.ca. I worked for them for 7 years in various departments. It was a very laid back atmosphere with great incentives to reach your goals. The managers were very eager to grow the product and branding and work well with their respective teams. Overall a great experience and many free lunches and training sessions.
Pros
Salary, Benefits and free lunches
Cons
Lack of attention to marketing and branding
Toxic Culture
Account Manager/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2018
Mind you the company allows you to work at your own pace but what you put up with is not worth it. Sexist, homophobic, favouritism run a mock at this place. Not a place to have a long term career.
Pros
Contest
Cons
Too Many
Fun office, quick turnover
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2018
The office is fairly laid back, free coffee, pool table, can be a bit cold though. Friendly colleagues and an easy workload, except when you're on the phone with clients.
Stressful position but positive work environment
Senior CSR Agent / Online Advertising Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2018
Great environment. supportive team. provides all the resources and materials required to execute the job. would recommend if you are good at sales and don't mind putting people under pressure.
bien
TÉLÉ-AGENT (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC10 June 2018
travail au téléphone appel d entreprise pour offrir service de visibilité sur le net
Great Co-Workers
Performance Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  1500 Don Mills Road1 June 2018
Very positive place to work. Unfortunately the pay and lack of job security leaves much to be desired. There are some great managers who work there but the company as a whole does tend to treat employees like children.
travail productif
Représentant au téléphone (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2018
cadre de travail avec beaucoup de pression au representant
Fast Pace Environment Good Perks and commissions.
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2018
A good Place to learn new cold calling ideas. Weekly and daily Perks on achieving targets. Supportive management . Fun working environment. No micro management.
Horrible Place To Work
Bilingual Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2017
They really do not treat their employees with any respect & expect them to lie to customers, check their google reviews for proof. The heads of the company pay 0 attention to what is going on so salespeople lie, customer service workers can't fix the issue after its been cause & managers don't care.
Pros
Cons
bad hours, no part time, ignorant managers & directors, lies, cheats, scam company
Tough sales
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2017
You must be a stellar sales person. You cannot fall below quota for more than a month or you will be let go. You must work non stop if you cannot meet targets and you will have to data mine all of your leads if they are not supplied.
Pros
trips if you are top 5 and gift certificates if you are top 3
Cons
favoritsm - goes with many sales positions
Good Expérience
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 November 2017
I remember when I got the job, I was so enthusiastic.

It was my first time doing sales on the phone. I had read and study a lot on the topic, but I had never ever pick up the phone with the intent of selling something to someone.

Quite honestly It was the bootcamp, I was really driven and worked hard, but the training was more product oriented the sales oriented.

And seriously, if you know anything about sales, it's never the product but the sales person that makes the sale or not.

anyhow I appreciated the manager giving me a shot, I guess because of him I am where I am today.

Also Pays really well, but you will need to be very productive and not the best office environment.
Friendly environment
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2017
Great place to work along with friendly people however the amount of pressure to get sales was enormous and caused people to be let go unfairly early.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Fired people when they didnt reach sales quota
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto30 May 2017
411 is a great place to work. Management is very transparent and easy to speak to, and the training process was very smooth. I would highly recommend 411.
Great place
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
I've been at 411.ca for a year and have grown immensely. They have given me the knowledge and skills to move up in the company. Management has helped me get there. There is a transparent culture where you can sit down with the President of the company if you want to. Like any job, there are ups and downs but its been great. We have team lunches, potlucks, a games room, company wide trips (places like Costa Rica). It's great.
Pros
trips, lunches, games room, potlucks, opportunity for advancement, promote from within
Cons
none that come to mind right now
Sales Driven
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON15 March 2017
Great place if you enjoy a sales driven environment. Sales management are helpful. Pay is very good hourly and the commission is uncapped. Cons are that there are not many opportunities for career advancement within the company and there is no job security, what did you do for me recently sort of environment.
Good if you can sell
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
I liked working here when I was selling well. It is fun to work the. the people are nice. If you don't sell you are gone. Managers and co-workers are very friendly and helpful.
Environnement de travail agréable mais parfois non stimulant
Conseillère média (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 December 2016
Étant donné la nature des tâches à effectuer, c'est un poste routinier, il y a du challenge mais pas toujours. Les managers sont sympathiques et très gentils sur le plan humain sauf que sur le plan professionnel, on ressent une énergie de démotivation de leur part c'est ce qui démotive les employés par la suite.

Le plus difficile est le faite d'exécuter la même tâche pendant 7h par jour et 5j/semaine.

Ce qui est agréable c'est que, à l'atteinte de l'objectif, les employés bénéficient d'un bonus qui peut se définir en une carte d'achat prépayé pouvant atteindre 100$ en plus des commissions.
Pros
carte prépayée
Cons
la nature du poste
Fun place to work.
Director Business Development (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2016
Fun place to work.
Everyone is a team player.
Good CEO
Enjoyed the team spirit
Great co-workers.
Lots of fun team building activities.
Pros
You have full control of your team.
Cons
Very short dead lines to meet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 411.ca. Our community is ready to answer.