407 ETR Concession Company

407 ETR Concession Company Employee Reviews

Canada26 reviews
Stressful Work Environment
They provide a great training program that really gives you the tools to succeed in the job. However what they fail at is the encouragement of their workers. They question your performance, they insult and speak to you in such condescending manner.
Great company
I would highly recommend working at 407. It's a great company and a great environment with great people. They take better care of employees than they rightly need to and really go above and beyond to create a pleasant work environment.
Its ok
Its ok. They ask a lot for the money they pay. But I'm sure the office workers get treated much much better. Summer is easy, winter is crazy stressful.
Worked on a temp contract assignment in the Call Centre - pay was competitive but no benefits due to contract position
The Project Management assignment was very challenging and very rewarding as well. I had autonomy to make decisions and influence change to shape and drive results. My input was respected for the most part, team members were collaborative and willing to work together to achieve broader organizational goals. Challenges were typical of working in an unionized environment as well as the usual disconnects between operations and non-operational teams.
Not at all what is advertised
The first thing you will notice about 407 ETR is their charter values. They want you to think, the moment you walk in the door, that you are going to be a valued employee.

However, after you've had a month or two to settle in, management is going to have maximum expectations from you. Do not expect to be recognized for doing a good job here; only a bad job. (By which I mean, you will not hear from management at all until you make a mistake, no matter how big or small.)

In addition to this, just doing the job you were hired for isn't enough. You need to be constantly, (and I do mean constantly), evolving every little thing you do or you will be reprimanded for it.

A majority of the people working here have never left 407, or have been involved with 407 for so long that they don't remember what it's like to work in any other place. If you don't match their ideals of how to run the place, you will almost certainly become an outsider. They are not interested in doing things any way other than what they're currently doing. There's a very big "old boy's club" mentality, including rivalries that go back several years with other departments, and/or managers.

If you are a person looking for a management/leadership opportunity, do yourself a favour and look elsewhere.

The only position I would recommend anyone apply to is the entry-level CSR position as it is unionized. Any kind of leadership position above this is not unionized, and you will be treated poorly eventually.
Pros
Free lunches, sometimes free outings
Cons
Zero work/life balance, minimal respect from direct management
Great Place as Long as You don't have any opinions
Great Company if you are a worker, Awful company if you are management. HR is an awful group have no integrity along with most levels of senior management. This Company is primarily staffed with some very influential members of the old boy club so its a tough place to move up.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Old boys club
Contract job
Typical day at work was very busy. Apart from my team mates who were awesome in every aspect the management team was very say one thing and do another.

Leadership style by the manager who was hired when I worked there was professional and although appeared clear but really wasn't in the end.

Good place to work overall however company does what they see fit without any real explanation.
Pros
Lunch environment was very noisy however ALL employees were super friendly
Cons
Not a great work environment as converted trailer into office
Company doesn't care about their employees
The company changes your schedule whenever they feel like it and they have us working until 11 pm during the week and starting at 8 am on the weekends. If you have plans on the weekends with family or a wedding to go to for example, they don't even care to give you time off for it. You have to either miss out on your plans or call in sick without pay. If you have a medical appointment, they wont even give you time off for it. There is a lot of favoritism in this company and they will give you time off if they really like you among other things they will do for you if they like you. They bend the rules for certain people and not for others. There is also a lot of illegal things that go on in this company, for instance they have a union and the union wont help the employees but instead helps the company get away with whatever they want and they don't fight for our rights at all. We should have a union rep on every shift but that doesn't happen for us and there should always be someone who is CPR trained on all shifts with a large amount of workers and there isn't for us which is really scary if something happened to us while we are working. The pay is great but the overall experience of working here is awful and depressing. Most of us feel undervalued working here.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Not caring about there employees and company getting away with bad stuff
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at 407 ETR Concession Company?
Fun workplace
Everyone there is great, from training class to being on the floor everyone is there to help you and will be there for you to support you when you need help.
Great place to work!
I have never worked in a place that has appreciated my hard work like they do at the 407 ETR. Almost every shift, someone in management is complimenting the great work that I do. The job COULD be a very stressful job but having such a great team behind you makes a huge difference. Pay isn’t the greatest, and it’s hard to advance, but the environment makes up for it.
Pros
Appreciated, work events, free 407!
Cons
Hard to advance, pay isn’t the greatest
Amazing Workplace
Amazing and professional place to begin and build your career. From an entry level position to working your way up seems like a proper place to do so.
lair HR department
everyone is a liar in the company.

had 4 interviews and then they told me they have hired someone else and then after 2 days reached out to my friend for the same position,

to hide one lie they kept on lying through out.
Pros
dont know
Cons
dont know
Stay Away
stay away, especially if you are starting as VEP operator. Managers get fired people get laid off, takes a 1+ year to get full time work, Ant manager is rude, terrible leader. Pay is below $15 to start... Coworkers are very nice and able to listen to music while inputting license plates.
Pros
nice coworkers, sometimes free food
Cons
data entry work sucks
Great place to work. Lots of opportunity for change and advancement.
Good work environment. Offers opportunity to submit your ideas and suggestions and thereby be the voice of change within the organisation.. Great benefits.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
a bit oppressive
Great Company!
Great company to work for. Really enjoyed the front line customer interaction even though it was challenging and customers tend to be frustrated.

Hard to move up as you tend to get kept where you excel.

Unionized environment for the call center, gives stability but frustrations also.
Cons
Hard to advance.
This is a fast paced environment and a good place to work. I started working at 407 etr during its conception and found the management to be learning the at the same pace the employees were and learning. Most of the employees there went on to become dept. supervisors or head of departments as time went on.
A very poor cultured environment with no career advancement
There seem to be a big segregation with the leadership group and the people that report to them. The culture is very poor as they have the same people making all the rules with limited career advancement. It is a union environment and you can feel the negativity from the people who are under this. The turn around is very high and there is no stucture in each department. The system and platform is always down which effects your daily performance. The leadership team needs to change as it is always the same people within a pool that call the shots. Too many cons vs pros. The only pro is that the shift is 830 to 430 and you get free 407 but you have to pay the tax which adds up at end of year.
Pros
Shift is 830 to 430
Cons
Leadership show no support or career advancement
Loved working for the 407
I was hired on a 12-month contract. I really enjoyed my team and my team manager. I learned a lot and would have loved to stay on but as I was covering a maternity leave I was not able to stay on. I appreciate the knowledge that I gained while working as an advocate level 1 in The Office of The President. The company as a whole was very welcoming and I felt that the organization took care of its employees. I would recommend 407ETR as an employer.
Beautiful Office
407 has a beautiful work environment in the highway operations department. Independent, low-medium stress. Great employees and management.
Pros
Independence, Management
Cons
Shift work (afternoons, nights)
productive and good people
typical day at work is providing service for a complete stranger but yet it feels like you know them. always willing to go out of my way to help the client and just to hear thank you makes it all worth it .
Pros
beautiful environment
Cons
short shifts
Great Atmosphere
Working for The 407 ETR is an amazing oppurtunity to be around such motivating people. A day at work felt achieving and rewarding I enjoyed everyday going to work. Management is also a big deal in such a big company such as 407 ETR dealing with so many personalities and so many people Management was great!