401 Auto RV Canada Inc Employee Reviews

Great co-workers and opportunity for advancement
Administrator/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON20 September 2019
Having worked here since 2015, I have seen the company grow every year while maintaining that small business feeling. The ownership and management have a very hands-on approach and want everyone to succeed and advance. I have received several promotions over the last 4 years.

Promotions aside, the best thing about working here are the people and the personal relationships I have built over the years. If you like a fast-paced environment with rewarding work, this is the place for you.
Don’t upset campy
Awesomeness (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 September 2019
Omg watch what you say don’t upset campy super butt hurt won’t speak to you for days 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 never met anyone who acts like such a child when they claim they are an adult it’s kinda sad mostly ridiculous but to any female don’t work in the shop it’s not a nice environment for females
Worst Job I've ever had
Auto service advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 September 2019
If I had one word to say to any new applicants its RUN.
Terrible management, godawful pay and they cut every corner possible.
The sales team is pushy and doesnt understand how a service department works. Managment would rather find someone to blame for failure than fix the problems, they understaff and underequip the service department and make it awful to work there.
Never work here, ever.
Don't apply here unless desperate!
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 September 2019
I worked at 401 for roughly 3 months. It was a terrible job the only perk was making new friends. The managers there do nothing but help themselves. If you have a problem deal with it on your own because it isn't theirs. They change hours/shifts on you with little to no notice. The pay is deplorable, $14/hr plus commission ONLY IF THE SALESPERSON SELLS THE CAR YOU BOOKED AN APPOINTMENT FOR! They're slimy & believe all their employees have an expiration date. I don't know how this place is still even running. You're made to act like a robot when at work, if you get caught saying as much as 'Hello' to a co-worker you will get a warning. Making 250+ phone calls a day burn you out completely. Just avoid this place as much as you can it isn't worth it!!
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Long hours, terrible management, no perks, no talking
Awful place
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 September 2019
Where do I even start. If you take this job you will have no life... you’re not aloud to take your days off during month and if you do you will receive an angry email from the general manager telling you to get in there. Your asked to book appointments and just get people through the door but if you book one for your day off you have to come in, if you have an appointment booked after your shift (after 6) or before you have to be there. No time off in the summer allowed. If you don’t meet your given target you get sent to Cambridge (head office) for a meeting at month end (the 300 club) where they call you out infront of everyone else about your numbers and why you didn’t do better. You are responsible to get there even if it is your day off. If you make any mistakes they will hold your commission. Management is a joke the general manager hides behind his computer to yell at you via email in all cap’s. While he favourites his wife (a sales representative) and gives her deals and or let’s her steal deals from others to get out of the 300 club. You’ll be doing everyone else’s job (cleaning cars moving the lot around weekly, tagging the cars, getting the mileage on them etc). They do burry people in so much debt and lie to them about how it’s going to help them. There is no organization in this place what so ever they will have you running all over the place to pick up cars (Barrie, cambridge, London, Hamilton etc) they will expect you to come in early to leave on these weekly road trips and sometimes on your day off. They have over 20 employees with one nasty bathroom.
Lots of Opportunities
Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 August 2019
Employee of 5+ years. Great environment to learn and grow.

New opportunities to grow within the company.
Never outsource management, they promote within.

Always makes sure the employees and customers are taken care of.
Great place to work overall.
Deplorable Place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 August 2019
I worked there for just over a month, I started in reception and within 3 weeks of that (due to my background) I received a promotion to BDC. While in training (3 days into it) I was fired due to “not being a good fit”. I was good enough to promote and then fired. If you look, their always hiring due to their lack of common sense, no training and people talking behind your back. Do not waste your time applying.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Way too many to list
Worse company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario13 August 2019
All I can say is ...watched the short owner yell and swear at a customer in front of everybody because the customer didn't buy a car ...enough said......stay away …..don't work there.
Pros
im still thinking.......thinking......thinking
Cons
lousy company to work for all cons
Unorganized
RV Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 August 2019
Service Advisor Job mostly entails coming up with excuses for delaying pickup of customers RVs either New units or Service units. Rest of the time is spent explaining the things that the sales person glossed over or didn’t answer.
High turnover of staff, poor organization and negative existing staff
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
See review
Lie cheat and steal
Business manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON5 August 2019
That’s what they expect you to do. They lie to customers and lenders to get vehicles bought. The bury their customers in so much debt they can never get out, owners think bad credit means dirtbags. Absolutely horrible company to get employeed by.
Pros
Cons
Seeing it on your resume
Worst place I have worked
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 August 2019
Horrible to their staff don’t pay charge you fees on your paycheck for any errors made no training mean to employees and rip their customers off so they can never get an other auto loan they over charge on vehicles by thousands of dollars because these people have no other choice managers are pure evil
Zero training
Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario30 July 2019
When hired just thrown to the wolves. Don't care about customers...was fielding 2 year old complaints that were never addressed. When told to tell customer what we would do..reprimanded for doing so because customer emailed head office...dragged 2 hours away for a 10 minute speech .No compensation for personal vehicle use.Run far and fast...low life's. Prey on vulnerable people in desperate situations. When selling trailers knowingly let them go with defects which are years before repaired..
Pros
Cons
List way too long
Don’t waste your time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 July 2019
There are PLENTY of better paying as well as experience based automotive sales jobs out there if you’re interested in learning the car business. This place doesn’t care AT ALL about you, or your future, just as long as you’re screwing people out of their money. Worked there for 6 months and wasted my time. You will basically become an Uber driver, spending many hours per week fetching cars from Barrie, Peterborough, Toronto, Ingersoll, Cambridge etc.
They will promise you the world, then screw u when your customers (with lousy credit) don’t buy a car at 13-34.5% financing. And when THEY don’t buy, it’s all your fault.
I also personally know 3 other managers that gave their time, money, blood and sweat for 401, and they got shafted too. Eventually everyone does there, and so will you. So be warned..401 Auto...where great sales people go to die..
Pros
If you want to call driving all over Southern ON a Pro then ok
Cons
Little money, harassing management, belittling staff and fetching cars from hours away
Your going to like working here
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 September 2018
Amazing team of people work here. The management team has a real chill and laid back style. If you want to learn F&I there is no better place to start.
Pros
Great people, relaxed management style
Looking out for number one
Warranty Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 May 2018
They are only willing to look out for managements benefits and don;t care about anyone else. They are heartless and are willing to lie to their employees and customers so they can make more money.
Horrible place.
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 January 2018
Thinks all employees are Replaceable. Don't value anyone. Drive around in the high end automobiles and flash wealth around to customers and staff. Intimidation tactics used. Disciplines staff in public. Threatens jobs security in front of everyone They will keep u until
Slow time and then fire you
Pros
None.
Cons
Worked there for 2 weeks, never got paid.
BDC (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 May 2016
Absolutely terrible. You're basically calling people that really do not want to be called, getting screamed at on the phone, working ridiculous hours and getting treated like garbage. I was there for about 2 weeks and quit because i was tired of getting screamed at and belittled by customers, and 401 auto didn't even pay me. I have contacted them for my money and no replies whats so ever. Labour board is now involved. Absolutely ridiculous.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 401 Auto RV Canada Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

1.7