3coast Employee Reviews

Great Team
Tier 2 Infrastructure Analyst (Former Employee) –  Webster, TX12 April 2016
Working for 3Coast resembled working most help-desk environments. A typical day began with logging into the queue and phone system, and differed very little over time. My role included a lot of travel as well, going on site to resolve customer issues according to either my own assessment or the assessment of my teammates. I got great exposure to the needs of medium to enterprise level businesses, with very little personal or residential technical support called for. Direct management was perfect, understanding and knowledgeable. The overall management structure was less encouraging to me due to the heavy presence and interference of bureaucratic forces, but that's how a company works. The co-workers were the best part of the job, having an awesome team of like minded technicians to rely on and commiserate with was a relief, as most of my career I've acted singly, whether as an extension of a corporation or as a contractor. The hardest part of the job was the rigorous corporate culture imposed by the need to keep the IT team on the same standards as the sales and administrative teams, an understandable but onerous requirement given that IT staff are routinely imposed with unexpectedly long hours and emergency situations that ratchet the stress level into high gear. The best part of the job was definitely the team. While I'm satisfied and comfortable working with myself, I'd be happy to join another team to experience the feeling of accomplishing more than the sum of our parts.
Pros
Great teamwork, great advisory management, good salary and benefits
Cons
Stiff corporate culture due uniform standards for different needs